Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hel p

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I am still working on trying to get that forum reinstated. From what ive been told the plan is to leave it down until the new website launches. I’ve already conveyed that this is the not the best way to go about this. Im still going to keep asking though.
    I'm guessing this whole ordeal is why you can no longer use Google to search the forums, which is a bit frustrating at times.

Any ETA on this new website?

I am still working on trying to get that forum reinstated. From what ive been told the plan is to leave it down until after membership renewals wrap up.
    Fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I'm guessing this whole ordeal is why you can no longer use Google to search the forums, which is a bit frustrating at times.

Any ETA on this new website?
    I can still search the site via DuckDuckGo. I tried via Google real quick and was able to as well but you might be looking for something else as I never use Google.

Enthusiast
    I am still working on trying to get that forum reinstated. From what ive been told the plan is to leave it down until the new website launches. I’ve already conveyed that this is the not the best way to go about this. Im still going to keep asking though.
    So Bob, any answer on how the new website is being funded, I’m pretty sure there was no mentioned of a new website from the national officers…wait a minute they can not confirm or deny as all the misinformation they (being Wes & Mike) have stated over the last 12 months has been deleted. As I stated in the past, this was not a mistake, or it would have been fixed. They intentionally deleted because people could fact check their broken promises. Bob, hang in there you may be the only one who believes what they tell you. Also, do you really think Maurice can actually send out two more VQ in three months if so I have a bridge to sell you the even “City” the moderator wouldn’t purchase from them.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    So Bob, any answer on how the new website is being funded, I’m pretty sure there was no mentioned of a new website from the national officers…wait a minute they can not confirm or deny as all the misinformation they (being Wes & Mike) have stated over the last 12 months has been deleted. As I stated in the past, this was not a mistake, or it would have been fixed. They intentionally deleted because people could fact check their broken promises. Bob, hang in there you may be the only one who believes what they tell you. Also, do you really think Maurice can actually send out two more VQ in three months if so I have a bridge to sell you the even “City” the moderator wouldn’t purchase from them.
    If I had to guess the new site is being funded through dues just like the current site is. The new site is going to cost the club less then the current one too. So thats a bonus. With regards to the “Membership news and info forum” from what I have been told that forum will not return until the new site launches. I have made my thoughts and opinions known about why this is an awful idea. So far, its fallen on deaf ears but im still gonna keep asking for it to return.

With regards to the magazine, yes, that does seem optimistic to get two more issues out in three months. It WILL NOT be an easy task but one im hoping they are committed to completing.

Enthusiast
    With regards to the magazine, yes, that does seem optimistic to get two more issues out in three months. It WILL NOT be an easy task but one im hoping they are committed to completing.
    I still haven't received my second one yet.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    I still haven't received my second one yet.
    People are getting them so at this point it’s on the USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by V10Sidepipes View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    and the renewal button is on the front page... cant wait to see the emails begging for money.

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    People are getting them so at this point it’s on the USPS.
    Mine cam yesterday.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Mine cam yesterday.
    City,

And you criticize my spelling….

Enthusiast
    Did I miss an announcement of the projected completion date for the "new" website? After reading through this thread, the common theme (about the missing membership thread) seems to be "it's not deleted, it's on the new site". Sad to agree that the timing of it's disappearance is coincidental and that's not contributing to the promise of transparency. There was a mention of members (paraphrasing) "auto-renewing" , like sheep and hoping for the best. It's discouraging to hear this thought process as I think we have MANY members who share a passion for the Model and simply want to see a universal common ground for the legacy of the Viper. Lest we forget, the car's no longer manufactured, was manufactured is small quantity which dwindles yearly and despite ANY possibility of some other variation of the Viper in the future, it will never be accepted by this community. We must preserve, encourage, educate, and support each other as a dwindling community. How can our membership contribute to or attempt to grow the Viper community if NOT by remaining "faithful" to this association? How can the VOA become THE Viper ambassador?
    I will admit, that I am still learning of the VCA history. It DOES sound like history is repeating itself, which means we didn't learn the proper lesson. To our newest leadership: can you tell the membership what you HAVE learned and what you've done (or doing) to avoid this association's failure? Is there something prohibiting the National president from summarizing the president's meeting each month and addressing the membership directly? THIS may help with transparency and alleviate any discontent or ignorance members are experiencing. Just a thought.
    There appears to still be questionable and unclear practices happening which better communication and transparency actions would benefit the association and it's future membership. There also seems to be a lack of involvement in these forums, from the membership (as a whole) to offer / impart some change. Yes, the region presidents are supposed to be "our" voices during the monthly meetings. But this forum / site should help national to hear from the individual(s) as well. If a thread turns into a BMC (bit$h, moan and complain) session, then the mod's step in to cool things down. I doubt that anyone here is actively looking to disrespect another or be disrespected. (Even if it IS about "crushing pu$$y" in the hottest city", he-he).
    On yet another note: There was mention of using search engines like google to search for threads in this site. WHY is this allowed? Why do we have a membership for the VOA and allow our site to be accessed without a sign-in? These resources are for Viper owners, yes, but the resources provided here through the decades of experience and membership of said owners should be reserved and utilized as a tool to encourage maintaining membership. With this thought, the confirmation of Viper ownership AND VOA membership should be instilled on the VOA social media platform as well.

I'd like to thank the few members that take the time to voice their findings, concerns, experience and opinions on these "membership" related threads. I'd also like to show appreciation to the national board members and "behind the scene" operators for the association who take the time to recognize our membership is what makes the club. To Maurice L. (and National Board); the magazine is a nice keepsake of the VOA....... but it's obvious that there needs to be some modifications which don't contribute to the VOA's financial distress. I wonder how many members would be content with getting a single annual printed edition which summarizes the year's regional events? One edition, one printing, one mailing. Sounds like a reduction of 3/4 expense for the award winning magazine.

I will apologize in advance if some of my thoughts / expressions are misplaced by bringing them up in this particular thread. If they belong elsewhere on this board, I graciously accept the guidance to post them accordingly. However, I've searched through a LOT of pages of threads here, looking for "betterment of the association" and saw nothing related to it. Could be user error, technology idiocy on my part. But the mission here is to hopefully open some dialogue which will build up our association and contribute to avoiding the mistakes in the past, respectfully.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NottaVette View Post
    On yet another note: There was mention of using search engines like google to search for threads in this site. WHY is this allowed? Why do we have a membership for the VOA and allow our site to be accessed without a sign-in? These resources are for Viper owners, yes, but the resources provided here through the decades of experience and membership of said owners should be reserved and utilized as a tool to encourage maintaining membership. With this thought, the confirmation of Viper ownership AND VOA membership should be instilled on the VOA social media platform as well.
    I'd have a big problem with this, if implemented as you are implying.

While the VOA hosts the content, it sure as hell didn't generate it. Walling off what little technical content there is and making the larger community pay to access it is wrong on many levels. I've warned others about this in the past, as this is not the first time the idea has been floated. Thankfully, they've never implemented it, but I wouldn't put it past anyone that's involved behind the scenes in this organization. All the posts in the world mean dick if there's no substance. Knowledge is a tool, but it should never be used to line someone else's pockets. If they take that approach, I will do what I can to make sure they regret it.

The VOA has shown and continues to show that the magazine is the top priority. Whomever's pockets are getting lined by it must have their hooks in deep. Kudos to those that continue to go down with the ship that has been sinking for years though.

And if it isn't greed, then it is gross incompetence, and I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. But my gut tells me that it isn't incompetence. Those responsible are hoping that if they continue to ignore it, the ones that are complaining will just go away, and everyone else will forget. There are a few that are genuinely trying to do good, but their voices continue to be drowned out by the ones that actually have the ability and authority to do something. Right now, their silence is speaking loud and clear.

Promising change is one thing, but there's been no tangible follow through. They've had their chance. They either need to make a real change, or they'll watch this place crumble over the next 5 years, tops.

Enthusiast
    I completely agree with Steve.

Enthusiast
    The Viper is an expensive car so you have to assume that most Viper owners are pretty smart folks. The lack of transparency from the VOA leadership in the last 5+ months after the claims made earlier in the year suggests there are substantial issues. What those issues are is pure speculation but they could be people are burned out, the financial strain on the club is too great, the board can't agree, etc., etc., etc. Whatever the reasons, the facts remain that transparency has gone to near zero at this point. Over the years we've seen too many mea culpas from club leadership and we're likely to get another one at this point given there has to be some explanation for the lack of communication/transparency. Of course, we could be told that we're too stupid and we can't handle the truth - that has been tried before. But, see my point above, if you can afford a $100K++ car, you're probably pretty successful and not very stupid.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by COI View Post
    The Viper is an expensive car so you have to assume that most Viper owners are pretty smart folks. The lack of transparency from the VOA leadership in the last 5+ months after the claims made earlier in the year suggests there are substantial issues. What those issues are is pure speculation but they could be people are burned out, the financial strain on the club is too great, the board can't agree, etc., etc., etc. Whatever the reasons, the facts remain that transparency has gone to near zero at this point. Over the years we've seen too many mea culpas from club leadership and we're likely to get another one at this point given there has to be some explanation for the lack of communication/transparency. Of course, we could be told that we're too stupid and we can't handle the truth - that has been tried before. But, see my point above, if you can afford a $100K++ car, you're probably pretty successful and not very stupid.
    Smart people drive Toyotas

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I'd have a big problem with this, if implemented as you are implying.

While the VOA hosts the content, it sure as hell didn't generate it. Walling off what little technical content there is and making the larger community pay to access it is wrong on many levels. I've warned others about this in the past, as this is not the first time the idea has been floated. Thankfully, they've never implemented it, but I wouldn't put it past anyone that's involved behind the scenes in this organization. All the posts in the world mean dick if there's no substance. Knowledge is a tool, but it should never be used to line someone else's pockets. If they take that approach, I will do what I can to make sure they regret it.

The VOA has shown and continues to show that the magazine is the top priority. Whomever's pockets are getting lined by it must have their hooks in deep. Kudos to those that continue to go down with the ship that has been sinking for years though.

And if it isn't greed, then it is gross incompetence, and I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. But my gut tells me that it isn't incompetence. Those responsible are hoping that if they continue to ignore it, the ones that are complaining will just go away, and everyone else will forget. There are a few that are genuinely trying to do good, but their voices continue to be drowned out by the ones that actually have the ability and authority to do something. Right now, their silence is speaking loud and clear.

Promising change is one thing, but there's been no tangible follow through. They've had their chance. They either need to make a real change, or they'll watch this place crumble over the next 5 years, tops.
    I don't know about all of the above. The financial stuff.....the choice of who prints the magazine...etc.

The first thing I posted on here was about access to the data. The data was freely given by "contributors", both members and enthusiasts. Restricting the data access would place this website at odds over what other websites do. Charging for what was freely given is not the best thing to do.

Enthusiast
    I haven't seen any news from the board since they placed the membership forum on hiatus. Is this the newfound Turtle Mode and is it intentional? No news, no finances, no nothing.

Bruce H.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    I haven't seen any news from the board since they placed the membership forum on hiatus. Is this the newfound Turtle Mode and is it intentional? No news, no finances, no nothing.
    Just to reiterate what Bob Bierman had previously written, the board region presidents had no notice or say in the membership forum being removed, have no ability to determine if or when it will be restored. basically know nothing more than you do, nor may we for some time. The best one to speak to this would be Mike Kuchavik, who also informed the Board yesterday that there will be a discussion regarding implementation of the new website in a meeting scheduled for Oct 25th.

I personally can not think of anything that is more important than communication with current, past and prospective members as the club tackles its challenges. I hope that will be forthcoming soon, shedding light on some issues raised here, and could even be in a new thread in this General forum in place of the Membership News & Info forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Just to reiterate what Bob Bierman had previously written, the board region presidents had no notice or say in the membership forum being removed, have no ability to determine if or when it will be restored. basically know nothing more than you do, nor may we for some time.
    And board members see no problem with this?

Sounds like the board is either failing in its oversight duties or has no interest in executing them…

Bruce H.
    Quote Originally Posted by V10Sidepipes View Post
    And board members see no problem with this?
    I don't know because the only aspect discussed when announced was the need to test using a forum, not how that forum was selected. Its removal was to very temporary. The website challenges were discussed in the following meeting, although nothing specifically about that particular forum's removal as I recall. That's not to say that no one in the meeting didn't have a serious problem with the loss of transparency and accountability.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    I don't know because the only aspect discussed when announced was the need to test using a forum, not how that forum was selected. Its removal was to very temporary. The website challenges were discussed in the following meeting, although nothing specifically about that particular forum's removal as I recall. That's not to say that no one in the meeting didn't have a serious problem with the loss of transparency and accountability.
    It sounds like transparency within the board is not so good either. The regional President in MCVO did not seem to be aware of the missing forum, or even what that forum was, as of yesterday. Only indicated that "some" forum portions would come and go through the new website development. Well, if that is the information passed during the board meetings it is a blatant lie. One forum was removed. ONE! And it has not been temporary as it has been missing for months now. And to add to it it is the one forum where members and non members made concerns about the VOA public and the VOA provided information on finances and board meetings that are otherwise unavailable. Since the member forums removal the flow of information from the VOA elite has been nearly completely missing. But during the last several weeks we have been inundated with renewal requests and NVE5 information, with a strong emphasis that a Mamba membership is needed for early reservations. I conclude that the VOA elite are completely capable of communicating, but have CHOSEN to avoid the forum topic and any information about club finances, operation, etc. And no, there has been zero communication from the region since renewal time last year.

Meanwhile, the only visible membership benefit to many of regular (aka substandard) memberships is the electronic magazine. Which has been a no show. Earlier it was said the electronic version would be a short delay after mailing the real magazines. Well it is now October 8 and nada. Assuming some current members do not renew, which is clearly reasonable given the above, any additional magazine electronic issues will be completely missed as on Jan 1 access will be denied.

Enthusiast
    ViperSRT, you make some very good points(as usual)...though I am not sure that the proper folks are listening at the moment.

I HOPE that the current officers find the time to make some sincere and concrete reassurances to the membership as a whole in the immediate future...as I am seeing a general apathy concerning the VOA creep into both the membership at large as well as some of the regional officers.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    ViperSRT, you make some very good points(as usual)...though I am not sure that the proper folks are listening at the moment.

I HOPE that the current officers find the time to make some sincere and concrete reassurances to the membership as a whole in the immediate future...as I am seeing a general apathy concerning the VOA creep into both the membership at large as well as some of the regional officers.
    Good post as usual Steve and I concur with your observations. The next few months will be interesting……..

Bruce H.
    ViperSRT,

The website's development isn't complete apparently so it's to be seen if or how other forums will be affected.

The concern about the electronic magazine and year-end membership expiries was mentioned, with the hope that a solution can be devised to avoid anyone missing theirs.

Recognizing the importance of improving national's direct communication and transparency to membership, and making it the #1 priority, would be in the club's best interest. This can not be effectively done at the regional level.

Enthusiast
    As to my post above... "the proper folks ARE listening"...and I am very much encouraged.

Stay tuned !!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast