Thread: Viper Insurance

Enthusiast

Viper Insurance

What company do you insure your Viper with? I'm currently with State Farm but feel there are better options.

Ncm, nation corvette museum insurance

Enthusiast
    Sate Farm has treated me very well. Was going to go with Hagerty, but State Farm gave me the same agreed upon value (70K) and automatic storage from November - April for an even lower price...just under $600 annually.
    But, I have a Gen3, so it is treated more like a classic/collector car. I believe I am limited to 3K miles per year, which is much more than I would ever drive it.
    Last edited by jpmst3; 12-17-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Have USAA great insurance

Enthusiast
    Hagerty. Price seems fair and agreed value.

Enthusiast
    Progressive insurance has been awesome for our cars and home.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    Ncm, nation corvette museum insurance
    THIS!!!! they are the best. Been with them for like 20 years...!!

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Progressive insurance has been awesome for our cars and home.
    I am looking for a Gen 4 Vert but I got a real good quote on a Gen 3 I am considering from Progressive. I also had an agreed upon value policy with Grundy years ago, which handled my claim (see avatar) quickly and with no problems.

Enthusiast
    Grundy here with an agreed value.

Enthusiast
    State Farm is very good at agreed value , as is American Family. If you have all your other vehicles with State Farm, along with your house , I would just stay there as likely you are getting other discounts. I had Hagerty on my race car ( they are great for that type of coverage ), but I am paying less on my Viper with American Family on a similar policy. Check with your Agent and have him/her quote you a rate for stated value.

Interesting how many seem to gauge how good their insurance is based on the cost.

I would think that it’s more important to know how their company works in case there is a claim. Get the cheapest insurance…..you may pay the price 10 fold when shit hits the fan

Personally, I have dealt with Hagerty in my business and they have been outstanding to work with and never any hassle paying for claims. That’s a real value.

Enthusiast
    No argument, Matt, with Hagerty, but so far most of the Companies listed are high quality and there are advantages if the OP has a bundled package. I would imagine State Farm will be in the same ballpark as Hagerty and maybe even a little higher, but if he has other items with them he should be in a great position for any claim --- State Farm has a very strong record for paying well for their clients. I do agree Hagerty is a quality company too, but it does not hurt to check around.

Enthusiast
    I have a bundled service from Progressive and it was better price and coverage than I found at other insurances.
    I’ve never even thought about switching because anytime we’ve had a claim, they’ve exceeded our expectations.

Enthusiast
    We do all need to keep in mind if we want coverage or we want a " Stated Value " policy, because there is a big difference between the two.......both in cost and real coverage in the even of a claim. State Farm, American Family and some others do this type of policy ( frankly because they saw the need to compete with Hagerty , Grundy, etc. ) but there are many quality companies that do not offer, so please make sure to comment on whether you are doing a conventional policy or a " Stated Value ." This type of policy is very important now, imho, since the value of Vipers has gone up so much.

Enthusiast
    Looks like Progressive uses Hagerty for stated value.

https://www.progressive.com/answers/...insurance-101/

Enthusiast
    My '02 RT/10 with 20,000 miles is insured by Hagerty with a guaranteed value of $60,000.

I switched from Allstate to Hagerty a few years ago. saved me money and Allstate wasn't giving me any guaranteed replacement value. My Allstate agent is the one who actually told me that we needed to move it out of Allstate because if something happened I would not get what the car was worth. Talk about an honest insurance agent...willing to take the hit on her commission to make sure i had the best insurance policy for my viper. This is why i've continued to do business with her for the last 13 years.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite24 View Post
    Hagerty. Price seems fair and agreed value.
    ^^^^^

Enthusiast
    Hagerty. Especially if you have more then 1 viper

Enthusiast
    State Farm getting ready to stick it to their I/T staff, FYI.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/co...it_operations/

Enthusiast
    My Farmers agent got me a pretty good rate. So i married her

Enthusiast
    safeco collector car insurance, its 300 dollars per year, I am 35, Texas (which is usually pricey), and they have speeding ticket forgiveness, 1 per year wont effect the policy as long as no incidents! they also refund me 8 bucks per quarter for no incidents.. its on a 94 viper agreed upon value of 44k