Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    ACRSNK, read in today's Automotive News Gerry Wood sold all his stores about a month ago

Here's another article I found regarding the sale.

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/ran...na-dealerships

The Gerry Wood "Solid Edition" is right up there with Billy's Sticker Slapper! Hahaha.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    The Gerry Wood "Solid Edition" is right up there with Billy's Sticker Slapper! Hahaha.
    You do know that you have no idea what the F you are talking about. If you knew more of the backstory behind the ACR/TA you would be ashamed of your posts on Bill. You know of the one of one program, correct? You know that every car built in the one of one program had to be unique in some way. Did you know that Bill was able to get Dodge to build 10 IDENTICAL cars under the one of one program. Gerry Woods couldn't do that neither could any of the other Viper dealers. Did you know that Bill also convinced Dodge to do a limited number of Gen 4 CONVERTIBLE ACRs? Dodge customized the aero for the convertible and only Woodhouse sold them. When one goes on sale they command a real premium.

You wouldn't know but Bill convinced Dodge to install the higher 6th gear transmission in my 2015 TA 2.0 because I wanted to use the car on One Lap where I had to do 600-700 miles in a night on the highway. Dodge had gone to back to the higher 6th gear in 2015 for the GTS but not the TA 2.0. Mine was the only TA made in 2015 with the higher 6th gear. He also managed to get my ACR/TA moved up in the production line because of One Lap. It is number 4 but it was the first one built.

I won't take anything away from your car, it is a very nice car but why do you insist on trashing the ACR/TA? I know why and it has something to do with your request for Bill to fly a Viper tech to your home to do something on your car. Bill will probably be upset with my post, he is not one to pick an argument. I on the other hand am fed up with your BS.

Enthusiast
    PWND

https://moparinsiders.com/we-look-at...cial-editions/

Looks like the ACR/TA pulls ahead of the Roanoke edition.

I agree with that ranking

Viper George….it is clear that the ACR/TA is not worth owning. Let me do you a favor and take it off your hands so you can buy a Dealer Edition, or something that you can actually be seen in without embarrassment. Just looking to help out a fellow Viper enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    I agree with your agreement..... Two errors though....the article states: This special edition ACR/TA Viper comes with the ACR-E’s carbon ceramic brakes and aero kit. I don't believe it got the CCB's. Secondly that wonky non ACR-E snakeskin green with the fang stripes should not be #4. Maybe 8 or 9.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    I agree with your agreement..... Two errors though....the article states: This special edition ACR/TA Viper comes with the ACR-E’s carbon ceramic brakes and aero kit. I don't believe it got the CCB's. Secondly that wonky non ACR-E snakeskin green with the fang stripes should not be #4. Maybe 8 or 9.
    That is true the ACR/TA was configured with steel TA brakes for track use. Bill wanted to make them less expensive to replace.

Enthusiast

Viper George….it is clear that the ACR/TA is not worth owning. Let me do you a favor and take it off your hands so you can buy a Dealer Edition, or something that you can actually be seen in without embarrassment. Just looking to help out a fellow Viper enthusiast
    Haha, I really appreciate the offer. I might get more for it if I ripped off the TA decal and sold it as a plain ACR. I mean who wants to buy a "sticker slapper" anyway? Oh wait, I think the last ACR/TA that was sold went for more than $380,000, maybe a "sticker slapper" is worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Haha, I really appreciate the offer. I might get more for it if I ripped off the TA decal and sold it as a plain ACR. I mean who wants to buy a "sticker slapper" anyway? Oh wait, I think the last ACR/TA that was sold went for more than $380,000, maybe a "sticker slapper" is worth something.
    Now I'm curious what the highest Roanoke Edition sold for?

The big ticket Special Editions all were wrapper cars so hard to compare model to model. The 400K+ GTS-R was serial number #1 with no miles on it. The aforementioned ACR/TA was no miles as well. Same car with 2K miles on it is 50K-75K+ less.

Fun fact: Back when that article came out I was a contributor on that site and actually wrote that article. To clear up some things: The article isn't a "ranking the best GEN V special editions" article, it's just showing all the special editions the Gen V had and the chronological order they came out in (hence why the GTS Launch Edition is the first car on the list haha). Secondly, that ACR/TA brake type error is embarrassing! Thought I knew better than that at the time . I remember making an insta post around the same time with a photo of that ACR/TA and being confused then too though so *facepalm*.

Another mistake in that article (that was actually pointed out in a different thread a while ago) is the incorrect production number of the TA 2.0. I believe I went to FCA's media website to find out what the production numbers on TA 2.0s were and it said 96, when in reality they intended on it being 96 but didn't get anywhere close to that amount.

Sorry for letting Viper Nation down there haha

Don’t ever rip that decal off. You are very lucky to have such a special car.

My offer stands

Enthusiast
    Don’t ever rip that decal off. You are very lucky to have such a special car.

My offer stands
    I do really appreciate your offer! If I ever decide to sell I will let you know.

I know why and it has something to do with your request for Bill to fly a Viper tech to your home to do something on your car.
    Now that is hysterical! At least there is contunuity in and to the lies.

I love your car & think it is awesome. There is just a difference between dealer allocation and official authentic manufacturer releases like the factory special editions. Gerry Wood Solid Editions and other editions were Frankensteined by the dealer and are not manufacturer creations per the press release. Those Vipers are still great, they all are.

Hang on to yours for sure. It had one of the biggest sales so far and it will be an important part of Viper history.

Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post

Wow what a great list. Thanks for sharing!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post

This is awesome.

Normally, when cars have all these stupid "special editions" and "limited packages" and etc., it just screams of a marketing cash grab. The Viper is so special in that it has so many packages and special editions- probably more than any car I can think of by a lot (especially considering how few there are to begin with)- and I love every single one. Every time I see one, I change my mind and decide "nope, that's definitely my favorite." Even my "generic" black + gun metal striped GTS still makes me stop and stare on my way out the door. It's one of the very few cars that, completely outside the driving experience, it makes me happy just to own it and see it every morning.

If I dont get close to a Z06 by year end, I'll probably get a 991 GT3/GT3RS or start a 69 Corvette LS/T56 type project. I will likely drive any one of those cars much more than the Viper (and certainly track the piss out of the Porsche/Z06 while my Viper likely won't ever see the track), but I'd absolutely sell any of those cars 3x over before I sold the Viper. And it's odd for me to have that sort of emotional attachment to any car, but especially a Dodge/Mopar. I've never cared for Mopar, always been a GM guy since I was a kid and there isn't a single other Dodge/Mopar car I am really interested in.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    This is awesome.

Normally, when cars have all these stupid "special editions" and "limited packages" and etc., it just screams of a marketing cash grab. The Viper is so special in that it has so many packages and special editions- probably more than any car I can think of by a lot (especially considering how few there are to begin with)- and I love every single one. Every time I see one, I change my mind and decide "nope, that's definitely my favorite." Even my "generic" black + gun metal striped GTS still makes me stop and stare on my way out the door. It's one of the very few cars that, completely outside the driving experience, it makes me happy just to own it and see it every morning.

If I dont get close to a Z06 by year end, I'll probably get a 991 GT3/GT3RS or start a 69 Corvette LS/T56 type project. I will likely drive any one of those cars much more than the Viper (and certainly track the piss out of the Porsche/Z06 while my Viper likely won't ever see the track), but I'd absolutely sell any of those cars 3x over before I sold the Viper. And it's odd for me to have that sort of emotional attachment to any car, but especially a Dodge/Mopar. I've never cared for Mopar, always been a GM guy since I was a kid and there isn't a single other Dodge/Mopar car I am really interested in.
    My dad just sold his 2018 GT3.. it was a neat car, just lacking the "cool" factor. Ended up with a McLaren 620R.

I do really appreciate your offer! If I ever decide to sell I will let you know.
    Thank you

Good catch on the ACR/TA brakes. A little detail that only a real Viper enthusiast would catch.

When I was looking at which of the special editions was going to be my last purchase it was a no brainer for me it had to be the GTSR. However….had the ACR/TA been in the mix at that time that would have made things a lot more difficult. I LOVE the orange, had it on my TA1 and my Superleggera. I loved the TA cloth interior as well. TBH not sure which way I would have went. Never gave a moments thought to values down the road. Probably still would have got what I did but the ACR/TA is by far my second favorite and it’s thisclose.

"Unofficial limited edition cars" are talked about here: https://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/06/...mited-edition/

Pretty sure Gerry sold every one too.

Agree on that orange paint. Also always loved Stryker Purple. I think the close 2nd for me would be the Vooodoo II, very sinister all murdered out.

Enthusiast
    Great list, for me it would be 1. GTSR/VOODOO II
    2. Ceramic Blue ( which strangely ive rarely seen them but LOVE the color)
    3. ACR/TA
    4. Launch edition

Check out how far this market has come in just seven years for snakes in general:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    I remember buying in Jan 2021 and everyone telling me I was crazy for buying at the peak of the market. Same thing with my house in August 2014. Aside from energy stocks when oil went negative, it's been my best performing investment (in hindsight, buying energy back then seems like such a no brainer).

(TBF, I honestly thought it was a bad time to buy both times, but I just wanted a sports car again and didn't want to rent anymore. Got lucky!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast