Springfield IL area

If so please get in touch - thanks!

Or does someone know this car?

2010.jpg

The car is in Mattoon IL if someone can help me out by taking a quick look at it.

Enthusiast
    I would contact John Gastman at Roanoke Motors in Roanoke , Illinois as it is highly likely is Dealership knows the car , has worked on it and may have sold it. He would probably know if it is a straight machine and it could be checked out at Roanoke Motors --- they are very well acquainted with Vipers, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    I would contact John Gastman at Roanoke Motors in Roanoke , Illinois as it is highly likely is Dealership knows the car , has worked on it and may have sold it. He would probably know if it is a straight machine and it could be checked out at Roanoke Motors --- they are very well acquainted with Vipers, ha!
    He does not know it - he has a Green 2008 though that he wants to sell me.

Enthusiast
    John may have been a competitor when I was in the business, but we are friends and he is a straight shooter so depending on your funds it may be something to consider. Color is huge on Viper values, and the Snakeskin green is one of the mostly highly sought after colors. Either way, John would also be happy to check over the car if you can get it over there for the shop to look at.

Good luck.

John may have been a competitor when I was in the business, but we are friends and he is a straight shooter so depending on your funds it may be something to consider. Color is huge on Viper values, and the Snakeskin green is one of the mostly highly sought after colors. Either way, John would also be happy to check over the car if you can get it over there for the shop to look at.

Good luck.
    Thanks Bill. In regards to the colors, how about White with Red Stripes and Silver with Black stripes? I sold you a Blue with White stripes '97 RT10 years ago - wish I could find that color in a Gen 4!

Enthusiast
    Keep in mind that all Vipers are standing tall right now, but like any classic/exotic/collectible color is another factor in value. The green would be worth more in the long run, but you may pay more initially, and there is also the simple fact that the most important thing is getting something you like. Heck, I know silver is not always the best color for resale, but I have both a Grand Cherokee, Ram W1500 CrewCab Laramie, and a 21 Mach 1 and all are ..................ummm..................er........ ..........silver,ha! The last car I sold to get the Mach 1 was ..................white. I tend to get what I like as opposed to resale in most cases , but I always throw it out in case it is of concern to buyers.

Easy to give advice when retired and no longer selling , hehe!

Keep in mind that all Vipers are standing tall right now, but like any classic/exotic/collectible color is another factor in value. The green would be worth more in the long run, but you may pay more initially, and there is also the simple fact that the most important thing is getting something you like. Heck, I know silver is not always the best color for resale, but I have both a Grand Cherokee, Ram W1500 CrewCab Laramie, and a 21 Mach 1 and all are ..................ummm..................er........ ..........silver,ha! The last car I sold to get the Mach 1 was ..................white. I tend to get what I like as opposed to resale in most cases , but I always throw it out in case it is of concern to buyers.

Easy to give advice when retired and no longer selling , hehe!
    I hear you Bill, and that is why I am leaning against Red this time. I have had a few of that color but now I have a Yellow 718 Spyder and love it - I wish I could find a Yellow with Black stripes Gen 4 Viper to go along with it! I am not a big Green fan so no matter how popular the color is I am not sure I can live with it, especially with Graphite stripes and Red calipers!

Enthusiast
    718 Spyder, that is a fun ride, I prefer the 718s ( Boxster, Cayman, Spyder, GT4 ) over the 911 variations and I imagine many think I am nuts , but they are just so much more tossable -- well , except a GT3 , ha.

I had a 2019 Targa GTS - felt too big for me so after a buddy let me drive his Spyder I was hooked, especially with the 6 speed!
    Spyder 2.jpgSpyder 1.jpg