Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost me beer View Post
    Fwiw I just installed PS4s on my 16 and it is hands down better than the oems. I can actually shift without getting loose now. Very happy with them.
    Troy
    That is when you DRIVE the car...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by No hemi View Post
    That is when you DRIVE the car...
    Definitely good for a laugh! And what about the flat???

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Definitely good for a laugh! And what about the flat???
    I'm genuinely terrified of getting a flat to the point where I won't drive the car more than 20 min away. The car is lowered on coilovers AND has side skirts AND has a diffuser. A low profile jack can barely get under it as it sits (I'm not even sure if it can). If it drops another inch due to a flat, I'm not sure how the heck I get it up in the air.

I need to invent a jack that grabs the car by by the wheels so I can get the car up high enough to get another jack under it, lol.

Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    I need to invent a jack that grabs the car by by the wheels so I can get the car up high enough to get another jack under it, lol.
    No need to invent, already done...61IEuUYQouL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Enthusiast
    Lol, if I could get the wheel in that, I wouldn't need it.
    I'm talking about a mini fork lift type lift. 8" gap between the forks and 14" deep forks. Obviously, a lot of difficulties with lever arms and making it remotely portable. Probably doesn't exist for a reason.

Enthusiast
    https://youtu.be/lFk0IyHC21s
    It lifts the tire. Don’t need to put a tire down onto it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    https://youtu.be/lFk0IyHC21s
    It lifts the tire. Don’t need to put a tire down onto it.
    If you can't get a Harbor Freight jack under the car I'm not sure you could get the tire jacks under the car either.

I'm genuinely terrified of getting a flat to the point where I won't drive the car more than 20 min away. The car is lowered on coilovers AND has side skirts AND has a diffuser. A low profile jack can barely get under it as it sits (I'm not even sure if it can). If it drops another inch due to a flat, I'm not sure how the heck I get it up in the air.

Get you one of these! An AC DK13HLQ. I love mine, super low, easy to get replacement parts, and you can go deep with the grab of the lift.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...i?pn=TOL-13HLQ

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    If you can't get a Harbor Freight jack under the car I'm not sure you could get the tire jacks under the car either.
    Yup. There's zero chance that gets under my car. The front wheels definitely don't make it. that's why it needs to be like a mini fork lift.

The front BARELY clears low profile ramps. I got the lowest profile jack I could find (2.75") and I can't get that underneath- it's super close so I only need to go up a piece of plywood. Drop the front another inch due to a flat and I'm not sure what I would do. I have some pieces of lumber in the car I could roll up. I could also jack up the other front corner and hope that gets high enough to lift the opposite side enough to get another jack under there.

Nightmare on the side of the highway for sure.
    Last edited by Lawineer; 04-04-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Enthusiast
    Yup. There's zero chance that gets under my car. The front wheels definitely don't make it. that's why it needs to be like a mini fork lift.

The front BARELY clears low profile ramps. I got the lowest profile jack I could find (2.75") and I can't get that underneath- it's super close so I only need to go up a piece of plywood. Drop the front another inch due to a flat and I'm not sure what I would do. I have some pieces of lumber in the car I could roll up. I could also jack up the other front corner and hope that gets high enough to lift the opposite side enough to get another jack under there.

Nightmare on the side of the highway for sure.
    I added the Doug Shelby hocky puck thing to the center rear of the car. Probably could get a jack under it even with a flat. Lift the car and put it down on some pieces of wood then use the normal jacking points.

One other thought. I have, somewhere, a super low profile, billet, scissors jack. It is like 1" thick. I haven't tried it on the Viper but I will.
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 04-04-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Enthusiast
    April fools! Lol

Inside joke gents.
    Troy

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost me beer View Post
    April fools! Lol

Inside joke gents.
    Troy
    The flat joke is almost as good as Bud Light hiring a trans as their spokesperson. Oh wait ….

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the post George , Mr. Shelby makes alot of great stuff. Many of us have dug Doug's machinations for over a decade!

Have them on my gen 3, couldn't imagine a better street tire. Also had them on my 2016Z06. Great tires.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRTMike View Post
    Have them on my gen 3, couldn't imagine a better street tire. Also had them on my 2016Z06. Great tires.
    A local member was complaining about the handling of his 2004 Gen 3. It had Nitto tires on it when he got it. I recommended the Michelin Pilot 4S. He bought them and couldn't believe how different the car behaved. He is very happy now.

Enthusiast
    tires are the easiest and best upgrade can do to a car. Most people highly underestimate what a simple mod it is

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    tires are the easiest and best upgrade can do to a car. Most people highly underestimate what a simple mod it is
    I disagree. Rims and tires are!! And I got a great deal on a set, $2400:

s-l1600 (1).jpg
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12