Thread: Hard Top Help

Hard Top Help

My 2001 RT/10 is missing a tool that is used in securing the hard top (as indicated on page 43 of the owner's manual) on the passenger side, to the window frame. Do you know wher I can purchase this item or does someone have an extra on for sale. It is not available as a single item at Dodge. Thanks for you help. Jack

Enthusiast
    Hi Jack,

It is just an allen key, 5 or 6mm I believe. You really don't need it to undo the top. You should be able to undo the latch with your fingers. The bayonet fittings on the back are a little trickier...you will need to make sure the spring-loaded side of the fitting is pulled away. You access these from the rectangular hole in the bottom of the sport bar pad on both sides of the top. If in doubt, we can meet up and I can show you how to do this. Thanks.

CJ

Enthusiast
    Allen wrench works fine but I prefer my hands, that I way I know my allen wrench wont come loose and scuff up any anything.
    When trying to tighten or loosen those hard top latches, it's helpful to press down on the hard top directly above the latches.