Thread: V Rod Muscle

V Rod Muscle

New toy. Love it. Over 30 mpg so FJB gas prices. Hahaha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Very nice! Really clean.

Appreciate that. It suits/ compliments the rest of the garage quite well.

Congratulations! The VROD is lots of fun to ride and is extremely reliable

Enthusiast
    Very nice. Took one for a test when they first came out. Great riding bikes. Congrats and be safe.

Red line is 9,000 RPM's, good center of gravity, fat rear tire with 240 width are some good pros. Not a huge fan of Black paint but it works well on this bike. Liquid cooled for less heat drama and 5 gallon tank. Its a 16 model year and i believe that the last production models were the following year. It has a Vance & Hines exhaust which sounds great; not sure if it adds much power. Gearing is one down, five up which is much different from the toe & heel shifting on the touring ones.

The turn signals self cancel which is helpful. The would be gas tank is air intake and the actual tank is under the driver seat. Brakes are pretty good; i think its 70% front & 30% rear. State Inspection is annual on motorcycles in my state which sounds like a pain (its every 2 years on cars) but I purchased from a local dealer that did it for me. All serviced & ready to ride for the season!

Enthusiast
    Badass! I had one of the brushed silver ones back when they first came out. Had some fun times on it! Once I had my kids I sold my bikes, too dangerous around here. I'll get another one when I'm a bit older!

Very cool! I'm sure you will have a blast this summer. Lot's of nice toys to choose from.

Yes. I literally walk into my garage every day and think to myself "Decisions, Decisions" First World Problems. Ha.

Enthusiast
    What flooring is that and how does it do with the lift on it? Or is the flooring cut out for the lift feet?

It's called Tec Tile. The lift is on top of it. Really satisfied, got it here: www.yourultimategarage.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    It's called Tec Tile. The lift is on top of it. Really satisfied, got it here: www.yourultimategarage.com
    Thanks! I take it you got the $2.99/ft based on the look of them?

I don't recall. They also installed the lift & mounted the cabinets to the wall. Guess they liked the project as my garage appears on their site twice. Ha. Gallardo/Hummer were the stable mates at that time.

New Tires, New Battery & can't wait for Spring.

Enthusiast
    Great time to ride in Texas. 85 degrees today.

Congrats! Too Cool!! Hmmmm.....V-Rod........

Enthusiast
    Sweet Ride !
    Hoping to get to the Dragon this Fall with my 2 Wheel buddies . Highly recommend it on 2 Wheels.

Enthusiast
    Awesome bike! Enjoy!

Thanks. Got some snow in the Northeast today so riding is on hold at present. Should not be long now.

Very nice bike I believe you will really enjoy it. I really like that inverted front end.
    Be safe out there. As they say, it's not if you are going down it's more like when will you be going down.
    I have been riding this one since 2005. In my opinion the V rod has the best motor Harley ever made. I did do a few upgrades to mine over the years.
    There is somebody on here that has one way more over the top than mine.IMG_0451.jpg
    Last edited by TheMadMachinist; 04-18-2023 at 01:39 AM.

Cool

That's a beauty! I'm pretty much stock except for the exhaust. Rainy parts of the day today cut my ride short but sunshine is on deck!

Enthusiast
    Man that looks badass in black. I had one of the brushed aluminum ones back in the early 2000's, but sold all my bikes after my son's were born, too scary out there! Maybe one day again when I'm older and have less to lose lmao

When you're dead you're dead for a long time.