Enthusiast

Car cover cleaning

Got a silly question for everyone. The car cover for my GEN IV got some hydraulic Fluid on it from my 4 post earlier in the spring. I tried cleaning it with some simple green at that time but I dont think it helped much. Any suggestions on how to get it clean? Dont want to buy another cover but if I have to I will.

Hey Bob, bummer! Just throwin’ this out there: Dawn dish soap. They use on critters caught in oil slicks and it’s gentle on fabric. You will, probably, be left with a stain but the oil may be gone.

Best of luck.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper98 View Post
    Hey Bob, bummer! Just throwin’ this out there: Dawn dish soap. They use on critters caught in oil slicks and it’s gentle on fabric. You will, probably, be left with a stain but the oil may be gone.

Best of luck.
    This is an excellent idea actually! Ill try soaking it in Dawn and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion

You are welcome!

Plz, let us know how it turns out.

About the only thing I've found that helps get rid of stains after an item has already been washed is this. Smells bad at first, but washes out.

0007457622608-277371801.jpg

Enthusiast
    I have also used Engine Starting Fluid. Chuck Tator told me that he uses it for a lot of cleaning tasks. It dissolves greasy stains and evaporates quickly. I would try Dawn first though.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper98 View Post
    You are welcome!

Plz, let us know how it turns out.
    UPDATE!!!!!

A couple rounds in the utility sink soaking in some hot water and Dawn dish soap took care of it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Very Excellent!!!

Thanks for the update.

Glad it worked!

Enthusiast
    I just throw mine in the washing machine.