Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Super Lap Battle 2023 COTA

Great job Cable on a good showing! 3rd in the Unlimited Class is no slouch. Cameron Lawrence was a hired gun, Rafael Martinez owns the McLaren 720S GT3X that they both competed in. Rafael was about 10 seconds off Cameron's pace at best. They brought a ton of McLaren guys to the event for setup and such.

Pro/Comp

1. Cameron Lawrence 2:00.803
    2. Jenson Little 2:03.604
    3. Jason Chin 2:07.918

Unlimited

1. Feras Qartoumy 2:03.850
    2. Cole Powelson 2:04.379
    3. Cable Rosenburg 2:13.402

Video from Day 1:

Video from Day 2:

Last edited by 13COBRA; 03-14-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Tnx AZVIPERS for Rep-Ree-Zent-In once again.

Nice Job Cable!

I think you've got that backwards Nick - Cameron (former Daytona 24 class winner in a Viper) was driving the car for the owner and turned the quickest times in the GT3-X

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    Nice Job Cable!

I think you've got that backwards Nick - Cameron (former Daytona 24 class winner in a Viper) was driving the car for the owner and turned the quickest times in the GT3-X
    You are 100% correct! I'll fix it.

Enthusiast
    Great job. You'll need to get the TT finished to compete with the other 1400 HP TTs on this track. Soon. I was also impressed with DuSold's 67 Camaro running sub-2:10s. You can run the massive hill climb aero if you have well over 1000 HP to push it. I still think the NA 9L will be quicker on some of the shorter, more technical tracks.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Great job. You'll need to get the TT finished to compete with the other 1400 HP TTs on this track. Soon. I was also impressed with DuSold's 67 Camaro running sub-2:10s. You can run the massive hill climb aero if you have well over 1000 HP to push it. I still think the NA 9L will be quicker on some of the shorter, more technical tracks.
    The GT3X only has about 750 I believe, including the push to pass. I'm not sure Feras or Cole have ever had their boost turned all the way up.

Just like anything, if Cable ran more down at COTA, he'd be faster. I'd guess his car is capable of 2:06-2:08 down there.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    The GT3X only has about 750 I believe, including the push to pass. I'm not sure Feras or Cole have ever had their boost turned all the way up.

Just like anything, if Cable ran more down at COTA, he'd be faster. I'd guess his car is capable of 2:06-2:08 down there.
    A 2:06-2:08 still won't beat Feras or Cole. They have the excess power to push through the drag of some massive aero and to pull the long, uphill straight. He needs to get to a 2:01 for him to be happy.

Enthusiast
    I think SW ran a 2:14 in his heads/cam ACR-E on the Kumho's. That was 4-5 years ago and who knows what the track conditions were then vs last weekend.

Enthusiast
    A 2:06-2:08 still won't beat Feras or Cole. They have the excess power to push through the drag of some massive aero and to pull the long, uphill straight. He needs to get to a 2:01 for him to be happy.
    Probably an unpopular opinion, and I'll gladly eat crow...but I don't think Cable will run a 2:01.

Enthusiast
    Probably an unpopular opinion, and I'll gladly eat crow...but I don't think Cable will run a 2:01.
    He is fast on the technical tracks (track records), so his technique is good. At COTA, with its long straights he is very horsepower limited compared to Feras and Cole. He will probably have to add the big aero (hill climb type stuff) to get down to a 2:01, and that takes horsepower to drive through the aero drag, especially when you are 180+ on the straights. During this event he got very little track time, first with overheating on day 1 (fan failure), and on the second day the carbon fiber splitter delaminated, and they had to try to patch it up enough to survive a few laps - not optimum for trying to set a fast time. I wouldn't count him out. As long as his new TT car makes big, reliable HP and he optimizes the aero, he will be fast.

Enthusiast
    He is fast on the technical tracks (track records), so his technique is good. At COTA, with its long straights he is very horsepower limited compared to Feras and Cole. He will probably have to add the big aero (hill climb type stuff) to get down to a 2:01, and that takes horsepower to drive through the aero drag, especially when you are 180+ on the straights. During this event he got very little track time, first with overheating on day 1 (fan failure), and on the second day the carbon fiber splitter delaminated, and they had to try to patch it up enough to survive a few laps - not optimum for trying to set a fast time. I wouldn't count him out. As long as his new TT car makes big, reliable HP and he optimizes the aero, he will be fast.
    We'll see!

Jackie Ding ran 2:13.870 with less power, and on street tires.

Enthusiast
    Interesting to see how our " Old " car is stacking up to all the new machines. Congrats Cable.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Interesting to see how our " Old " car is stacking up to all the new machines. Congrats Cable.
    I think the Viper will always be relevant on racetracks.

Enthusiast
    Turns out Cable had a blown head gasket at COTA and was a little down on power. They fixed it and yesterday he set a new production car track record during a NASA event at the new Podium Club track (Atessa) in Casa Grande, AZ - 1:28.8. The car drew a lot of attention on the main straight with its brutal sequential shifts and 169 mph top speed!

Enthusiast
    Turns out Cable had a blown head gasket at COTA and was a little down on power. They fixed it and yesterday he set a new production car track record during a NASA event at the new Podium Club track (Atessa) in Casa Grande, AZ - 1:28.8. The car drew a lot of attention on the main straight with its brutal sequential shifts and 169 mph top speed!
    His car is wild, that's for sure!

Enthusiast
    I watched the NASCAR race at COTA this weekend. I think the fastest lap, turned by William Byron in clean air while in the lead, was a 2:12.95.

Enthusiast
    I watched the NASCAR race at COTA this weekend. I think the fastest lap, turned by William Byron in clean air while in the lead, was a 2:12.95.
    Pretty fast!

I love watching Jackie drive. He's super animated in the pits and has really gotten comfortable in his Supra. COTA is a fun track. Looks like the bump in turn one is getting bigger by the event.

Enthusiast
    ^^^^^^^^^ Great video. The kid has a lot of enthusiasm and quick hands. Do you know what that car weighs?

Enthusiast
    ^^^^^^^^^ Great video. The kid has a lot of enthusiasm and quick hands. Do you know what that car weighs?
    3000 I think plus him.

He used to run F4 in 2015/16. Good driver, ultra aggressive.

Enthusiast
    I really like Jackie and his team, and the kid can drive! That car is awesome too, really maxing out the rules. 760whp! wow!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pMak26 View Post
    I really like Jackie and his team, and the kid can drive! That car is awesome too, really maxing out the rules. 760whp! wow!
    Definitely maxing out the rules haha It's incredible he's still on street tires...even if they are a cheater tire in my opinion.

Super humble kid with tons of talent and balls.

Enthusiast
    Definitely maxing out the rules haha It's incredible he's still on street tires...even if they are a cheater tire in my opinion.
    I didn't say it but... yes lol

Still impressive though. I had a chat with him at NJMP last year, enjoyed that chat. Too bad the viper doesn't suit their Street class rules (tire width limit). A stock ACRE wouldn't stand a chance against that car, but it would be fun to play anyway.

Enthusiast
    Not shabby for a taxicab with no aero to speak of.

Nick - that bump is no problem for me. I only brake after I go over it. It appears that the same stratum of subgrade is producing a bump going downhill between 1 and 2 now.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pMak26 View Post
    I didn't say it but... yes lol

Still impressive though. I had a chat with him at NJMP last year, enjoyed that chat. Too bad the viper doesn't suit their Street class rules (tire width limit). A stock ACRE wouldn't stand a chance against that car, but it would be fun to play anyway.
    Agreed. His platform is about the best you can get in the street class...by design haha

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post

Nick - that bump is no problem for me. I only brake after I go over it. It appears that the same stratum of subgrade is producing a bump going downhill between 1 and 2 now.
    I was talking about after 1 I suppose. Seems like it got bigger after the repave.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post

Here are some interesting numbers. NASCAR lowered the spoiler 2 inches, eliminated 3 of the strakes in the diffuser, and took away the front strakes for road courses and the really short ovals. They say that decreased the downforce by 300# but did not specify at what speed. In another place they say they took away 1/3 of the downforce, so, by deduction, the car in big oval configuration must make around 900#, and 600# downforce at road course speeds. Not much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast