Enthusiast

Non dealer Viper service shops

With Viper Techs disappearing I've been trying to find non-dealer service centers that are qualified to work on our cars. I have found two such places in Colorado. First is Chapman Auto Performance in Arvada, CO. Cody, the owner, has previously owned two Gen 5 Vipers and his shop does work on high performance vehicles. They will do routine maintenance, like oil changes, or more complicated fixes like replacing your clutch or window regulator. My ACR is there now having the clutch replaced.

Second is 3R Racing in Denver, CO. They used to race Vipers and they work on mostly track/racecars. They did an alignment on my ACR last year and did a great job.

Of course if you are in NY then you have Chuck Tator at Tator's garage.

So if you know of a shop in your area that has done or can do work on a Viper post it here. Maybe the Mods could make this a sticky.
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 02-22-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    With Viper Techs disappearing I've been trying to find non-dealer service centers that are qualified to work on our cars. I have found two such places in Colorado. First is Chapman Auto Performance in Arvada, CO. Cody, the owner, has previously owned two Gen 5 Vipers and his shop does work on high performance vehicles. They will do routine maintenance, like oil changes, or more complicated fixes like replacing your clutch or window regulator. My ACR is there now having the clutch replaced.

Second is 3R Racing in Denver, CO. They used to race Vipers and they work on mostly track/racecars. They did an alignment on my ACR last year and did a great job.

Of course if you are in NY then you have Chuck Tator at Tator's garage.

So if you know of a shop in your area that has done or can do work on a Viper post it here. Maybe the Mods could make this a sticky.
    Why was this moved to the Southwest Region. This thread is INTENDED for all regions!

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    No worries. Moved it back. You should note that it was moved, but with a permanent redirect left in its original forum. So you were effectively receiving the attention of 2 forums.

Regardless, all you need to do is ask.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    No worries. Moved it back. You should note that it was moved, but with a permanent redirect left in its original forum. So you were effectively receiving the attention of 2 forums.

Regardless, all you need to do is ask.
    Thank you. I did want to ask but I couldn't find who the mods were so I could PM them. Could you set up a PM group so that members could PM "Moderators" and have the message go to all of them?

Enthusiast
    I will contribute for those in the SE that are new to the game, or been hiding under a rock! P1 garage in Sanford, FL is great. Alex is top notch, and a stand up guy. Other than myself, he is the only one that touches my babies.
    Troy

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Thank you. I did want to ask but I couldn't find who the mods were so I could PM them. Could you set up a PM group so that members could PM "Moderators" and have the message go to all of them?
    The small ! icon on the bar below every post ("report post") goes to all the moderators.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

all you need is a good tech,they can work on anything from a lawn mower to a bull dozer, a viper is one of the easiest cars to work on

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    all you need is a good tech,they can work on anything from a lawn mower to a bull dozer, a viper is one of the easiest cars to work on
    Once they figure out how the hood opens...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    While the Viper is not too difficult to work on, maybe with the exception of alignments, most of us would not trust our car to just any wrench turner. We would like to know that the tech will not only be able to perform the necessary work but we want to know that the tech will take proper care of the car. Most shops are not used to working on higher end cars. Will they keep the car inside? Will they allow anyone, like their lot jockeys, to drive the car? There are a lot of factors in selecting a service shop, not just the skills of the tech.