Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Every person on the street looks at it in amazement & says "look at that Ferrari!".
    Definition of delusional adjective
    Delusional disorder is a type of serious mental illness called a psychotic disorder. People who have it can't tell what's real from what is imagined. Delusions are the main symptom of delusional disorder. They're unshakable beliefs in something that isn't true or based on reality.

Yup, & the problem with the Z06 (and with previous Gen Z06 & ZR1 variants) is that they closely resemble the dime a dozen base. Yes mechanically they are different cars. However, you must feel crappy in your 150k performance car when a base model pulls up next to you that the guy paid 59k for. Lol

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Unless you know what a Ferrari looks like. Then it looks like you ordered a Lambarrari on Wish.
    Bwahaha

Enthusiast
    Yup, & the problem with the Z06 (and with previous Gen Z06 & ZR1 variants) is that they closely resemble the dime a dozen base. Yes mechanically they are different cars. However, you must feel crappy in your 150k performance car when a base model pulls up next to you that the guy paid 59k for. Lol
    Much like a Gen V ACR and an SRT

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Much like a Gen V ACR and an SRT
    Yes, the Gen V ACR and base SRT look so much alike they are often confused. Said no one ever.

Aero, Shocks, and sometimes brakes.. otherwise pretty dang similar.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Aero, Shocks, and sometimes brakes.. otherwise pretty dang similar.
    Yup....if you're blind. Huge wing, huge front splitter, different hood, Carbon Fiber air intakes, different brakes, ACR specific wheels and rims, ACR specific steering wheel, ACR specific interior. Pretty much identical.

Correction - Aero, Shocks, sometimes brakes, and cosmetics.

Enthusiast
    Dodge went a different route. Make the base car and upgrade everything outside of the engine/transmission and interior. Chevy upgrades everything but interior and a few of the body panels.

The snake wasn't mass produced. So the odds of seeing an SRT pull up next to an ACR are pretty slim. Other than car shows I probably have seen 4-5 Vipers out on the road in my entire life & that includes all five generations of the car.

Enthusiast
    Guy at the end of my street has a yellow Gen III convertible. I see a 2nd gen GTS almost weekly. But I see a boat load of Corvettes of any gen. lol

Enthusiast
    The nice part of the New Corvette lots of bang for the buck. And you can take the car where you want. If some one steals the car you can always get another. With our Vipers and now the value going up going to have to watch where you go and leave. And the best part its still a American Car and Mark.

The snake wasn't mass produced. So the odds of seeing an SRT pull up next to an ACR are pretty slim. Other than car shows I probably have seen 4-5 Vipers out on the road in my entire life & that includes all five generations of the car.

Very rare in Canada too. And since it's rare, it is surprisingly a head-turner more that Lambo's, Porsche's, etc..

When I owned Lamborghini it was rare (over a decade ago) now these formerly exotic brands pump out bigger production numbers and have totally sold out by making the hideous SUV models. I was talking to my local Lamborghini dealer today about a potential tecnica order and explained to him that this is one of the reasons why my 5 year old dodge is worth more than his brand new bull. Lol

Enthusiast
    Im out at $110k for the base model. Sorry.

Enthusiast
    Its a great car and super value, Since no more new vipers and its still made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Im out at $110k for the base model. Sorry.
    I straddling the fence. I’m having a real issue justifying 145k (as I would spec it) for a mass produced Chevy. Luckily I’m a couple years deep on an msrp list so I’ll have time to digest the opinions of early adopters.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgsnake View Post
    Its a great car and super value, Since no more new vipers and its still made in the USA.
    Agreed. I get such a kick out of the Corvette bashing around here. Guys, the Viper hasn't been produced in almost 6 years. The Corvette Z06 is going to be a hell of a car. We should be rooting for this American made sports car. Sure they make alot of them. I really don't give a $hit who's looking at me. The car will be a blast to drive. Too bad the Viper didn't have a sustainable business model like the Corvette.

No denying the C8 & C8 Z06 are bad ass cars. Amazing what Chevy has done with that platform. Wish I got on a list sooner as it will likely be a three year + wait at this point for the new Z.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Agreed. I get such a kick out of the Corvette bashing around here. Guys, the Viper hasn't been produced in almost 6 years. The Corvette Z06 is going to be a hell of a car. We should be rooting for this American made sports car. Sure they make alot of them. I really don't give a $hit who's looking at me. The car will be a blast to drive. Too bad the Viper didn't have a sustainable business model like the Corvette.
    Always said, the Corvette is the best bang for the buck! Always has been.. No denying that car. Matter of fact, I have been driving my 69 allot more than my Viper these days. Paul, its going to be one hellava car, can hardly wait for you to get the new Z06 and that 82 CE!
    Go Corvette!

Paul’s getting an 82 CE? Do tell…… I love those champagne colored beauties!

I never looked twice at a C5 or C6 even though I owned a C5 Z06 for a year before my first Viper. The C7 was better but the C8 was just a knockout IMO and it never fails to get me staring. To be honest it makes my GTSR and any other Viper look kind of dated style wise no matter how valuable they have become.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Paul’s getting an 82 CE? Do tell…… I love those champagne colored beauties!
    Yes, found one out in NW Ohio with 8,800 original miles. New condition. Shipping it here next week, hopefully. Not the power of the newer Vettes but I've just always liked these. Starting to get noticed in collector's circles.

Enthusiast
    The base models are always too skinny and tall to me

Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Yes, found one out in NW Ohio with 8,800 original miles. New condition. Shipping it here next week, hopefully. Not the power of the newer Vettes but I've just always liked these. Starting to get noticed in collector's circles.
    Congrats Paul! Can’t wait to see it. I’m a huge fan of those myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast