Enthusiast

JonB PartsRack Amazing Service

Holy smokes! I ordered a set of new tires yesterday 3pm and they were at my front door by 1pm today! I was in NO rush, but WOW.....less than 24 hours is dang impressive! On top of that, they were less $$$ than TireRack shipped to my door. Highly recommend JonB @ PartsRack!

this post is perfectly timed. I'm currently looking around at tires now. Seems a lot of sizes are backordered but I'll hit Jon up.

Sidenote I see you're from NC. I'm in Raleigh. Any NC groups to link up with? I'm a relatively new owner as I've only had the car for about 6 months but trying to find local folks to meet with

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
    this post is perfectly timed. I'm currently looking around at tires now. Seems a lot of sizes are backordered but I'll hit Jon up.

Sidenote I see you're from NC. I'm in Raleigh. Any NC groups to link up with? I'm a relatively new owner as I've only had the car for about 6 months but trying to find local folks to meet with
    Click The Club tab and then Regions. Matt runs the Carolina's region. His email and phone number are listed. Great guy and a lot of Viper knowledge in the region.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Click The Club tab and then Regions. Matt runs the Carolina's region. His email and phone number are listed. Great guy and a lot of Viper knowledge in the region.
    thanks so much!!

Enthusiast
    No surprise here guys, in the past I have ordered 5 spokes for my 06, 10 spokes for my 06, Contis from John last year and the guy is spot on with whatever her does.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post

Yessir! Good to meet you. The first event of the year will be at my home.....our annual maintenance day. You can hook up and introduce yourself in our Facebook Group as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/carolinasviperclub/

Enthusiast
    I contacted Jon for some tires and was a bit taken back, he had tires in stock, but when I asked him which ones, and if he could verify the size for me, he wouldn't answer any of my questions. I was highly disappointed.

I was looking forward to ordering tires from him, but will not give money to someone that does not tell me what I'm buying.

Quote Originally Posted by OvenMan View Post
    I contacted Jon for some tires and was a bit taken back, he had tires in stock, but when I asked him which ones, and if he could verify the size for me, he wouldn't answer any of my questions. I was highly disappointed.

I was looking forward to ordering tires from him, but will not give money to someone that does not tell me what I'm buying.
    I think you have to know EXACTLY what you want when you talk to JonB, if you are ready to buy he'll get you the best prices and ship out fast

if you want information or general helpfulness, you won't get it there and he can potentially rub people the wrong way

Enthusiast
    He helps those most who do their homework, narrow down their choices to two or less, and are ready to buy at the lowest prices.

Enthusiast
    My 01 GTS is due for tires. The Toyo R888R's are bald and singing. Love the handling of the Toyos but, predictably, they don't last long.

How do you guys like the Continental Extreme Contact tires? Stock size for my 2001. I like a tire that has responsive handling but am considering the Continentals to get more miles out of them. Are they almost as good as the Michelin SS that are no longer available in stock sizes? How do they handle. Not concerned about wet traction.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    I drive like a normal human being. The Conti's have been fine for 3,500 miles over the last year. They replaced out of the factory 99 date codes so the ride is amazing in comparison. My daily gets driven harder since it is easier and cheaper to fix. Haven't seen many push their Vipers. Have driving in rain multiple times without the other brands face.

Ordered from JonB and had them in less than 24 hours. Maybe he'll chime in on a comparison.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    I drive like a normal human being. The Conti's have been fine for 3,500 miles over the last year. They replaced out of the factory 99 date codes so the ride is amazing in comparison. My daily gets driven harder since it is easier and cheaper to fix. Haven't seen many push their Vipers. Have driving in rain multiple times without the other brands face.

Ordered from JonB and had them in less than 24 hours. Maybe he'll chime in on a comparison.
    Thanks for your response. I really like to carve twisties, so I'm still not sure about these. Anybody else have any thoughts that have driven these tires aggressively?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Thanks for your response. I really like to carve twisties, so I'm still not sure about these. Anybody else have any thoughts that have driven these tires aggressively?
    The Conti’s are great! Have them on my GEN IV and live them. Order a set and you wont be disappointed. Like them better then the pilot super sports I had on the car.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    The Conti’s are great! Have them on my GEN IV and live them. Order a set and you wont be disappointed. Like them better then the pilot super sports I had on the car.
    Thank you. Before the 2 sets of Toyos, I had the Michelin Pilot SS and really liked the way they handled and I got alot of miles out of them. I had read an old thread where it was stated by Continental that the Michelins were their target when they designed them.
    I'll go with them.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    I think you have to know EXACTLY what you want when you talk to JonB, if you are ready to buy he'll get you the best prices and ship out fast

if you want information or general helpfulness, you won't get it there and he can potentially rub people the wrong way
    I started by sending him and email, with the front and rear tire sizes I was looking for, asked if he had stock. His first response was "I don't have you in my 25 year system, can't quote without that" Okay sure, I send him my info. He then shoots be make a grainy picture of some tires and says "Ive got these Michelin's or these Contentials". Sweet, so I ask him which model tires they are, and if he can verify that they are the sizes I was asking for. He replies back "I've sold 5+ million in viper tires, I don't do research for people, if you're a buyer call me". Already thought the was a bit rude, but I need tires like, yesterday, so I call him with credit card in hand. So I call and he answers, he knows who I am, and I say yeah im interested, I just need to know which tires they are so I can decide between the two and verify they are the sizes I want. He goes on about I should look at his social media reviews. Okay great, thats not what I am debating. All I wante to know is if they are the size I am asking for. He says "I don't know what size you want, and i'm not researching it for you." I explain to him I gave him specific size in my first email to him. I tell him I am ready to drop money on tires, what do you have for me? and he says he's got 57 sets he has to get shipped out in the next hour and he doesn't have time for me.

Okay, whatever. If you can't tell me what I am buying, I ain't buying. I did not need him to do any research for me. As a business you only get one shot to make a first impression. I bought tires locally after talking with him, willingly for more money, I will never do business with him, or recommend him.

Just sharing my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    He helps those most who do their homework, narrow down their choices to two or less, and are ready to buy at the lowest prices.
    I don't have people do homework for me. He didn't need to do anything for me, but take my money, and he wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OvenMan View Post
    I started by sending him and email, with the front and rear tire sizes I was looking for, asked if he had stock. His first response was "I don't have you in my 25 year system, can't quote without that" Okay sure, I send him my info. He then shoots be make a grainy picture of some tires and says "Ive got these Michelin's or these Contentials". Sweet, so I ask him which model tires they are, and if he can verify that they are the sizes I was asking for. He replies back "I've sold 5+ million in viper tires, I don't do research for people, if you're a buyer call me". Already thought the was a bit rude, but I need tires like, yesterday, so I call him with credit card in hand. So I call and he answers, he knows who I am, and I say yeah im interested, I just need to know which tires they are so I can decide between the two and verify they are the sizes I want. He goes on about I should look at his social media reviews. Okay great, thats not what I am debating. All I wante to know is if they are the size I am asking for. He says "I don't know what size you want, and i'm not researching it for you." I explain to him I gave him specific size in my first email to him. I tell him I am ready to drop money on tires, what do you have for me? and he says he's got 57 sets he has to get shipped out in the next hour and he doesn't have time for me.

Okay, whatever. If you can't tell me what I am buying, I ain't buying. I did not need him to do any research for me. As a business you only get one shot to make a first impression. I bought tires locally after talking with him, willingly for more money, I will never do business with him, or recommend him.

Just sharing my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have people do homework for me. He didn't need to do anything for me, but take my money, and he wouldn't do it.

Makes sense, I had similar experience trying to ask what tires he has and he gave me the whole spiel about not wanting to do research for people and I ended up buying from tirerack as well.
    I just assume to buy from JonB you basically have to ask for exact tire and exact size with credit card in hand lol, customer service definitely not his strong suit.

I just had virually the same experience, and I did business with him starting back in 2000. Granted I got away from Vipers for the past 10 years but man, not a way to treat customers:

"Bob Z ??

I file inquiries by last name. I cant find you by 'blackbird" or BobZ

We talked about 2 or 3 cars you did not buy, and we provided verbal quotes on tires, cats and exhaust.
    Most recent car was yellow SRT."

I frankly cant allocate more time yet again while you are still shopping cars, as well as shopping parts in several places!"

I never asked about cats and he when he did reply he gave me tire prices in a range but no makes - I asked for PS4s. I checked Tire Rack and Summit Racing (for the Corsa exhaust) since I did not hear back - he now said it went to Spam, but he replied to the others.

Enthusiast
    He has been a great asset to the Viper community and a wealth of knowledge. However, he can be a tad on the abrasive side. But, I think I might be too if I had to deal with the public for that long. I suspect he is more accustomed to dealing with those that know exactly what they want and want it now.

I am not making excuses for him as I had a similar experience. But, I was ultimately able to end with a positive experience and will definitely be calling him again for tires one of these days.

Everyone has their quirks, myself included.
    Last edited by jpmst3; 12-18-2022 at 07:47 PM.

I agree, and I would be willing to give him another shot at my business if he treated me like a customer should be treated.