2001 ACR ignition switch

I started my viper up the other day and noticed that the lights in the message center did not go off. I also noticed that the blinkers did not work but everything else does. I am leaning towards the ignition switch and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I have had to change out several ignition switches due to weird issues. It's cheap and easy. Start there
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Thanks for the info, is that something a dealer would be able to get for me or is there a better source.

Enthusiast
    Yes, your local CJDR dealer SHOULD be able to order a new ignition switch for your Viper. If they can't find it in the "normal" computer inventory, ask them to check in "vintage parts".

The OEM Mopar part number was 56021346

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I called the dealer and the part is now 275.00 and they won't be able to get it for at least a week. I found a OEM switch on viper parts depot for 159.00 so I went with that and it will be here sooner.

Enthusiast
    Sounds good...I hope that solves your issues. Please post followup.

Problem solved. Pretty easy fix too.

Enthusiast
    Good to hear...thanks for followup.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    FYI the ignition switch is not unique on an ACR. As are 99.999999% of ACR parts. Once you realize that you'll find parts more readily available.

The ignition switch was made by SMP as an OEM supplier to Dodge. Many SMP parts have the Mopar p/n molded in. It is about $51 new. SMP was bought by WVE and their version is about $41 new.