Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware 2009 White Vert for sale

This car was listed on the Gen 3/4 FB Page several days ago but when I had it inspected prior to a possible purchase the seller removed the entire discussion since I offered to pass along the findings and pictures:

https://www.prestigeautomall.com/use...ee8f7bb047.htm

If you are considering this car message me and I will be happy to forward the info since the seller does not want the information to get out!

Enthusiast
    I'd suggest posting your findings here regardless of how the seller feels for the benefit of the larger community.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I'd suggest posting your findings here regardless of how the seller feels for the benefit of the larger community.
    I have so many pics and comments from the inspector it would take pages to post it all! But in summary, the car has not been taken care of for a long time. It was advertised as a collector car with no cosmetic issues but there are a lot of cosmetic issues such as yellowing and peeling PPF, scratches, scuffs, paint chips, (inside and out) original tires, filthy fluids, low coolant, rust on engine components, etc. and the fancy/expensive stereo does not work, lots of loose and missing screws in the trunk and cockpit, glass cracks, and much more.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    GOOSE CHASE #9? #10? all over North America............ 110 'help me' posts/threads since Oct.

Im sure you conpensated your 'inspectors' generously for their time and mileage . . . . this one certainly earned it.

P.T.Barnum would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    GOOSE CHASE #9? #10? all over North America............ 110 'help me' posts/threads since Oct.

Im sure you conpensated your 'inspectors' generously for their time and mileage . . . . this one certainly earned it.

And this bothers you because?! I am looking a Gen 4 Vert that I like so I am not sure why this is of your concern unless of course, you have a lead on one. And yes, everyone that looks at a car for me is offered compensation, which I am happy to provide, but that is not your business so move along unless you have something useful to contribute. Tire sale business must be slow.

If I were looking to buy a gen 4 I'd pick it up (i <3 white) ... good engine/suspension mods ... rest of the points are really who cares.

Flash rust on engine parts ... paint chips .. aged PPF ... old fluid/tires ... some missing interior screws (easy to misplace when you've got a car apart) .... what do you expect with a 16yr old viper?

I'd do a leakdown/compression to make sure the engine works and was done properly and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    If I were looking to buy a gen 4 I'd pick it up (i <3 white) ... good engine/suspension mods ... rest of the points are really who cares.

Flash rust on engine parts ... paint chips .. aged PPF ... old fluid/tires ... some missing interior screws (easy to misplace when you've got a car apart) .... what do you expect with a 16yr old viper?

I'd do a leakdown/compression to make sure the engine works and was done properly and call it a day.
    Then maybe YOU should buy it - it is not the right car for ME.

if i didn't have 18 cars already i probably would ... it's really speaking to me

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post

Im sure you compensated your 'inspectors' generously for their time and mileage . . . . this one certainly earned it.

Bro, I'm kind of inclined to agree with you. He wasted someone's time when he sent them to look at a Gen 3 in AZ, to decide nah, I still want a Gen 4.

He knew he was looking for a Gen 4 and still wasted someone's time to look at a Gen 3. ViperBobZ, *edit* that is inconsiderate as hell, regardless if you compensate them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperBobZ View Post
    original tires.
    Nitto Invo is definitely not OE.
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:10 AM.

Enthusiast
    And this bothers you because?! I am looking a Gen 4 Vert that I like so I am not sure why this is of your concern unless of course, you have a lead on one. And yes, everyone that looks at a car for me is offered compensation, which I am happy to provide, but that is not your business so move along unless you have something useful to contribute. Tire sale business must be slow.
    Thinking you are losing any potential help in the future with your snarky attitude. The welcome mat is being pulled out with each condescending post you make.

Enthusiast
    LOL

ViperBobZ, you should change your screenname to "MaybeAViper1Day"

I can't believe people are still going to look at cars for you.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    LOL

ViperBobZ, you should change your screenname to "MaybeAViper1Day"

I can't believe people are still going to look at cars for you.
    giphy.jpg

*edited* I have owned 6 Vipers in the past and if I want to get #7 that is up to me, and for what it is worth I have actually looked at more than what I have posted about here!

Later *edited*
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    I have owned 6 Vipers in the past and if I want to get #7 that is up to me, and for what it is worth I have actually looked at more than what I have posted about here!

Later ...

Well, no one is *edited*...nor criticizing people. Just *edited* some who send people on wild goose chases.
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Enthusiast
    I have owned 6 Vipers in the past and if I want to get #7 that is up to me, and for what it is worth I have actually looked at more than what I have posted about here!

Later...
    At this rate, there won't be a 7th Viper.

You have sent people to look at 4 or 5 Vipers and looked at even more that you didn't post here. All signs point to, no new Viper for you.
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Enthusiast
    Maybe a Vette would be a better option?

Maybe a Vette would be a better option?
    Ha! For one they do not have a stick and two, I have had them. Besides, I have a 718 Spyder now.

*edited*you are more concerned about having a high post count. I suppose you all bought the first Viper you saw? It took looking at several each time I bought one of the previous 6, but there were much more available in the past than now, and I have been very picky as far as the condition goes. I talked extensively to each of the sellers of every car I had someone look at for me to include gets pictures; however, I found out that none of them disclosed everything, which is why I did not buy any of them. I will say this: it does not happen in the Porsche world, which must be saying something about Viper owners.
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Enthusiast
    Ha! For one they do not have a stick and two, I have had them. Besides, I have a 718 Spyder now.

you are more concerned about having a high post count. I suppose you all bought the first Viper you saw? It took looking at several each time I bought one of the previous 6, but there were much more available in the past than now, and I have been very picky as far as the condition goes. I talked extensively to each of the sellers of every car I had someone look at for me to include gets pictures; however, I found out that none of them disclosed everything, which is why I did not buy any of them. I will say this: it does not happen in the Porsche world, which must be saying something about Viper owners.
    Ah now you're insulting Viper owners as a whole. You're a genius, Bob. Porsche makes a great car. Sounds like it better fits your needs and desires. Get lost.
    Last edited by City; 02-07-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Ah now you're insulting Viper owners as a whole. You're a genius, Bob. Porsche makes a great car. Sounds like it better fits your needs and desires. Get lost.
    I have a few Porsches over the years as well and it is up to me what I buy. You are really a piece of work and you get off my thread, which was meant to help others that might have considered the 2009 White Viper. If one does not have anything to contribute to why I posted this specific thread just go away.

Enthusiast
    I have a few Porsches over the years as well and it is up to me what I buy. You are really a piece of work and you get off my thread, which was meant to help others that might have considered the 2009 White Viper. If one does not have anything to contribute to why I posted this specific thread just go away.
    Sounds like you have a good history with them, and should continue that way! I'm sure there are loads of Porsche guys that would happily travel to look at cars for you.

It is up to you what you buy- duh. You felt like you were warning people about this white car to not waste their time, right? Well, I'm warning all the people who read this don't waste their time or go out of their way to look at cars for you. So far, you've wasted more people's times than 1 car could.

Enthusiast
    I'm surprised that a dealer wouldn't address issues prior to putting an expensive car up for sale. Most dealers can fix paint chips and get PPF changed. They should also have fixed the radio. I'd bet they would address the concerns if someone said "I'll buy the car if you fix x,y, and z." If not the dealer shouldn't be in business.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    I'm surprised that a dealer wouldn't address issues prior to putting an expensive car up for sale. Most dealers can fix paint chips and get PPF changed. They should also have fixed the radio. I'd bet they would address the concerns if someone said "I'll buy the car if you fix x,y, and z." If not the dealer shouldn't be in business.
    Agreed.

The funny thing is, radios aren't a super high tech feature... I can't imagine it would take much to get it working haha

Here is a little personal experience.

Awhile back I talked with Bob regarding my 2008 Vert with a rebuilt/salvage title and disclosed everything I know about the car. I actually love the car and wasn't thinking of selling. I just don't fit well in Gen 3 or 4's (big shoulders). It only has a little over 2K miles and looks and runs really nice, as you would expect of a low mile car. It does have a few small rock chips (maybe 3-4) not much bigger than a pencil tip. Also has 2 scratches on the rear facia, and an easy fix (from damn garage door). there are no dings anywhere. Otherwise the paint is spectacular. Has brand new Hyper Satin Rattlers with new kuhmo tires. I sent Bob tons of pics, and a few driving videos, as well as 1 private day track video at Big Willow Springs (car ran awesome and flawlessly best of 1:34, not too bad for a stock Vert). I wanted to make sure car would handle well at high speeds, and it did!

I spent a few hours dealing with Bob, both on the phone and online. I must say he was very much a gentleman, knowledgeable about Vipers, asked the right questions. I'm very meticulous when buying cars and have done my share of looking and not buying. It's understandable when someone else is also meticulous. Having bought and sold well over 100 different cars over the years, I expect to get a lot of lookie-loos, wannabees, and time wasters when selling. It's par for the course when you are personally involved in the selling. It does suck though, as time is $$.

Bob chose to pass on my car and I have no problem with that, in all our conversations he was very cordial and appreciative of my time. He maybe looking for that Unicorn? It's probably out there, it will just take time to find it and the right "Coin" to acquire it. It's not always feasible, but I find it's best to look at the car myself, as another Man's opinion is like (well you know the rest).

Lumping Porsche, Viper, Vette or any other specific group in one lump sum isn't a good look or suggestion though.

"Samurai Keyboard Warrior Out"

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Here is a little personal experience.

Awhile back I talked with Bob regarding my 2008 Vert with a rebuilt/salvage title and disclosed everything I know about the car. I actually love the car and wasn't thinking of selling. I just don't fit well in Gen 3 or 4's (big shoulders). It only has a little over 2K miles and looks and runs really nice, as you would expect of a low mile car. It does have a few small rock chips (maybe 3-4) not much bigger than a pencil tip. Also has 2 scratches on the rear facia, and an easy fix (from damn garage door). there are no dings anywhere. Otherwise the paint is spectacular. Has brand new Hyper Satin Rattlers with new kuhmo tires. I sent Bob tons of pics, and a few driving videos, as well as 1 private day track video at Big Willow Springs (car ran awesome and flawlessly best of 1:34, not too bad for a stock Vert). I wanted to make sure car would handle well at high speeds, and it did!

I spent a few hours dealing with Bob, both on the phone and online. I must say he was very much a gentleman, knowledgeable about Vipers, asked the right questions. I'm very meticulous when buying cars and have done my share of looking and not buying. It's understandable when someone else is also meticulous. Having bought and sold well over 100 different cars over the years, I expect to get a lot of lookie-loos, wannabees, and time wasters when selling. It's par for the course when you are personally involved in the selling. It does suck though, as time is $$.

Bob chose to pass on my car and I have no problem with that, in all our conversations he was very cordial and appreciative of my time. He maybe looking for that Unicorn? It's probably out there, it will just take time to find it and the right "Coin" to acquire it. It's not always feasible, but I find it's best to look at the car myself, as another Man's opinion is like (well you know the rest).

Lumping Porsche, Viper, Vette or any other specific group in one lump sum isn't a good look or suggestion though.

"Samurai Keyboard Warrior Out"
    I think there are right ways, and wrongs ways to buy a car/shop for a car/sell a car. Bob doesn't do it right. haha

Did you send multiple people to check out your VCC when you bought it out of Australia? Did I send anyone to your house when I bought mine from you?

I'm probably more numb to it than most. I buy 100 cars a month sight unseen. I get what I paid for 90% of the time, and guess wrong on 10%. It is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast