Hey All,

About to pull the trigger on a 2014 GTS (deposit down) and it needs to have certain recalls done before I can import the car into Canada (so it meets the Registrar of Imported Vehicles requirements). The car is located just outside Austin, Texas at Alpha One Motors and it needs the following recalls done:

R40 - Software update
R14 - Door handle switches
P52 - Seat Sensor
R28/R29 - Oil Contamination

As I understand it, a dealer doesn't have to do the recall work in order for the car to get cleared - any garage can can do it but obviously I'm not necessarily looking to "just get it done", I want to make sure it gets done properly - especially with everything I've read about R28/R29. If the recall letter isn't issued, I can't import the car. Would it be a wise option to let Alpha One handle this? If not, is there a Dodge dealer with a good tech or a garage in Austin that anyone on the board could recommend?

I've read some of the recall stuff on the board and if the oil is good, I think you still get an extended warranty on the motor and I just want to make sure that I'm not jeopardizing that extended warranty by taking any shortcuts with the recall work.

Thanks so much,
Johnny