Gen IV and ACR help

I have owned a few Gen 3s but not a 4. I have a few questions. First I want to say that the Gen4 is a much better car in both power and all around feel then the GEN three. So first question is do the ACR cable splitter braces supports fit tight or just snug because I have mine almost all the way tightened down and they don’t have any jiggle, but they are not tight or snug. Next is what is this piece in front of my radiator? I’ve looked on a parts diagram for transmission cooler and air-conditioning parts and I can’t find what this is? Last thing is is should I just changed back to the stock Airbox instead of this cold air intake that is on here? I’ve read stock is better. Thanks

I’ll take what is the power steering cooler for $100 Alex.

Enthusiast
    I would describe the splitter supports on my car as "just snug". The aren't super tight with a lot of tension, as you can flex the cables just a little if you push/pull on them, but they don't rattle around any either.

As far as the air box goes, I've never seen anything saying there is a CAI made that works better than the stock box. In fact you may be losing horsepower with the CAI you have now.
    Last edited by SA Heat; 04-06-2023 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks!!! I’ll put the stock air box on!! Yea my cables sound like they are about like yours!!

The car is so visceral and really improves on the Gen3!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nautoncall View Post
    Thanks!!! I’ll put the stock air box on!! Yea my cables sound like they are about like yours!!

The car is so visceral and really improves on the Gen3!!
    Yeah, it's a weapon for sure. If you're on the stock KW coil overs and they're on the factory settings, you can make them better. I hated the way the rear was too soft/bouncy on the stock settings on anything but smooth pavement....felt unsafe. Experimented with the rebound (left the compression alone) and ended up making it a lot better without going crazy stiff.

I don’t know if I’m on stock settings but it feels planted on our local roads. It feels great so I haven’t messed with anything but adding the throttle response kit which I love.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nautoncall View Post
    I don’t know if I’m on stock settings but it feels planted on our local roads. It feels great so I haven’t messed with anything but adding the throttle response kit which I love.
    I agree going with the stock air box and OEM filter. I would sell what you have and try to buy a close out panel and air box heat shield. Doug Shelby Engineering (DSE) made nice 1's when I had my GEN IV. A Gen V intake manifold would also be a step in the right direction. DSE made the hardware necessary to aid in the conversion as well. All 3 mods I just mentioned would be far superior to any CAI. Search this forum for more info. on these modifications. Good luck.

Reference from ACR manual attached on the splitter cables. Depending on where you have them adjusted dictates the tension. The engineering team recommended no more than 6 mm of deflection at the front of the splitter from its rest position. Slackening the cables and allowing the splitter to droop up to this limit permits additional down force at the front of the car to combat understeer in high speed corners.

Screenshot_20230407-091423.png

Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    Reference from ACR manual attached on the splitter cables. Depending on where you have them adjusted dictates the tension. The engineering team recommended no more than 6 mm of deflection at the front of the splitter from its rest position. Slackening the cables and allowing the splitter to droop up to this limit permits additional down force at the front of the car to combat understeer in high speed corners.

This is great information but my cables were both a little different before I tightened them. One was really loose...and the other was just a little loose. So can you post a video of yours to see how "loose" they are at rest. And how much is "load" under tension? that's pretty arbitrary....10#, 50#? Thanks for the info.

@quickster2, I have the complete stock airbox and I am looking around for a GenV intake. Thanks.
    Last edited by nautoncall; 04-07-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post

Still looking for an ACR manual.........

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Still looking for an ACR manual.........
    Downloadable PDF

Quote Originally Posted by LATAMUD View Post
    Downloadable PDF
    Yup, but also want the physical copy.

Enthusiast
    Could you point me to a link to that ACR manual Downloadable PDF?

anything other than the stock airfilter is costing you hp also per dick winkles

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwilson View Post
    What's your email?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwilson View Post
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...ide-supplement

Thank you. I read on the track prep document the splitter should deflect 6mm under tension for cable adjustment.