Enthusiast

1996 GTS Pass Side Outer Door Stanchion Cover With Seal

1996 GTS Coupe passenger side, outer door stanchion cover with seal. Excellent condition.

Just to state the obvious: there is just one stanchion, the passenger side. I do not have a pair. I also don't have the driver's side. I also don't have two. Just one. (sigh)
    Yes, I too am amazed I have to actually type this but I had someone agree to buy it but then pulled out of the deal a week later after actually reading the listing and finding out I wasn't selling a pair of mint original stanchions for a bargain price. (double sigh)

And I posted a new photo so you can see the glossy original finish without my greasy fingerprints on it. :-)

This was the original assembly line part that was replaced under warranty, by the dealer when the car was delivered new to me in the Fall of 1996. Back then, the parts manager and I had an understanding: he would let me keep all the warranty-replaced parts until they got a call from Dodge to return them. (Which they never did) BTW, This was Tom Edwards Dodge in Bartow Florida. I also bought my 93 from them, which I still have.

Anyway, when the car arrived I noticed that the inner section of the weatherstrip was not connected to the rest of the seal, so they ordered a new one and handed me the old one. That was in September, 1996. The rubber portions of the seal are perfect. See close ups. Other than needing the short, inner section reglued to the rest of the seal, it is perfect. It has been stored in a box in my heated basement for the past 26 years.

$175 OBO for the stanchion. Plus shipping from NJ.

Thanks, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by njsteve; 01-13-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Enthusiast
    more detail photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

What other Viper parts you have for sale? Post them up.

Enthusiast
    Sorry, no other parts for sale til this one goes.

Enthusiast
    Price drop to $175 plus shipping.
    Last edited by njsteve; 01-13-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Enthusiast
    SOLD