Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C8 ZO6

C8 ZO6

Not Viper related.

So I have had myself talked into a new ZO6 Corvette. Not finding much info on line about the if and when Chevy will start shipping them. I stopped by my local Chevy Dealership to ask. I was told that I could be the 15th in line if I was ready to put down a deposit. I was then told that the dealership would be adding $50,000 to the MSRP.......

I then called Chevrolet to confirm this. I was told that 15th was a very low number and the best they have heard was more like 50th in line.

Well I am now looking at late model GT 3 Porsche 911's.

I understand that the car market new and used has gone crazy over the last few months. But it seems to have at least leveled off lately.

I guess what I am asking is. How is a guy suppose to buy American with these kind of premiums or dose it even matter at this point?

School me

i also heard that supply chain issues now and likely few will be made

Enthusiast
    My dad is selling his 18 GT3. Low miles. Nice car

Enthusiast
    Well…to add some fuel to the fire. While at a club event this weekend I ran into (not literally) a C8 Z06

107933FC-52E7-4DC5-9374-0ECC52A350E5.jpg

A7FD709F-8FC0-4D37-9763-141E9164FB35.jpg

9B087618-9420-4345-9E9E-CC277120F128.jpg

0143C095-1260-49D1-93B4-DDC3135DA7AA.jpg

A9763FB7-84D4-4271-954F-0F87123E15C8.jpg

Im not a Vette fan however its still neat to see something that technically isnt on the road yet.

Enthusiast
    M-Plate on that Z06, that's a press car for sure.

The Chevrolet dealers are being ridiculous with MSRP on these. One Texas dealer wanted to have people plop down a $6k NRD and then slap them with a $90,000 ADM. Chevy made them cave.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/intern...ned-90k-markup

--RS

Enthusiast
    According to the Corvette Forum, GM has announced they will initially produce a little less than 500 2023 cars - a couple of hundred for selected folks low on lists, and the rest for "VIPs". Then no more production until MY 2024. There are a number of GM-owned fleet cars on the road for real world testing, and eventually those cars are eligible for sale (i.e., not "crushers"). A lot of dealers have returned deposits, especially to those originally on lists for MSRP pricing. The lists at some of the bigger dealerships (advertising MSRP) are so long you could be 2-3-or more years out, if ever, and collectively the lists far exceed anticipated production of the C8Z. There are a lot of dealers at $100K over MSRP, and most at $30-50K over. Eventually we will see things stabilize somewhat when the reality of the economy hits home, folks get tired of waiting and just move on, the "flippers" don't see a quick profit with limited risk so they drop out, and/or folks on multiple lists either get a car or "pass" when offered the car at high ADM. It's the most screwed up introduction of what could be a pretty good product I have ever seen.

Production is gonna be less than what people thought at first due to supply chains and stuff, I'm still on a couple MSRP lists but I don't think it'll be my turn for another 3-5 years, at that point who knows I might want something else.

Enthusiast
    Well, I have been on the Z06 list for 4 years and I'm not getting a Z06 any time soon. Seems the only people getting them are you tubers and GM engineers. The rollout of what will be a fantastic car has turned into a dumpster fire. I sold my C8 expecting to order my Z06 in August. Not happening. So, I just bought a new C8 convertible and an 82 Collector Edition to ease my pain.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Well, I have been on the Z06 list for 4 years and I'm not getting a Z06 any time soon. Seems the only people getting them are you tubers and GM engineers. The rollout of what will be a fantastic car has turned into a dumpster fire. I sold my C8 expecting to order my Z06 in August. Not happening. So, I just bought a new C8 convertible and an 82 Collector Edition to ease my pain.
    Those 2 are fantastic cars and it would have cured any pain I would have had..

That ZO6 was at Pitt Race for a private rental with GM Engineering that occurred yesterday apparently. I was surprised to see it cruising the paddock the day prior with the driver occasionally revving the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post

Well I am now looking at late model GT 3 Porsche 911's.

Better car, better investment.

Enthusiast
    If there are only going to be 500 made for the first year, they will all sell for big bucks.
    To put things in perspective, I just sold my 2021 Nissan NV van for $64K. I paid $38K for it brand new 2 years ago. It went up 68% despite being 2 years older.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    If there are only going to be 500 made for the first year, they will all sell for big bucks.
    To put things in perspective, I just sold my 2021 Nissan NV van for $64K. I paid $38K for it brand new 2 years ago. It went up 68% despite being 2 years older.
    AZ, that's because Nissan is discontinuing them!! Soon to be a collectors item!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Those 2 are fantastic cars and it would have cured any pain I would have had..
    Thanks Dave.
    Had them both out yesterday.
    20220919_124350.jpg

Enthusiast

Very nice!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Very nice!
    Thanks Chris. Hope you get that deal done in Ct.

Enthusiast
    C8 is just too ugly ... and the ZO6 version doesn't help ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6gmBQUTdg

Review embargo has been lifted, looks like a great car (well, other than the looks)! excited to see it on the road

Enthusiast
    I'm sure it looks better in person, although that wing design was an odd choice by GM

I wouldn't mind having one, but not at 200k.

Enthusiast
    Seems that most folks think the base C8 is "meh" and the C8Z is the way to go if orders are 3 years out for a relatively mass produced car. They should shift much more of their production capacity to the Z.

I'm not crazy about the styling but I'd rock a C8Z with the targa out and mullet blowing in the wind...

Enthusiast
    I've only seen Dry Weight , does anyone know what the C8 Z06 Wet Weight is ???

Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6gmBQUTdg

Review embargo has been lifted, looks like a great car (well, other than the looks)! excited to see it on the road

Nicer car for sure but at that price I'd stick with a Porsche for track/street

Enthusiast
    Looks like a C7 Z06 corners harder and stops quicker than the C8 Z06.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
    Last edited by Old School; 11-01-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Enthusiast
    My dealer called and had me complete a build specification sheet today. I am near the top of his list, but not sure how many Z06 allocations he will eventually get...and there are constraints that may slow builds of Z07-optioned cars with aero - something I will wait for. I spec'd a 1LZ Z07 (CCBs and Cup 2R tires), exposed CF aero, comp seats, and the PDR - no extra bells and whistles to add weight. I passed on the CF wheels, figuring if/when I track it, I will get Forgelines for dedicated track tires. The car resembles my ACR with a bowtie badge...well, at least the color. I much prefer the looks of the Viper (a keeper), but I am intrigued by the technology of a dual overhead cam, FPC NA motor that will turn 8500 rpm. Like the Viper with its massive V-10 and manual transmission, I suspect the Z06 will be one of the last of the performance dinosaur consumers.

C8 Z06 in Silver.jpg

C8 Z06 Interior.jpg
    Last edited by Pappy; 11-19-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast