Enthusiast

Need help shipping my viper

VOA Forum,

I am doing another military move relocating to the west coast, and need to ship or trailer my viper. Ideally, I would like to ship it (open or closed), but was looking to the forum to see if anyone had ever done this before? I am going from Jacksonville, FL to Los Angeles, CA in November. Hopefully someone here has some experience with it, and I had shipped my viper once before but now their prices are outrageous. I can not buy a trailer since I will have nowhere to put it once I move... sadly.

IMG_3219 (1).jpgIMG_3217 (1).jpg

Any information on reputable companies would be great - thanks!

Very respectfully,

Tony

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    That giant rear Diffuser is gonna be an issue.... the front snowplow wont help.

Good Luck! 3-day drive?

Thanks for your service

Enthusiast
    What in tarnation..

Reliable has shipped my Vipers 6+ times without any surprises or issue. Dates and prices have been upfront and adhered to. Professionalism of drivers has been outstanding as has been customer service. They're quite busy now with a surge of car shipping.. they can do a convenience load or a dedicated load if you are.

Enthusiast
    I use Reliable.

Digging the aero. Do you track it, or just for looks?

Enthusiast
    That car looks demonic. Love it!

Enthusiast
    A couple of points based on my accumulated experiences...both personal and from "our local posse":

I try very hard to avoid brokers...for the very fact that the move will fall to unknowns who may or may not have experience with Vipers let alone the cars with aero and/or have been lowered. To many of these hired hands. It's just another car...covered by some sort of insurance.

I have had excellent experiences with Intercity, Horesless Carriage, and Reliable (in the days when Reliable was hauling Vipers all the time for the factory). Fortunately, the Indy area snowbirds are very well served by our local Classic Car Carriers who make regular north-south runs to Florida...noting they are very much a limited route company but their people have lots of classic car experience for both individuals as well as a well known racing museum. Contact the classic car guys in your area for info on possible similar companies.

Speak to a factory authorized Rolls or Bentley dealer in your area for additional input.

The key to success is buy-in by the company and the driver team...both of whom rely on a reputation for damage free good service. There used to be a published database on carriers and any "incidents"...but I have not looked for it lately.

Having arranged the interstate shipping of one ACR E in the owner's absence (but with permission), I would definitely remove the strakes from the diffuser, bag them along with the fasteners, and store them in the car. This was quite easy for me to do with a couple of tools, a floor jack, and a jack stand. While I have not personally removed a front splitter on an ACR E ( at least not yet), I would also consider removing it as well.

"Navy", correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Uncle Sam pay for your move? If not, they should in my opinion.

Best of luck with your move of that fantastic Viper !!

UPDATE: Just consulted with my connections in the Navy...Sadly, it does not sound as though they would pay to ship your car. Sorry...but I still stand by my suggestion that they should !!
    Last edited by Steve-Indy; 09-21-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Enthusiast
    I have used several and Have Found Intercity to be the best

Give me a call...Frank Barba. 717 648 5651

Enthusiast
    ^^^ Frank's the man.

Enthusiast
    While I am under the impression that Frank has retired from active Viper transporting, I am SURE that if Frank has a referral name or two for you, they will be solid, good folks. Call Frank !!

Enthusiast
    I'm sure Frank will have a something for you. If not, I used Cars Enclose Inc out of Wichita, KS. Terry Berry is the owner/operator, (785) 743-5349. Fantastic Experience! Brought mine from Redding, CA along with a metric ton of stock parts to Indianapolis, IN for a reasonable sum.

IMG_1528.jpg