Enthusiast

Tech Team Questions access on forum

I was trying to access the tech team question/answer section on the forum and got the message that my account does not have rights to access the forum. I renewed my basic membership back in December of 2022. Does that membership level not have access to that area of the forum?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by icetraxx View Post
    I was trying to access the tech team question/answer section on the forum and got the message that my account does not have rights to access the forum. I renewed my basic membership back in December of 2022. Does that membership level not have access to that area of the forum?
    That section hasn't had any activity in about 5 years. You aren't missing anything. Any questions you have can certainly be answered by our experienced members here.

Enthusiast
    Any paid membership should allow you access to that area.

You likely need to do something to sync your forum account with your membership. It still shows you as an Enthusiast, and that would be enough to prevent you from doing what you are trying to do.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    That section hasn't had any activity in about 5 years. You aren't missing anything. Any questions you have can certainly be answered by our experienced members here.
    Yes, but I hate asking repeated questions and undoubtedly I would get someone responding did you do a search. I just like reading over questions and fixes that way if a problem ever presented itself, I could have an already have an idea of what it was. Or if its possible to have a similar problem to proactively fix a potential problem.

Steve M. I'll send a note ro a mod and ask what I would possibly need to do on my side.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by icetraxx View Post
    Yes, but I hate asking repeated questions and undoubtedly I would get someone responding did you do a search. I just like reading over questions and fixes that way if a problem ever presented itself, I could have an already have an idea of what it was. Or if its possible to have a similar problem to proactively fix a potential problem.
    IMO (mostly due to the stale content as already stated above), that section leaves a bit to be desired. The low number of views on most topics also suggests that it didn't have the impact the VOA intended. There are certainly answers to some things, but some are very generation specific, and others are of very little use except to maybe a handful of owners. It is a member benefit that seems to have had little to no follow-through.