Enthusiast

Viper Specialty great to do business with FYI

I been kind of talking to a bit of everyone about doing an exhaust this year (back and forth on cost savings and hp upgrade) and whether or not to do the head gaskets on my 94, and Dan Lesser over at Viper Specialty did a great job at explaining why you cant trust them 30 year old factory gaskets for too long. And did a good job explaining what the ole gen 1 can handle. So i pulled the trigger on his gasket kit and full belanger exhaust with his upgraded bolts and gaskets. Yes probably the most pricey route but screw it.. i just decided if im going to do it why not do headers and all.... I have to say Dan at VS is quick to answer emails and explain things and offer his knowledge. I also can say the same about Chuck Tator and Dan Cragin who also talked to me at length with their knowledge and helping me to try to make a full decision on what to do, all good people we have in the viper community with a wealth of knowledge! I really appreciate them all! Dan made me a pretty good deal on the whole setup and I have a fellow VOA member and President of the OK VOA Chapter who offered to let me drive the car over to OKC and get to use their mechanic at their garage to have the upgrade done at a reasonable price. I thought of just tackling the job myself but to be honest it seems a bit overwhelming for me on this car and i have another project on the lift already... I cant say enough good things for this community and all the VOA Presidents and Members.

So just an overall Thank you and shout out to these great people we have! And to Viper Specialty and Tators, highly recommend using those guys for your needs!

So i thought about where i go from here on the ole gen 1, and i feel like at some point ill be doing the roller rocker upgrade/gen 2 injectors and sending the pcm off to dan cragin for tuning possibly in the near future. But either way super satisfied and cant wait to get my car upgraded with those MLS gaskets and belanger system. I cant wait to hear it and feel the difference!

Tech Team

Thanks Larry!

I have talked to Dan about cars and life many times. Great guy to do business with and a good friend! One of the best in the biz.

Enthusiast
    Good experience from me too.

Enthusiast
    Just a follow up! Mechanic pulled the top end off and believe it or not the stock head gaskets were still perfect shape to my surprise! They did their job all these years and 33k miles of driving, they may of lasted a long time longer or maybe not but we got the new MLS gaskets going on and they look really nice. The Headers and exhaust also look great, cant wait to get it all going this week. Ready for summer cruising!

Enthusiast
    I've dealt with them once & I agree 100%

Enthusiast
    Final Update, the belanger headers and catless exhaust sound amazing id say this definitely added about 50hp as advertised, everytime i would normally be doing about 70-80mph im now doing 100-110 its made the car a lot more squirrely when launching as well the torque curve and hp curve change dramatically with these headers. and the sound after about 2500 rpm is amazing.. and its very loud.. neighbor can hear me getting on the highway a mile away.. lol

Enthusiast
    Passion got Dan into the business and nice to see after all the years he is still helping Viper owners better their machines. Good work young man, and as many have found out with Viper Specialty over the years, Lesser is almost always more!!