Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z06 Pricing

Enthusiast
    Have you guys seen the new Escalade V base MSRP is $150K lol. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...alade-v-drive/

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Based on the number of people on lists around the country with dealer mark-ups of $30-100K, and before the MSRP was announced (most were guessing around $90K + options), I felt like the "market value" was around $150K. I guess so did GM when they set the higher-than-expected pricing, but I have talked to several dealers since and they still intend to keep the mark-ups in place, for now ($100K in Las Vegas/$50K in Phoenix). It is probably a $150K car, which is in line with Cable's prediction of 30% increases - it is not a $200-250K car.

Edit: most of the dealers indicating they will have MSRP pricing have lists that are so long that most folks will never get a car before production ends. I expect some of those lists to get shorter as the currently predicted 60% of those on the lists (dreamers) are bailing due to the high price. I expect even more to drop off when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is due to economic reality.
    I'm on a couple of the lists (ciocca and MM), I will see in a couple weeks when they update to see if a lot of people dropped off

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Have you guys seen the new Escalade V base MSRP is $150K lol. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...alade-v-drive/
    If I wasn't a Ford dealer, my wife would be driving one. They're BAD.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    They are nice, but that's GLS63 money at this point, although I'm sure big price increases coming for those next year. The Benz will dyno way more power, they are so underrated.
    I paid $182K for a G63 and that seemed crazy for an SUV, but now GM Suv's are just as much. Crazy times lol

Enthusiast
    Just pull the badges and put a Ford one on. You'd piss off a whole boat load of people. lol

Enthusiast
    Too ugly to drive in daylight ...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    I'm on a couple of the lists (ciocca and MM), I will see in a couple weeks when they update to see if a lot of people dropped off
    My buddy just spoke with Tommy at Macmulkin yesterday. Nobody jumping ship...yet.

Enthusiast
    No, this will be permanent. Expect 30% MSRP increases on every brand, every model permanently.
    Pretty much. No one goes backward. I'm honestly surprised they waited this long. Heck, the base model of the C8 has gone up 12% or something.

As I posted on the Corvette boards, the car just isn't a screaming bargain like the C6Z and C7Z were.
    I really don't need a third street car, but if I could get a mid engine 675hp, FCP 5.5L screaming to 8750rpm well equipped for $100-110k, you only live once.

At $140-150k for a mid trim Z07 (and I still need to convert to iron brakes because you can't get the stiffer suspension without CCB lol), I'm not really interested.

I'll probably do nothing with the money and be proud of myself, then buy another track toy and upgrade the daily, spending just as much in the end, lol.

Enthusiast
    Being ~$25k more than expected for the base (OTD) is one thing, but the packages really pissed me off.

$9k for Z07 which requires CCB. Screw you, I don't want CCB. And GM knows it. No one wanted it on the C7 and they were giving $5k rebates on $7k brake packages. So now, they wisened up and made them mandatory.

Also, the z07 package requires an 8-10k aero package that will be $2500 from the aftermarket.

So $17-20k for Z07 + $25k more than expected.

All I wanted from the Z07 package was the stiffer springs!
    Might as well just get aftermarket coil overs.

A mid level Z07 is about $145k, maybe more. I'm just not interested at those prices. It also likely means I'm not interested in the ZR1 (TTV8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Being ~$25k more than expected for the base (OTD) is one thing, but the packages really pissed me off.

$9k for Z07 which requires CCB. Screw you, I don't want CCB. And GM knows it. No one wanted it on the C7 and they were giving $5k rebates on $7k brake packages. So now, they wisened up and made them mandatory.

Also, the z07 package requires an 8-10k aero package that will be $2500 from the aftermarket.

So $17-20k for Z07 + $25k more than expected.

All I wanted from the Z07 package was the stiffer springs!
    Might as well just get aftermarket coil overs.

A mid level Z07 is about $145k, maybe more. I'm just not interested at those prices. It also likely means I'm not interested in the ZR1 (TTV8)
    This is EXACTLY me!!

I want the suspension from Z07, but I REALLY dislike the aero on the aero package which is required.... I also don't need CCB for street or track.

I think I'd just go with a 2LZ at 115k without much else, corvettes are pretty well equipped at 2LT/Z

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    This is EXACTLY me!!

I want the suspension from Z07, but I REALLY dislike the aero on the aero package which is required.... I also don't need CCB for street or track.

I think I'd just go with a 2LZ at 115k without much else, corvettes are pretty well equipped at 2LT/Z
    Problem is it looks stupid without the wing (which is amazing, because it's by far the ugliest wing on any production car I've seen).
    When you add an aftermarket wing, you will need the stiffer suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Problem is it looks stupid without the wing (which is amazing, because it's by far the ugliest wing on any production car I've seen).
    When you add an aftermarket wing, you will need the stiffer suspension.
    someone told me the wing looks like a mustache and now I can't unsee it

Enthusiast
    I cannot stand the hi-downforce package and that copied Koenigsegg wing. It looks so out of place, no matter how much aero they've done and how effective it probably is, it just looks like it doesn't belong.

However...

That low downforce silver coupe they brought to NYIAS is very nice.

But again, back to the aero. The front fascia kills it for looking like a fish. Looks amazing from behind.

--RS

FB_IMG_1658283931884.jpg

Enthusiast
    Looks much better than a base C8 but the smokey eye look is strange.

d40ef88f_78fd_415f_a5b2_36548aed5d48_d9eabb887e09e2c0d5f30cb01b0a31dbca10df83.png

Enthusiast
    It must drive the engineers and stylists crazy, trying to figure out what shapes of aero devices do the job; but aren't deemed ugly according to unspoken and inconsistent rules of people who might be potential customers, and not ending up with a car that has any part that looks similar to another car, and does not look like some fish that people don't like; but meets federal standards, and makes a profit.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    It must drive the engineers and stylists crazy, trying to figure out what shapes of aero devices do the job; but aren't deemed ugly according to unspoken and inconsistent rules of people who might be potential customers, and not ending up with a car that has any part that looks similar to another car, and does not look like some fish that people don't like; but meets federal standards, and makes a profit.
    Hahaha

Enthusiast
    Schen, yeah that front end looks odd. I did like the splitter on the 'vert in NY, but that rear wing looks terrible and like an aftermarket wing from and old JC Whitney catalogue. When I look at any 'vette, I keep thinking someone in the aftermarket can produce a cleaner front and rear facia.

Lawineer, agree that is sucks to "get this, you have to buy that too." Best deal might be to buy the base couple then add your own suspension and aero.

This new Z-06 is going to be great at the track, I'll bet it can match or beat many of the ACR-E track records, time will tell.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Schen, yeah that front end looks odd. I did like the splitter on the 'vert in NY, but that rear wing looks terrible and like an aftermarket wing from and old JC Whitney catalogue. When I look at any 'vette, I keep thinking someone in the aftermarket can produce a cleaner front and rear facia.

Lawineer, agree that is sucks to "get this, you have to buy that too." Best deal might be to buy the base couple then add your own suspension and aero.

This new Z-06 is going to be great at the track, I'll bet it can match or beat many of the ACR-E track records, time will tell.
    I'll be super interested in how they keep it cool!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post

I don't know if it has enough horsepower to overcome the excess weight. It will depend on the track. We haven't seen any independent reviews, or even GM leaks regarding track performance - a little strange for a car that goes on sale in a week or so.

Enthusiast
    I'll be super interested in how they keep it cool!
    Radiator? I kid of course. I would think it shouldn't contend with heat soak like the C7Z.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Radiator?
    ...not sure if serious.

Enthusiast
    I don't know if it has enough horsepower to overcome the excess weight. It will depend on the track. We haven't seen any independent reviews, or even GM leaks regarding track performance - a little strange for a car that goes on sale in a week or so.
    Pappy, points taken, but I think at many of the tracks the E's aero has too much drag, the vette's rear engine will pull better off the corners and the auto/paddle trans will be a strong advantage in both up and down shifts. We'll see?

Enthusiast
    It comes with Cup 2R's, which are crazy fast, faster than Hoosier R7's, near slicks grip for a couple laps.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Nice.

--RS

Enthusiast
    It comes with Cup 2R's, which are crazy fast, faster than Hoosier R7's, near slicks grip for a couple laps.
    Even with Cup 2Rs, I have my doubts that the skinny front 275s are up to the task for a 3700# car, regardless of the rear weight bias. They are on a 10" wheel, and it doesn't look like there is room to make the wheel wider outboard. I have not been able to determine if the backspacing can be increased to get a wheel that will accommodate at least a 315. There are a lot of unknowns like how much front and/or rear downforce is generated by the Z07 package, and at what drag penalty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast