Enthusiast

Fall Viper Quarterly arrived

As the title says, we got ours today.

Enthusiast
    Is this the 2nd, or 3rd issue of the year?

Enthusiast
    My guess is third...but, I have not been counting closely.

This issue has a very helpful article by Mike Kuchavik, Jr. (Havik Performance in Bath, PA) on DIY window regulator replacement. There is also a detailed article on the latest Ralph Giles personal custom build. It will certainly fool more than a few folks at the stoplight.
    Last edited by Steve-Indy; 11-14-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Enthusiast
    I just noticed the second, summer edition, is now available electronically. But no email or forum announcement that I can recall. So is the plan regular members are to be one edition behind?

Enthusiast
    Mike ( Havik Performance ) jumped in to help quite a few folks at the Viper Showdown in Indianapolis last month. Sharp young man and he knows his stuff, and like Eddie Martin, the Stouts, and others who work on Vipers, everyone there did double duty to help the drivers who were having issues. Just wanted to give Mike Jr. , along with others , a shout out, as it was so reminiscent of the glory years of Viper Days.

....and yes, I got my Magazine also, interesting read!

Enthusiast
    Mike ( Havik Performance ) has always been Top Tier in his dealings .

Does anyone else have an issue in reading the digital copy ???

Enthusiast
    Well said Bill and J TNT...the spirit of racers sharing parts and resources with each other reminded me of the IMSA days in the mid 1970's...prior to the influx of the big money circuses. Of course at green flag time, the game was on...which to quote a friend's rear window sticker: "At 200 mph you have no friends".

Hats off to Tom Sessions who worked on several cars at Indy...and, who kindly introduced me to folks I had spoken with but had never met in person.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    Mike ( Havik Performance ) has always been Top Tier in his dealings .

Does anyone else have an issue in reading the digital copy ???
    I have tried on my iPad and it is frustrating at best. Text appears and disappears. No way to view full screen either. What a waste. Two months after other members get their hardcopy we get an inferior electronic version that we can't print out and can't read on line. Go figure.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    I have tried on my iPad and it is frustrating at best. Text appears and disappears. No way to view full screen either. What a waste. Two months after other members get their hardcopy we get an inferior electronic version that we can't print out and can't read on line. Go figure.
    They probably want you and the others non mamba members to become frustrated enough so you will rejoin at the higher membership rate. Apparently, your basic membership rate is not subsidizing the magazine enough. Wouldn’t it be nice if Mike jr. would put the article on the forum maybe if we had a “Tech Section” that would be an awesome place to put an article that all Viper owners can use. But my guess is with the new website whenever it gets done will only allow members to access it. If so what a shame as there are a lot of enthusiasts with a whole lot of knowledge out there. Don’t know what the new website is going to be, other than Mike saying there is going to be new rules…

Enthusiast
    Where did you find it???

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    They probably want you and the others non mamba members to become frustrated enough so you will rejoin at the higher membership rate. Apparently, your basic membership rate is not subsidizing the magazine enough. Wouldn’t it be nice if Mike jr. would put the article on the forum maybe if we had a “Tech Section” that would be an awesome place to put an article that all Viper owners can use. But my guess is with the new website whenever it gets done will only allow members to access it. If so what a shame as there are a lot of enthusiasts with a whole lot of knowledge out there. Don’t know what the new website is going to be, other than Mike saying there is going to be new rules…
    ...if that's the case, it won't end well. lol

Enthusiast
    Sorry to have missed mentioning ole Mr. Sessions, as we go back a long time, and he is always there to help regardless of where he shows up. He was in charge of Tech back during Viper Days ( I actually suggested Skip Thomas hire him for the job ) and for many of us he just seems to be a fixture of almost any track event -----heck almost any Viper event he can get to.

Enthusiast
    I received my magazine.

2nd page.

"The new VOA website will be restructured to provided members with members-only content. The value of being a member should be rewarded with access to members-only areas and forums." - Mike Kuchavik

Interesting. I guess we'll see what that looks like sometime next year.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    I received my magazine.

2nd page.

"The new VOA website will be restructured to provided members with members-only content. The value of being a member should be rewarded with access to members-only areas and forums." - Mike Kuchavik

Interesting. I guess we'll see what that looks like sometime next year.
    I hope they only add content for members and not take anything away from the existing content. As "Viper' will always be a part of me if they restrict content then I'll be pretty much done. I'll have to revert back to my roots as a Senior in High School (1974) when I bought a used '69 Corvette Convertible, silver over black. For $3500 back then it was quite the car. Hoping they do the right thing to expand interest in the marque.