Enthusiast

ACR X seat brackets

Anyone with an X willing to check for me please? I have 2 sets of brackets for Viper Racetech seat. One set of brackets is original to the car. My mechanic removed the seat to refoam it and Yada Yada here I am.

Photo attached. One bracket is one piece per side with Racetech etched on side. Other brackets are 3 piece diy. I know the X has a lot of custom parts, especially aluminum pieces, so I am on the fence which is original.

Thank you all.

20211024_152915.jpg

Bart

Enthusiast
    LATAMUD, I just sent this thread to a friend who has an X...and, has been through several iterations of seats and mounting brackets. If he knows, I will pass info to you.

Enthusiast
    LATAMUD, why don't you just reach out to RaceTech. They are very knowledgeable and sold both the seats and brackets for the X as well as Comp coupes.

They've helped me get a 2nd set of the correct brackets for my Comp Coupe. Prices are reasonable

Their US distributor is in Reno, NV. Very helpful and easy to reach by phone. Good luck, Mike

https://racetech-usa.com/shop/seats/brackets

Enthusiast
    Good idea...as my friend went through several seats and altered brackets that he can't recall which is which.

I have an original set and they both say RACETECH and are single piece. They also are setup to offset the seat so it doesn't hit the trans tunnel.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    I have an original set and they both say RACETECH and are single piece. They also are setup to offset the seat so it doesn't hit the trans tunnel.
    Thank you!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    LATAMUD, why don't you just reach out to RaceTech. They are very knowledgeable and sold both the seats and brackets for the X as well as Comp coupes.

They've helped me get a 2nd set of the correct brackets for my Comp Coupe. Prices are reasonable

Their US distributor is in Reno, NV. Very helpful and easy to reach by phone. Good luck, Mike

https://racetech-usa.com/shop/seats/brackets
    There were only 50 ACR-X cars built, someone on here is 1 of 50 owners. Racetech, they have 100k seats out there, they couldn't care less about a 1/50 car.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LATAMUD View Post
    There were only 50 ACR-X cars built, someone on here is 1 of 50 owners. Racetech, they have 100k seats out there, they couldn't care less about a 1/50 car.
    And you called them and that's what they said??? They were great to me when I needed brackets for my Comp Coupe to fit the same model RaceTech to the passenger side.

Dodge made 127 Comp Coupes for comparison.

Need help with Caster adjustment on Comp Coupe.

A-arms have Monoball and VCC Camber shims.

Current LF caster is +3.0, RF is +3.2. Looking to get both side to around +6.0

How to I make the change? Is it with the aluminum spacers between A-arm and monoball or with the Camber shims?
    The 4 bottom A-Arm monoball spaces are all equal in length.

Currently all the front shims are the "E" shim. LF Camber is -2.5 RF Camber is -2.7
    Would also like to get Camber to the -3.5 range.

Thanks.