Spokane Member to see 2009 Viper Vert ?

It will be in Spokane soon (coming from Alberta), so if there is someone that can take a look at it for me I would appreciate it. It is a Red with White stripes Vert with about 7k miles and the seller says it looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. It needs tires and a battery but I just need a look for scratches, scrapes, etc., not a full PPI. And I will be happy to pay for gas, a meal, and whatever costs one might have if they help.

I have been looking for a Gen 4 (or nice Gen 3 if I cannot find one) and I recently had 2 looked at, a Red 2010 with 4700 miles on it and a Silver/Black 2010 with 5700 miles, and both of them had a lot of scrapes, scratches inside and out so I passed on both. When I asked the sellers in advance they both said they were like new and did not disclose the defects since if they had I would not have wasted anyone's time. I also had a Blue/White 2008 looked at where the seller said he could not see any scratches, etc. but when it was looked at they were everywhere - he either lied or never looked at it!

I know there are some that enjoy doing this, just as I do - I recently drove over an hour each way, bad back and all, to check out a Porsche for someone as well as for a Harley that was even further since I believe if I am going to ask I need to help if asked as well!

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

Enthusiast
    Just hire a company to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Just hire a company to do it.
    Did you read my post? Many people help each other by taking a quick look and I have done the same many times as well...just one thing that people in car and bike forums do for each other. However, if someone wanted me to pay them to take a quick look I would consider it; however, I am not looking for a full PPI - that is usually the next step if someone is serious, especially on a high-dollar car but not a sub-$100k car.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperBobZ View Post
    Did you read my post? Many people help each other by taking a quick look and I have done the same many times as well...just one thing that people in car and bike forums do for each other. However, if someone wanted me to pay them to take a quick look I would consider it; however, I am not looking for a full PPI - that is usually the next step if someone is serious, especially on a high-dollar car but not a sub-$100k car.
    I did read your post.

In fact, I've read several of your posts.

Like yourself, I have gladly went and checked out multiple cars for people over the years. In the long run, it puts the person willing to go look at it in a pickle. The last thing anyone wants is to sign off an ok...and then the new owner find something that went unnoticed in the inspection. It's not worth it.

For a few hundred dollars you can have a company go look at it, provide you with a detailed inspection and give you piece of mind while also guaranteeing the condition.

I did read your post.

In fact, I've read several of your posts.

Like yourself, I have gladly went and checked out multiple cars for people over the years. In the long run, it puts the person willing to go look at it in a pickle. The last thing anyone wants is to sign off an ok...and then the new owner find something that went unnoticed in the inspection. It's not worth it.

For a few hundred dollars you can have a company go look at it, provide you with a detailed inspection and give you piece of mind while also guaranteeing the condition.
    I never ask for an "ok" nor do I give one if I see something for someone. I only want the facts (pics) and it is up to me to decide. If it is an expensive car though I would have a dealer check it out or have a pro PPI done, but for a sub-$100k car a look over by someone is all I need, along with talking to the owner.

Enthusiast
    I never ask for an "ok" nor do I give one if I see something for someone. I only want the facts (pics) and it is up to me to decide. If it is an expensive car though I would have a dealer check it out or have a pro PPI done, but for a sub-$100k car a look over by someone is all I need, along with talking to the owner.

Since you're not looking for the ok, and you just want the pictures....why not just ask the current owner to send you whatever pictures you're after? Seems like an easy solution.

Since you're not looking for the ok, and you just want the pictures....why not just ask the current owner to send you whatever pictures you're after? Seems like an easy solution.
    I have already done that but I still want someone to see it. I recently had a dealer send me pics of the blems he saw but when my friend saw it for me he came back with about 10 more things that the salesman did not see (or tell me about).

Enthusiast
    I have already done that but I still want someone to see it. I recently had a dealer send me pics of the blems he saw but when my friend saw it for me he came back with about 10 more things that the salesman did not see (or tell me about).
    If you can't trust whomever you're buying from...you shouldn't be buying it.

If you can't trust whomever you're buying from...you shouldn't be buying it.
    I done a lot of this over the years and I always try to get someone to look at what I buy.

Enthusiast
    I done a lot of this over the years and I always try to get someone to look at what I buy.
    Out of curiousity...what's the ratio of how many cars you've had people inspect for you to the number of vehicles you've purchased in this way?

Out of curiousity...what's the ratio of how many cars you've had people inspect for you to the number of vehicles you've purchased in this way?
    Never mind, this is going nowhere, but I appreciate your advice.

Enthusiast
    Never mind, this is going nowhere, but I appreciate your advice.
    First thing you've said that I agree with.

First thing you've said that I agree with.
    I posted asking for someone to look at a car for me...I did not think I needed your approval. If you could not help I really do not see why you posted to begin with.

Enthusiast
    I posted asking for someone to look at a car for me...I did not think I needed your approval. If you could not help I really do not see why you posted to begin with.
    You've posted 83 times in two months.
    You've asked for people to look at cars for you...and not bought anything.
    You've asked for advice for parts...for a car you don't own.

I really don't see why you posted to begin with.

Process of buying a car:

1.) Decide what you want.
    2.) Decide what you're willing to spend.
    3.) Find said car that fits above guidelines.
    4.) Spend $300-500 for a PPI.
    5.) Buy vehicle.
    6.) Ship vehicle.
    7.) Modify vehicle.
    8.) Enjoy vehicle.

All other steps are not bringing you closer to an end goal. Also note, I'm the only one that has replied to your search for a good Samaritan. Sometimes realizing the advice someone is giving you, is the best help you can possibly get.

You've posted 83 times in two months.
    You've asked for people to look at cars for you...and not bought anything.
    You've asked for advice for parts...for a car you don't own.

I really don't see why you posted to begin with.

Process of buying a car:

1.) Decide what you want.
    2.) Decide what you're willing to spend.
    3.) Find said car that fits above guidelines.
    4.) Spend $300-500 for a PPI.
    5.) Buy vehicle.
    6.) Ship vehicle.
    7.) Modify vehicle.
    8.) Enjoy vehicle.

All other steps are not bringing you closer to an end goal. Also note, I'm the only one that has replied to your search for a good Samaritan. Sometimes realizing the advice someone is giving you, is the best help you can possibly get.
    I have had several people contact me offering to help, and I have had 3 different people look at cars for me already. I have had over 50 vehicles, not including motorcycles, so I know what the process of buying (and selling). The last custom Harley and Porsche I bought were easy buys since the owners were honest and the people who looked at them for me confirmed their conditions. But it seems I am not finding the same to be true with Vipers - no one thus far has represented their car correctly...I am glad I did not buy one of those or waste money on a PPI, which I have done on a few expensive vehicles. Up until now, I have not had a problem finding what I was looking for, and no one has questioned me for asking for help, until now.

I welcome advice from anyone but not when someone starts playing games such as calling me out for asking for help, counting my posts, etc. - don't you have anything better to do?! Regardless, if someone wants to help me send me a message, and if you don't want to help please do not lecture me - I am a big boy and my process has worked for 40+ years so I am not changing now because one person does not agree.

Enthusiast
    I have had several people contact me offering to help, and I have had 3 different people look at cars for me already. I have had over 50 vehicles, not including motorcycles, so I know what the process of buying (and selling). The last custom Harley and Porsche I bought were easy buys since the owners were honest and the people who looked at them for me confirmed their conditions. But it seems I am not finding the same to be true with Vipers - no one thus far has represented their car correctly...I am glad I did not buy one of those or waste money on a PPI, which I have done on a few expensive vehicles. Up until now, I have not had a problem finding what I was looking for, and no one has questioned me for asking for help, until now.

I welcome advice from anyone but not when someone starts playing games such as calling me out for asking for help, counting my posts, etc. - don't you have anything better to do?! Regardless, if someone wants to help me send me a message, and if you don't want to help please do not lecture me - I am a big boy and my process has worked for 40+ years so I am not changing now because one person does not agree.
    LOL

Alright captain.

I would like to know more on the 2010 converts you saw Bob?
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    I would like to know more on the 2010 converts you saw Bob?
    I have seen, or had seen, a Silver/Black 2010 with 5700 miles, a Green/Graphite 2008 with 14k miles, a Red 2010 with 4700 miles, a White/Red 2009 with less than 2k miles, a Red/White 2009 with 7k miles, and a Red 2010 with 7k miles. If you want info on a specific model I can provide info on it, just so this thread stays on topic.