Hybrid View

Fuel Filter 2001 ACR Trick

Not sure if it's a trick or not but I was servicing my new to me ACR and thought I would attack the fuel filter while we have lovely weather (WI). I kept the 3/8" bolt attached to the frame and removed the rear wheel well liner clips. I did not remove the rivets or the liner itself. I first released the pressure at the fuel rail on the passenger side under the hood. Then I used my flared bleeder wrench (spanner), since a just bleed some fresh fluid to the brakes, to leverage pressure between the outlet hose plastic quick connect and the outlet side of the fuel filter. I grabbed the outlet hose and pushed the hose into the still mounted fuel filter (outlet side) while applying leverage (upwards) against the fuel filter which pushes the black plastic insert, quick connect, down and releases the connection or the quick connect (See Picture). The fuel filter needs to remain mounted while doing this.
    With the loose wheel well liner, I reached my hand up and grabbed the inlet hose with my hand, squeezed the plastic insert with thumb and index finger and pushed the inlet hose down into the fuel filter while squeezing and pulling the insert up. Mine released easily by hand with a fair amount force. Be careful on this side because we all have researched what happens if that line breaks.
    I was fortunate that I did not need and penetrants since my car was exceptionally clean. The hardest part was inserting the inlet side which needed quite a bit force. My bolt was 3/8". I watched some videos that said 9mm, however mine was not. I tried the disconnect tool, but did not have success. It was seconds with the wrench on the outlet side and couple minutes on the inlet side with hand pressure. More power to you if you can use the disconnect tool! Take it for what it's worth. Apologies in advance for the typos, grammar , brevity, etc.Fuel filter.jpg

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    There is nothing unique about the fuel filter on a Viper Gen 2 ACR. Just like 99.999999% of all the parts on an ACR. They are identical to all Gen 2s.

Agreed. Just clarifying when someone asks! Just a different approach vs quick disconnect tools.

Quote Originally Posted by SGViper View Post
    Agreed. Just clarifying when someone asks! Just a different approach vs quick disconnect tools.
    Use your fingers, chick dig that.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    good Tip ..... That's what SHE said !