Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 765LT

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

New 765LT

Just got this yesterday. Got a really good deal, it was the cheapest I could find in the country, and private party consignment sale means no sales tax here in Arizona.
    This car is gnarly. No carpet, no sound deadening, the whole thing shakes and rattles, the exhaust sound is insane for a stock production car.

IMG-9180.jpg

IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9170.jpg

IMG-9174.jpg

IMG-9187.jpg

Enthusiast
    I cannot believe this forum still has not implemented the update the Vbulletin to where it automatically corrects picture flips like these. This is the only forum I've seen that does this in the last 10 years+

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I cannot believe this forum still has not implemented the update the Vbulletin to where it automatically corrects picture flips like these. This is the only forum I've seen that does this in the last 10 years+
    or an :lol: emoji

Enthusiast
    Beautiful car. More like a work of art. Congratulations.

Love the color combo, congrats it's gorgeous, hope you like it

Beautiful! Didn’t you have a 720S?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Beautiful! Didn’t you have a 720S?
    Yes sir, I traded it in on this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martyb View Post
    When’s my ride!! Beautiful machine Cable!
    Soon!!

Enthusiast
    Will it pass sound at AMP? Track tires? LOL Absolutely beautiful!

Pappy

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Will it pass sound at AMP? Track tires? LOL Absolutely beautiful!

Pappy
    hehe, I've still got the Forgelines and Pirelli slicks. I'd have to make quad turnouts for it
    Here was my 720s with turnouts installed, I still have them

TrackPic-001.jpg

Enthusiast
    Fantastic. Love the color. Their website and color customization are great.

When’s my ride!! Beautiful machine Cable!

Enthusiast
    What a beauty. I need a ride too

How does this one compare to the 720S? I have been thinking about adding a 720S to the stable, but a 458 might edge it out. Still on the fence, but would love to hear your feedback.

Enthusiast
    How does this one compare to the 720S? I have been thinking about adding a 720S to the stable, but a 458 might edge it out. Still on the fence, but would love to hear your feedback.
    The 765 is louder and sounds more aggressive. With no carpet or sound deadening, it shakes almost as much as my solid mount 9 liter race car, and rattles like a 1984 Corvette, but in a good way LOL. I tried to punch it on the freeway and it broke the rear tires loose at 70mph, and the stability control even let the car get a tad sideways, so honestly I'll never floor this thing again on the street. I just don't like to speed on the street. It's just a poser bar hopper for me. Same thing with the 720s, it's just too fast for the street.
    If you drive a 720s and 458 I'm pretty sure you'll want the 720. It's insane and way more roomy and comfortable than the 458.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    It's just a poser bar hopper for me.
    You need to go to Maple and Ash in Scottsdale. Last time I was there was room in Valet between a 720S and a Ferrari with bull horns on the hood. LOL

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    You need to go to Maple and Ash in Scottsdale. Last time I was there was room in Valet between a 720S and a Ferrari with bull horns on the hood. LOL
    LMFAO. Best seafood tower I've ever had.

No comparison.. 720s is better in every measurable performance metric. 458 takes it on sound and prestige if those matter to
    You

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    No comparison.. 720s is better in every measurable performance metric. 458 takes it on sound and prestige if those matter to
    You
    Prestige, not so sure.

Sound, no doubt. Ferrari's last NA engine, no?

I was actually more interested in feedback regarding 720S vs 765LT

10-4.. cant help ya there.

Test drove few Mclaren including a spyder 720s and the two only things that was less than convincing, for me, was the sound (it's a turbo V8...) and a bit ''too comfy''... Feels more like a GT than a raw sportscar. Which can be a very good thing for many people. Have a friend that switched from a 720s to a 600LT because of that.
    I didnt drive the 765LT but I'm pretty sure it adds the spices that left to be desired in the 720s. Also, it's pretty much like a comparison between a Porsche 911 Turbo S and a GT3/2 RS.

My only concern about these Mclaren is the reliability. Otherwise, it's a blast to drive.

Enthusiast
    When does it hit the track?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    When does it hit the track?
    I'm debating this.. hehe.... I still have my Forgeline's/Pirelli slicks from the 720s too... If I track it, I'll get track insurance. If I wrecked this thing I'll be driving a Honda Accord the rest of my life LOL

Cable - i wonder what'll be faster around the track.. your '13 9L racer or the new 765LT? what are you anticipating?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Cable - i wonder what'll be faster around the track.. your '13 9L racer or the new 765LT? what are you anticipating?
    I've heard of no 765's beating my Cota, Road Atlanta or Road America time so far, but it's only a matter of time. I think on a high speed track with long straights the 765LT has to be faster. Even 720's have an 8mph higher speed at COTA than my Viper. My Viper is about 150 lbs lighter, more aero and much wider tires. The Viper has about 60 more hp (765's do 760 at the wheels), but with no aero and better trans the 765 would annihilate my Viper in a straight line. I tracked my 720 a few times and hated the handling. I spun it more time in one day than I've spun my Viper in 7 years. It still holds the Nasa TTU record at Arizona Motorsports Park though.... (My Viper doesn't pass sound there)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast