Enthusiast

A couple of error codes prior to recall ORC Module installation

Hi Guys, I just ran a couple codes on my 06 and the results were prior to me replacing the Occupant Restraint Control Module which I was allowed to replace myself and return the part so that they could dispose (**** up). I am just too lazy after taking half the car apart to get at something underneath the radio. I would never let a dealership do this as there were just too many trim pieces that could be damaged by a hack that does not know what they are doing. Some may be good but there is no way a guy can do a good job in 1.4 hours when it took me almost 4 hours. I took my time doing the install which is a complete PITA but after this I want to stay on the computer for a day to figure out the remaining errors.
    I had installed Diode dynamics fog lights that had never been a problem but now I noticed that the fog lights do not go on as daytime running lights. I'm not sure they are the problem though.
    11 - Parklamp Short Output Short
    53 - Low Beam RelayOpen/Short to Ground
    Now a couple of things come to mind after checking under the hood for the low beam relay....is there a separate relay for the low beams as I could not find it? I saw a 40 amp fuse and swapped it but no change to the codes.
    Anyone else out there have these same errors as a search on this site showed up nothing?
    Which parklamp would this be as the turn signals beside the headlights both work?
    Had a previous error right fog lamp output open but this one is gone after a new scan.
    I just need to figure out a plan to fix these errors.
    On another note, I got rid of an error that said low tire that I had on the car since new.
    Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images