Need help new owner in Kansas City

Hi there, I am a new owner of a 2006 blue with white stripes coupe. The previous owner kept it under a cover in a garage and it has not been started in over a year. The battery is totally dead and the dash lights will not come on. Does anyone in the Kansas City area know of a mechanic with experience on Vipers? Any recommendations on what to do before I attempt to start the car? My initial thought is to change all fluids in the car, add new battery, remove spark plugs and oil the cylinders, and drain fuel from tank. Any advice is appreciated. I can’t wait to drive this car. It is my dream car.

Enthusiast
    I'm in Excelsior Springs, I have a tech that can handle it.

If it's just a year...no biggie. Probably needs fuel drained and fluids checked. Sounds like it keeps a new battery too.
    Last edited by 13COBRA; 05-15-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks for the info. The car is currently being transported from California. I will stay in touch.

Enthusiast
    congrats on the new car, I'm sure it will be fine with fluids and a new battery. Can you open the door ok? it needs power to operate the door switch and to lower the window, so go careful the glass does not catch the roof. Are you aware of the keyhole location on the door if you have no power?

Buy a trickle charger to keep the new one topped up

Is it one of the 200 first edition cars? If so, what number?

I am not aware of the hidden keyhole if power is out. Where is it located? I am not sure if it is a 200 early edition car? Is there a place to check? I have the vin #

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vipersandbass View Post
    I am not aware of the hidden keyhole if power is out. Where is it located? I am not sure if it is a 200 early edition car? Is there a place to check? I have the vin #
    Some people don't like this info shared publicly, so I made sure it was freely available before putting it on the forum, so I don't get roasted !!!!!!

https://www.viperclub.org/vca/thread...ed-out.668919/

I'm sure you'd be aware if it was a first edition. It was a $4995 option, and you get blue accents on the gearknob, parking brake, steering wheel, and blue stitching on the seats. Also a numbered plaque on the console.

interior.jpg

connie viper.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the info. I have a standard viper and not the first edition. Thanks for the key info I will use that method until I get the battery replaced.