Tires street driving on Gen 4

Just got the car and some initial driving impressions. Wonderful car, love from the first drive but going to be too mild for me without major engine upgrades for heavy track use. Love it manners on the street and we will be taking it to the city tonight. Tires on the car are old even though they are in perfect condition, but their date codes are from 2015. Snake should get a new set of shoes. I was a bit surprise to see Micheline Pilot Sports on rear and Super Sports on front. Since its going to be mostly street car not looking for something extreme such as Toyo 888s or Housers. Michlen Pilot Super sports or Conti Extrem? Maby Pilot Cups 2? Maybe Mix and match?
    Would like to have some wet handling since we do get some occasional rains out of blue, but not crazy critical. Ability to do well on the road trip.
    Sizes - I have factory Gen 4 H wheels
    Any thoughts

Pilot 4s in 355 rears and 30/295 fronts were ordered. Hope it gives me enough of preformance while keeping good street manners

4S is a good choice for what you want

even tho 295-30-18 is a bit thin

just saw the price on the rear, wow it's crazy this year

Quote Originally Posted by LCatGA View Post
    Since its going to be mostly street car not looking for something extreme such as Toyo 888s or Housers. Michlen Pilot Super sports or Conti Extrem? Maby Pilot Cups 2? Maybe Mix and match?
    If you ever struggle to get enough traction, just order a pair of these:

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.j...0ACR&tab=Sizes

keep the 4S on front, don't tell anyone

but going to be too mild for me without major engine upgrades for heavy track use.
    If you want to wake up the beast a little, start with gears 3.73, 3.91 or even 4.10 like I did, and also on the gen 4 I think it's a good idea to add that:

https://tkomotorsports.com/product/2...-response-kit/

I have a gen 3 with the good old cable throttle so it's very direct (feels like an EV's instant response with 4.10 gears.... ) but Gen 4 suffers from a throttle lag that is, for some folks, unbearable!