Look at Viper in Toronto

Hello to all my friends to the north! I am considering the purchase of a Viper in Toronto - can someone take a quick look at it just to see if it is in the condition they claim it is? Thanks in advance...Bob Z.

Hey Bob, I'm not close enough to just go pop in and look, but where are you looking at one?

I did go check out a black 2008 ACR at Platinum last fall, but they were overpriced and unwilling to negotiate at all so I wound up buying one out of the US instead.

It is a Red Gen 4 convertible in Toronto.

Enthusiast
    Where in TO?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFyre View Post
    Where in TO?
    The owner of the car owns the dealership at 5455 Steeles Ave W, North York, ON M9L 1S7, Canada, but he will not be back in town until next week. The Viper is at his house but the dealer's manager told me the car can be seen there or at the dealer but he will not know until next week. I am waiting to get an idea of where the owner lives.

Enthusiast
    Did you find someone? I'm not too far from there 30min away (Newmarket). My wifes family lives in that area and I will be near there on Saturday.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Gen 4s but I do know that area and its full of shady as f**k used car lots.

Assuming its this one
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...srt10/m1477628

I'd strongly suggest requesting a carFAX first.
    Last edited by Monopoly; 11-21-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
    Did you find someone? I'm not too far from there 30min away (Newmarket). My wifes family lives in that area and I will be near there on Saturday.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Gen 4s but I do know that area and its full of shady as f**k used car lots.
    Thanks, but I had the car looked at by another member and it was not as advertised...best to buy directly from an owner, if I can find one!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperBobZ View Post
    Thanks, but I had the car looked at by another member and it was not as advertised...best to buy directly from an owner, if I can find one!
    Awww i figured. When i looked up the Kijiji sellers "other vehicles" Autoking had over 50 for sale mostly junk work vans and other old crap nobody wanted except a 60s Mustang. Red flags were going off!

I just bought a Gen 2 last month private sale from Facebook marketplace. Great guy but didn't know much about the car. Cheapest one in the country it needs a bit of work but mechanically runs perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
    Awww i figured. When i looked up the Kijiji sellers "other vehicles" Autoking had over 50 for sale mostly junk work vans and other old crap nobody wanted except a 60s Mustang. Red flags were going off!

I just bought a Gen 2 last month private sale from Facebook marketplace. Great guy but didn't know much about the car. Cheapest one in the country it needs a bit of work but mechanically runs perfect.
    The Viper was actually owned by the owner of the dealership and at his house so it was not a lot car, but maybe it should be!

Enthusiast
    The Viper was actually owned by the owner of the dealership and at his house so it was not a lot car, but maybe it should be!
    Ouch. Well it was for the best. I'm sure more will come up!

Enthusiast
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...srt10/m5192827

That is not the car since the mileage is too high.

Enthusiast
    That is not the car since the mileage is too high.
    Yeah I know. Basically the same car if you were interested.