Yet another new Viper owner in Western PA

Hi Everyone, Recently I had the opportunity to purchase a 2000 GTS ACR, and was able to finalize the deal a few weeks ago. It's been stored the past couple of years and only taken out once or twice during that time. It's a beautiful car but I am in the process of going through it for the peace of mind. So far I have replaced the battery, oil and filter change, replaced the weeping radiator (looked a lot like the one in BoostedMotorSport's YouTube video) and hoses with new silicone ones. I have been using the forum as a reference and it has been very helpful. I am looking forward to getting this thing out on the road and meeting up with other members. Seems as though there are a lot of Viper owners in my area. I would love to be able to make it to the PVGP but will need tires before that can happen. I understand Mr. JonB is the person to talk to when you need tires so I will have to send him a message. Happy/Grateful/Excited to be here as an owner now.

Enthusiast
    Join the Western PA VOA as they are an active and fun group, and you definitely want to join them as they transverse the US going to the NVE in Colorado Springs in 23. Welcome and congrats on an early year ACR!

what part of Western PA?

Thanks Bill.

camerochevy1970 - 20 miles north east of Pittsburgh.

Congratulations on a beautiful Viper! The Gen 2 ACRs are special for sure. We have an active region in PA, but with your location, Western Reserve may be the way to go as Bill mentioned. Hope to see you at an event this year!

Enthusiast
    Congratulations and welcome! I am also a new owner from western PA. I grew up in the Lower Burrell / Kiski area, which is roughly 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. I'm in Bethel Park now. Hope to see you around!

Quote Originally Posted by PASRT10 View Post
    Congratulations and welcome! I am also a new owner from western PA. I grew up in the Lower Burrell / Kiski area, which is roughly 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. I'm in Bethel Park now. Hope to see you around!
    Yep, we grew up in the same general area. Small world. So much so that after reading through some older posts I am realizing I have bought another member's previous car.

Enthusiast
    Congrats!

I am in the Johnstown area. If you are ever on this side of the 'Burgh, hit me up!
    Are you going to head out to the Vintage Grand Prix this year...Vipers...

Enthusiast
    ACR_GABOON - welcome aboard. I live just north of Pittsburgh and a bunch of us are very active with club events. Shoot me an email and I'll tell you more. mcalder@caringlawyers.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post
    Congrats!

I am in the Johnstown area. If you are ever on this side of the 'Burgh, hit me up!
    Are you going to head out to the Vintage Grand Prix this year...Vipers...
    Thank you. I am actually from Johnstown, was just there a few weekends ago for Thunder in the Valley. I am trying to make it to PVGP but not sure if I will, too much going on this summer.

Enthusiast
    WHAAAAAT??!!!
    I graduated from Richland in '87. I now live in Davidsville and work in Westmont.
    If you want to make the trip with your Viper, please let me know, would enjoy a meet up!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR_GABOON View Post
    Thank you. I am actually from Johnstown, was just there a few weekends ago for Thunder in the Valley. I am trying to make it to PVGP but not sure if I will, too much going on this summer.
    ACR_GABOON,

This is the only time Team Viper and two of the most historic GTS-R's are coming to you. The next event, if it ever happens like this again, will be days away - not an hour

Trust me, it will be worth it.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group