Lime Rock Autocross mini road course JULY 30 Sign up for your Driver Mod today

Many post about Driver Mod... did you know you don't need a 10mm to start "bolting it on"?

It's FUN
    It's SAFE
    It will make you a better and faster driver!

It won't burn brakes and tires like a track day
    All driving abilities are welcome! Every year we have a great mix of first-timers and experienced drivers.
    It's beautiful at Lime Rock and spectators / family are free

This year's event will be Saturday July 30, 2022.
    We use the former Skip Barber facility at Lime Rock, which has recently been repaved and expanded.

http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2022.html

Let's Sell This Out With VOA Members!
    (members save $50, so renew now if you forgot this year)
    Last edited by SlateEd; 06-18-2022 at 08:40 PM.

We're at 31 drivers already, pulling from at least 4 VOA Regions. Jump in before it sells out!

The LIST:

ACR Steve
    Ed
    Courtney
    00GTS
    Nic
    Alecia
    PistOn
    Viper Tony
    The Talon Guy
    Rob (roebear)
    Steve D
    Rock D
    Eric Peachy
    Havik
    Dutch
    DublinOH +1
    Kaleb C
    Kyle D
    Kiran M2
    Karl
    Rich777
    ek1
    RobinZ06
    JoeO
    GregW
    AndyS
    Robin L
    Eugene R
    Matt C
    MikeD
    Last edited by SlateEd; 07-21-2022 at 10:06 PM. Reason: List is Growing

Enthusiast
    This is going to be awesome! I sense we have some serious competition in the works this year!

This is certainly one of the best events that we can offer our membership. For those of you who have attended in the past…you know how great it is. And if you missed last year, then you haven't had the opportunity to try the new available track configuration. Essentially, there is a long straightaway that feeds into the Skid Pad; this was extremely fun last year. Don't miss out! Our Vipers can totally dominate this setup.

For those who are new to the club or haven't partaken in this event in the past, we'd strongly consider signing up. This is essentially a full day car control clinic in a very safe environment (no walls). We'll have coaching staff on hand for ride-alongs and advice. You WILL leave a better snake handler at the end of the day. We've never seen an unhappy camper at one of these events. It is a very safe, well-organized event in which you'll feel comfortable in attending.

You won't have to worry about killing off your brakes and tires like a full-on track day either. There will be a great mix of experience levels from beginner to advanced, so you won't feel out of place no matter where you stand. It's a beautiful atmosphere; family and spectators are welcome to attend free of charge.

Once again, we'd advise to sign up as soon as you can. Let us know if you have any questions. And would certainly urge members from close regions to consider making a nice weekend trip out of it. It looks like we're going to have some great company among us!

Enthusiast
    Signed up.

Enthusiast
    I'll be there with the gear of course!

If you haven't been to a Limerock autocross event with the NY/CT region, you're missing out!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/schenphotography/6QT7aB

--RS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schen View Post
    I'll be there with the gear of course!

If you haven't been to a Limerock autocross event with the NY/CT region, you're missing out!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/schenphotography/6QT7aB

--RS
    We need to do a drone pic of all the Vipers lined up on the track.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
    We need to do a drone pic of all the Vipers lined up on the track.
    Funny you should mention that!

Did a shoot with my buddy Mike's Giulia Quadrifoglio last night and I think I enticed him to come up to Limerock and join us! He'll have his drone so we can get some shots from above.

--RS

Quote Originally Posted by SlateEd View Post
    We're at 27 drivers already, pulling from at least 4 VOA Regions. Jump in before it sells out!

The LIST:

ACR Steve
    Ed
    Courtney
    00GTS
    Nic
    Alecia
    PistOn
    Viper Tony
    The Talon Guy
    Rob
    Steve D
    Rock D
    Eric Peachy
    Havik
    Dutch
    DublinOH +1
    Kaleb C
    Kyle D
    Kiran M2
    Karl
    Rich777
    ek1
    RobinZ06
    JoeO
    GregW
    AndyS

So uh…this Rob is me, right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by roebear View Post
    So uh…this Rob is me, right? lol
    Haha - yessir!
    Totally forgot to include your forum handle, sorry :-)

My daughter and I are really looking forward to this!

Enthusiast
    Looking forward to this event!

Quote Originally Posted by DublinOH View Post
    My daughter and I are really looking forward to this!
    For sure! So excited to have you making the trek !

Quote Originally Posted by Mkuchavikjr View Post
    Looking forward to this event!
    Thanks Mike! You've done a ton of promotion - excited to see your PA contingent :-)

EVERYONE - we are SOLD OUT!

realistically, if you're a VOA member and want to attend, we can squeeze 1 or 2 more Vipers, but we're closing the gates to non-members, friends, family, and Corvettes LOL

FIVE VOA REGIONS!

NY/CT
    PA/WV
    NE
    Western Reserve
    NJ

all represented in Lakeville, CT. You guys rock! Thank you for the travels to be a part of it.

We SHREDDED the top 30 list that Lime Rock maintains of all participants' times... here are a few quick numbers:

2 of the top 3 times are from our event,
    12 of the top 30 are from our event,
    (57% of our drivers had times that would have been in the top 30 before we started adding faster times above ourselves)

and we pushed the time required to make the top 30 down by 1.43 seconds! (that's huge... championships in this challenge have been decided by hundredths of seconds)

and most importantly, everyone had a safe day with some great driving and big laughs.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Enthusiast
    Matt, Ed, Courtney, Mike, Steve, Ryan and NY/CT Team great event as always! It's exciting to see everyone improve their driving throughout the day. Thanks to all of the regions that made the trip to the backwoods of CT . It always makes me chuckle to see all of the Vipers that dominate the Autocross rankings at the end of the season...not too shabby for a straight-line race car.

Enthusiast

We are NOT afraid of Vipers

Hi Ed--I am the President of Pelham Motorsports Club. We are your main competition at the LRP Autocross and currently have 3 of the top 5 times and 8 of the top 30. One of our members won the Shootout last year (still waiting for his trophy).

We have a private event scheduled at the LRP infield course on Friday, September 16 from 1 pm to 5 pm. We typically limit our events to no more than 10 cars and 12 total participants, so there is an abundance of available track time. We run "practice" laps in an open track format on various configurations and also official timed laps. Very informal and fun as I know your events are.

I have two or possibly three open slots available for our September 16th event due to unexpected cancellations. I would like to extend an invitation to members of the Viper Club to join us on this date. It would be a good opportunity to practice for the Shootout in a private (as in non-public) environment.

The cost is $450 per driver. We do permit a second driver to share a car for $350. The cost is admittedly higher than most alternatives but it is more than compensated for by the extensive track time available.

If any of your members are interested, please let me know and I can send them registration information. I am not used to posting on forums but I think I should not show my email address publicly?

Thanks and in any event we hope to see you at the Shootout this year.

Enthusiast
    Per my recent post, I can be reached at mattdan1@optonline.net with regard to the Pelham Motorsports Club LRP event on Friday September 16. My name is Gary. Thanks.