Wrecked acr value

I recently joined, I am looking at rebuilding a gts. I see that this car already has a thread posted on it.

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/...US&RowNumber=6

I do body/paint/ metalwork. My skillset exceeds the damage on this vehicle. However, repairing a viper is out of the norm for me! I understand that some parts are obsolete and will be a treasure hunt to find, while others will be very expensive. My goal is to drive a viper and not feel bad about putting miles on it. Thus this is the only way to go.

I buy and repair from the salvage auctions. The crappy thing is that selling prices are not available unless you are present when the car sells. Even then it can be a crapshoot because every vehicle has a reserve and the price the final bid is, may not be the price it sells for.

For this reason, it has been difficult to gauge prices on wrecked vipers. What is throwing me off on this car, is that it is low mileage and that it is an acr. What the car has going against it, is that someone has tampered/ partially dismantled it and the bags are blown. The headlight looks to be tough to replace as well. In this market, thoughts on value AS IS?
    Last edited by Spoolinhard; 09-30-2021 at 11:38 AM.

It's a 99. Car can be viewed at the link above

Enthusiast
    Some of the suspension parts might be hard to find also.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolinhard View Post
    I recently joined, I am looking at rebuilding a gts. I see that this car already has a thread posted on it.

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/...US&RowNumber=6

What the car has going against it, is that someone has tampered/ partially dismantled it and the bags are blown. The headlight looks to be tough to replace as well. In this market, thoughts on value AS IS?
    If you've bought salvage before then the quote above is odd? This Viper had a hard front end collision, blew the bags, sheared off the RF suspension. Beyond the obvious body parts like the hood fascia, etc., the frame is bent, how bad?? The frame damage created the insurance total loss. I'd bet the repair estimate at retail parts & labor prices is $60k or more. Hopefully $10k in used parts is all that's needed. Issue is the frame, front sections are available used reasonably but a ton of labor to swap it out.

Good luck!! Mike

Enthusiast
    Wow - there's a Gen 2 Viper with front end damage! I haven't seen many of those before. And look at that massive dual-element wing on the back. Load down the back, pitch up the front, what could go wrong?

Lower front wishbones are swappable side-to-side. I believe uppers are position specific. Lower frame rails are fairly fixable, uppers are much less so. Probably your hardest parts to find will be headlights. OE shocks are Koni 2812 models. Best place for a new hood would probably be Autoform. They can also sell you a fiberglass fascia as well, and paint them the correct colors for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    If you've bought salvage before then the quote above is odd? This Viper had a hard front end collision, blew the bags, sheared off the RF suspension. Beyond the obvious body parts like the hood fascia, etc., the frame is bent, how bad?? The frame damage created the insurance total loss. I'd bet the repair estimate at retail parts & labor prices is $60k or more. Hopefully $10k in used parts is all that's needed. Issue is the frame, front sections are available used reasonably but a ton of labor to swap it out.

Good luck!! Mike
    Negative. If you look, you will see that the front suspension has been unbolted and taken off on the driver side. If you look at the lower control arm, you will see that both the nut and bolt have been placed back in the control arm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone who can answer my question on value?

Enthusiast
    My swag is $35-40k. It's a desirable low mile car with fairly localized damage.

Thanks for the comments. Did some looking, appears airbags and headlight to be an issue sourcing.

Enthusiast
    I have allot of the hard to find parts for that car but man they are expensive.

Enthusiast
    I was reading a how-to thread here about Gen 2 vs Gen 3/4 steering wheels. The guy said the master splines are 90 degrees off, but could be made to work. He also said the air bag and plug are the same. The center cover is obviously an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbccenter View Post
    I have allot of the hard to find parts for that car but man they are expensive.
    I will keep you in mind should I end up with the car. I've found the answers for what I have been looking for, just a waiting game now. It could be a while before it goes up for sale.

I wonder what the switches are in the ashtray below the parking brake handle.