Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    I've had a couple of discussions with the civil firm that looks after all the Tilke tracks about some consulting work. Kind of a unique set of skills and experience required.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    I've had a couple of discussions with the civil firm that looks after all the Tilke tracks about some consulting work. Kind of a unique set of skills and experience required.
    That's cool. What kind of consulting work and what kind of skills? Would it involve a lot of travel for you Tilke is international and some of their tracks are a loooong way away,

Enthusiast
    This is for assistance in design, construction and maintenance of F-1 level circuits. Includes measurement of track surface roughness, devising and implementing corrective action plans; materials sourcing and production, transport, placement and daily observation and reporting during construction. Quality assurance, inspection, testing and process control oversight responsibilities. Good knowledge of motorsports environment and racing vehicle dynamics. As a very hands-on highway materials and construction company owner and track driver I can check every box with extensive experience. I just need the time.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 03-28-2023 at 08:02 AM.

Enthusiast
    That's awesome.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Great job Cable on a good showing! 3rd in the Unlimited Class is no slouch. Cameron Lawrence was a hired gun, Rafael Martinez owns the McLaren 720S GT3X that they both competed in. Rafael was about 10 seconds off Cameron's pace at best. They brought a ton of McLaren guys to the event for setup and such.

Pro/Comp

1. Cameron Lawrence 2:00.803
    2. Jenson Little 2:03.604
    3. Jason Chin 2:07.918

Unlimited

1. Feras Qartoumy 2:03.850
    2. Cole Powelson 2:04.379
    3. Cable Rosenburg 2:13.402

Thanks dude! I just saw this! I was definitely outgunned in Unlimited, down about 400-600hp from the other guys. I was expecting 4th place and only got 3rd due to Amir's crazy NSX breaking. Next year I will be taking the turbo car to match their power, but I still won't have 5000 lbs of downforce like them, I'll be sticking to stock ACR aero for now. With Global Time Attack/Super Lap Battle they don't really care about factory built race cars so we don't count those LOL and that's why they have the "ProComp" class. I wish Nasa etc did that as well. But it was cool to see that 3 million dollar McLaren out there. Cameron really wanted a sub 2 as he went just over 2 minutes in practice Friday. McLaren even sent out a few engineers to help, they were swapping suspension parts, but it didn't help as it got HOT the next day (90 degrees!).

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Great job. You'll need to get the TT finished to compete with the other 1400 HP TTs on this track. Soon. I was also impressed with DuSold's 67 Camaro running sub-2:10s. You can run the massive hill climb aero if you have well over 1000 HP to push it. I still think the NA 9L will be quicker on some of the shorter, more technical tracks.
    Yeah I loved seeing Dusold's Camaro out there! The baddest car there IMO was an early Trans Am with a 1000hp naturally aspirated LSX. The thing is a work of art and home built.

Enthusiast
    I think SW ran a 2:14 in his heads/cam ACR-E on the Kumho's. That was 4-5 years ago and who knows what the track conditions were then vs last weekend.
    The fastest he ran that I know of was a 2.19

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Thanks dude! I just saw this! I was definitely outgunned in Unlimited, down about 400-600hp from the other guys. I was expecting 4th place and only got 3rd due to Amir's crazy NSX breaking. Next year I will be taking the turbo car to match their power, but I still won't have 5000 lbs of downforce like them, I'll be sticking to stock ACR aero for now. With Global Time Attack/Super Lap Battle they don't really care about factory built race cars so we don't count those LOL and that's why they have the "ProComp" class. I wish Nasa etc did that as well. But it was cool to see that 3 million dollar McLaren out there. Cameron really wanted a sub 2 as he went just over 2 minutes in practice Friday. McLaren even sent out a few engineers to help, they were swapping suspension parts, but it didn't help as it got HOT the next day (90 degrees!).
    Probably not enough participation in NASA for a procomp class, just a thought.

That McLaren is wicked. There's another guy with one down in Southern Missouri, he just finished up his own 4 mile racetrack haha I always thought I was doing pretty well for myself...then I see people dump money like that.

HedgeHollow.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Turns out Cable had a blown head gasket at COTA and was a little down on power. They fixed it and yesterday he set a new production car track record during a NASA event at the new Podium Club track (Atessa) in Casa Grande, AZ - 1:28.8. The car drew a lot of attention on the main straight with its brutal sequential shifts and 169 mph top speed!
    So I was overheating 2nd lap every session, we couldn't figure out where the water was going. We had to spend all the time between sessions filling and bleeding the cooling system. So I only got a few laps total of practice Friday, then Saturday and Sunday could just do one hot lap a session, so 5 total. At the beginning of my first hot lap I'd be 240 coolant, so car was down a lot of power. I had a photographer come up to me and show me the below pic, then we definitely knew it was a blown head gasket. My splitter also came apart we had to repair that as well every session with epoxy and bolts and extra cables that I was fortunate enough for other people to share with me. Check out the duct tape on the pic as well LOL. It helped block out there air getting in between where the splitter had separated and it worked! I was hoping for a 2.10 there, that's as fast as an 800whp Viper is ever going to go there. Next year I'll have a minimum of 1200whp and should be another 3 seconds faster on each straight, but will lose a little in the corners and braking from the extra 300 lbs or so.

HeadGasket.jpg

Enthusiast
    We'll see!

Jackie Ding ran 2:13.870 with less power, and on street tires.
    hehe don't be so sure about "less power" with any of these turbo cars. Jackie is more honest than most about his power though. But if you've got 800whp and it's working good, what are you going to do at the track? Turn it up

Enthusiast
    So I was overheating 2nd lap every session, we couldn't figure out where the water was going. We had to spend all the time between sessions filling and bleeding the cooling system. So I only got a few laps total of practice Friday, then Saturday and Sunday could just do one hot lap a session, so 5 total. At the beginning of my first hot lap I'd be 240 coolant, so car was down a lot of power. I had a photographer come up to me and show me the below pic, then we definitely knew it was a blown head gasket. My splitter also came apart we had to repair that as well every session with epoxy and bolts and extra cables that I was fortunate enough for other people to share with me. Check out the duct tape on the pic as well LOL. It helped block out there air getting in between where the splitter had separated and it worked! I was hoping for a 2.10 there, that's as fast as an 800whp Viper is ever going to go there. Next year I'll have a minimum of 1200whp and should be another 3 seconds faster on each straight, but will lose a little in the corners and braking from the extra 300 lbs or so.

HeadGasket.jpg
    Throw some monster aero on your turbo car!

Enthusiast
    Pretty fast!

I love watching Jackie drive. He's super animated in the pits and has really gotten comfortable in his Supra. COTA is a fun track. Looks like the bump in turn one is getting bigger by the event.

Jackie is an amazing driver much better than me and he's a character, one of the funniest guys I've ever met!

Enthusiast
    Jackie is an amazing driver much better than me and he's a character, one of the funniest guys I've ever met!
    He's hysterical that's for sure. Super laid back and relaxed. He's young, but he acts a lot younger than he is haha

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pMak26 View Post
    I really like Jackie and his team, and the kid can drive! That car is awesome too, really maxing out the rules. 760whp! wow!
    There's no limit on power in any class with Global Time Attack/Super Lap Battle which I love because there can be no cheating, no dynoing.

$3 million? I thought Cameron was driving a 720 GT3-X which is by no means cheap, but were listed just over $900k. Was it something else?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    $3 million? I thought Cameron was driving a 720 GT3-X which is by no means cheap, but were listed just over $900k. Was it something else?
    The owner said it was 3 million. I guess when there is only 8 in the USA and you want one, you pay lol.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    The owner said it was 3 million. I guess when there is only 8 in the USA and you want one, you pay lol.
    I think they're right around $850k for a fully optioned one.

Only 8, really? I know of 3.

That's one heck of a mark up!

Enthusiast
    I was just talking to my engine builder this afternoon at his new shop. He has a customer who wants a TT Nissan V8 engine built for an LMP-3 chassis to use in GTA!

Enthusiast
    I was just talking to my engine builder this afternoon at his new shop. He has a customer who wants a TT Nissan V8 engine built for an LMP-3 chassis to use in GTA!
    Easiest way to a sub-2 at COTA I guess. Buy a factory engineered race car and put turbos on it

Enthusiast
    Here's a recap video-

You can see my car spitting flames pretty good at 12.07

Enthusiast
    Good video! They do such a good job advertising their brand image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12