Enthusiast

An option for seats

I ordered a set of take off seat covers for my TA interior from Tony Spampinato at Venzano Interiors. My driver's seat is getting a little ratty. In any event Tony sent me some pictures of Gen 5 seats he makes. Pictures follow. He says the seats can add up to 3" of additional head room clearance for tall drivers or can be shimmed to higher heights for those of us more vertically challenged. They are adjustable front to rear but not up and down (except through shimming during installation). Call Tony for a price but are about the most beautiful seats I've seen. You can even pick stitching color.

IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 02-15-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Enthusiast
    Those are pretty sweet, good find!

Enthusiast
    Weight same as stock?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Weight same as stock?
    Tony tells me that stock seats are 70 pounds each for a total of 140 pounds. His seats are 45 pounds for a total of 90 pounds, a savings of 50 pounds! Seats include an emulator for the air bag sensors so the air bags remain happy.

Enthusiast
    That looks nice, do you still have the slits in the seat bottom for the harness?

Those look like a braum frame that's wrapped in some beautiful upholstery work. If they are braum frame (or similar), I would advise staying away from these for a viper.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    Those look like a braum frame that's wrapped in some beautiful upholstery work. If they are braum frame (or similar), I would advise staying away from these for a viper.
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Why's that?
    Simply put: it's a cheap frame. They're very popular in lower end Japanese sports cars.

Enthusiast
    Ok, Tony says they started as Braun frames but he had to have the seat riser custom made to fit in the Viper. He states that "they have been tested by government authorities" and passed. He says there was one negative comment on Facebook about Braun seats and of course what is said on Facebook must be true. He is positive the seats are completely safe or he would not sell them.

Second, re the pass through, he says yes there is a pass through which is larger than the OEM seat pass through.

Look, anyone can make up their own mind whether to buy these seats or not. I have found Tony to be a stand up guy, just ask most anyone that has had work done by him. I do not get a commission or any kind of credit for posting about these seats. They just struck me as beautiful and something that some folks (particularly tall folks) might be interested in.
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 02-15-2023 at 02:01 PM.

They are indeed beautiful and I don't know Tony or his work, but I do believe his upholstery work is nothing short of amazing. I just would want someone telling me if I'm buying a re-wrapped $3-500 seat for my $100K+ viper.

Enthusiast
    They are indeed beautiful and I don't know Tony or his work, but I do believe his upholstery work is nothing short of amazing. I just would want someone telling me if I'm buying a re-wrapped $3-500 seat for my $100K+ viper.
    I don't know how much the seats are, you'd have to call Tony. He has stated though that the seats start out as Braun but he has to have the riser custom made to fit in a Gen 5. He also had to develop an emulator such that the air bags don't freak out. He hasn't hidden anything and is being completely upfront about the seats. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy them but I am retired and need to watch my expenses regardless of how much they are.

Enthusiast
    I have a set of these seats in my car and they are fantastic. I even had Tony put a sub belt hole in each seat for me and Doug Shelby made me a new sub belt bracket that bolts to the front of the seat. They are way more comfortable than the factory seat as well. However I have moved to a FIA rated driver seat because I do over 20 track days a year and wanted something that was FIA rated. That is not a reflection of these seats as I would have done it with the factory seats as well as those are not FIA rated either.

Enthusiast
    I'll sell you my Racetech RT4119WHR for $2,000.

Wow! Those look amazing!

Enthusiast
    Are these the same seats?
    https://corbeau.com/
    IMG_3501.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Are these the same seats?
    https://corbeau.com/
    IMG_3501.jpg
    I don't know. Tony says the back riser has to be custom made to fit in a Viper given how narrow the cabin is. The basic shape looks similar though.

Enthusiast
    [I've got those Corbeau seats in my car.

ATTACH=CONFIG]52972[/ATTACH]

809ACDC4-5529-4799-8C50-48D0A0FF5DEC_1_105_c.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Did you get the all leather option?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heysie View Post
    [I've got those Corbeau seats in my car.
    How did you get the custom upholstery? Did Corbeau do that for you? Any problems getting them to fit in the car? Are they adjustable front to rear and/or up and down?

Enthusiast
    These seats say they’re 27 lbs. each.

Enthusiast
    Custom done by Corbeau. All leather. Fitment is very tight in a Gen4.
    Sean are moveable, but not up and down.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heysie View Post
    Custom done by Corbeau. All leather. Fitment is very tight in a Gen4.
    Sean are moveable, but not up and down.
    I wonder if they would even fit in a Gen 5. Gen 5s tend to be tighter at least it seems that way.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Tony tells me that stock seats are 70 pounds each for a total of 140 pounds. His seats are 45 pounds for a total of 90 pounds, a savings of 50 pounds! Seats include an emulator for the air bag sensors so the air bags remain happy.
    The seats from my two 2013's and my 2016 ACR all weighed exactly 52 lbs with the bracket/frame