Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    update on the car, running and performing amazing, except for a low RPM stutter / hesitation that happens once in a while

seems exactly like the issue on my blue one , which was a burned 02 sensor (upstream)

ordered 2 more and hoping that solves it

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me if any of these items circled are the IAC, idle air control valve?

Having some "hanging rpm" as well as low end stuttering

Wanna try and clean it if possible

Thanks20220318_022155.jpg

Enthusiast
    The upper arrow is the IAC.

Hanging throttle, not returning to idle, is often caused by the throttle body not closing fully. This is because of the air pressure differential on each side of the throttle plates and the return spring not being able to overcome it. At idle, there can be 14psi air pressure on the throttle plates. They are maybe 5 or 6 square inches, so there is ~75lbs pressure pressing on the plates causing friction on the throttle shaft. You can test this by getting the throttle to hang, the physically try to close the throttle completely under the hood.

Thanks old school

Yes heard people trying to clean the TB but alot had luck with the IAC as well

My IAC does not seem to plunge or depress when squeezed, I pressed quite hard but maybe not hard enough ?

Has zero movement, very weird

Hey guys , does anyone know the type of front lip this is?

Make and model ?

Also Are these two piece rotors? If so does anyone recognize them.?

I have an APR carbon lip I waited 6 months for but actually starting to like this one a bit more

Also I git the wheels off and the car has KW coilovers , huge improvement over the BC coilovers on my blue oneScreenshot_20220401-050352_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220401-050416_Gallery.jpg20220329_142507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
    Thanks old school

My IAC does not seem to plunge or depress when squeezed, I pressed quite hard but maybe not hard enough ?

Has zero movement, very weird
    IAC's usually arent plunger style controls. Its a stepped screw jack needle/seat assembly. Needs power to move it.

Enthusiast
    I hope you can get those seemingly minor issues sorted out.

I like that front lip as well. Curious to see if anyone recognizes it.
    Last edited by jpmst3; 04-01-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    IAC's usually arent plunger style controls. Its a stepped screw jack needle/seat assembly. Needs power to move it.
    Thanks, glad I didn't push too hard on it

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post
    I hope you can get those seemingly minor issues sorted out.

I like that front lip as well. Curious to see if anyone recognizes it.
    I think the issue was gas, I was using 93 but I think it's tuned for 94

The low end hesitation seems to be gone, I do still get a hanging RPM at times

Enthusiast
    I do still get a hanging RPM at times
    My hanging throttle at idle was caused by not having enough return spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    My hanging throttle at idle was caused by not having enough return spring.
    Thanks, u mean return spring in the TB?

Enthusiast
    Thanks, u mean return spring in the TB?
    Yes, mine was an aftermarket BBK, I was able to twist mine around another 1/4 turn preload. Fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Yes, mine was an aftermarket BBK, I was able to twist mine around another 1/4 turn preload. Fixed the problem.
    I think mines aftermarket too, I'll look into it Thanks

Those rotors look like the two piece GiroDisk or Eradispeed

Quote Originally Posted by proedge View Post
    Those rotors look like the two piece GiroDisk or Eradispeed
    Thanks

On a side note my power steering blew up , something gave way and sprayed oil.all over , lost power steering function immediately

Hoping it's just a hose , my question was what power steering fluid should I use once it's repaired ?

Just dealer recommended or is there a better option ?

ATF+4 transmission fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Zubik View Post
    ATF+4 transmission fluid
    Thanks appreciate it

Shop doesn't have time till next week bit I'm.thinkimg of ordering the updated lines anyways , as I'm pretty sure that's what gave way

Drove to mechanics today and seems like the coolinh system for the engine has shut down as well

So abrupt fluid leak with immediate power steering and cooling system failure

Any ideas guys?

The shop didn't want to to touch it and the performance shop I use is backed up till June

https://www.racingsolutions.com/prod...kit-gen-3.html

Power steering pump powers the cooling fan as well.

Enthusiast
    Gen 3 uses power steering to drive the cooling fan.

Thanks alot guys that puts me at ease

Are the lines DIY friendly?

Any write ups on how to access the pump and wires ?

Assuming it's do e from underneath the car ?

s

Stock probably under 1hr to take pump out and do lines. It’s accessible through top. Take accessory belt off, three bolts out, gives enough clearance to take off all plumbing to the pump. I would imagine your supercharger belt/bracket stuff is in the way. If changing pump, probably have to undo that. If doing just lines can be done from above, but not sure what the supercharger is blocking. There are two high pressure lines running from pump: to steering rack and cooling fan. Very easy to get to with air box out.

Thanks zubik

From.the top with the blower it seems hard to access

I'm hoping it can be accessed from underneath without removing the blower , the first shop I tried refused to touch it , they said it looks like the blower needs to be removed

Hey guys

This is probably a silly question to some but if I want to hook up a battery charger to the engine bay , where do I hook up the negative too?

Some say any bolt is fine but I'd like to know firsure

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Technically just about any bolt with metal contact through the frame would work. But, you can typically find a bolt that is meant to be a ground, as in it has multiple black wires already tightened down. If you look around, you can probably find easy access to a bolt/nut with larger gauge wire(s) that are grounded there.
    Last edited by jpmst3; 05-19-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast