Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking to buy a GTS.

Here's the skinny:

I have a friend that is looking to get back into a GTS. He previously owned a 97 B/W, sold it for a C6Z and now realizes the gravity of his mistake The Z is gone and he has the Viper bug again.

I told him I would cast a net here and see what comes to the surface. He'd like to stay in the low 40s in price as possible with less then 40K miles. As for color, he's not ruling anything out but red and steel grey take a back seat to the other colors (especially yellow or a silver/blue combo). While mods are always welcome, he'd like to pick up one closer to stock if he could with no paintwork.

He has cash in hand and is ready to pull the trigger if a the right car comes along. If you have or know of anything online, shoot me a PM and I can give you his contact email.

Thanks.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Check the likely suspects of TheViperExchange on the sponsor page here, as well as Roanoke Motors on the sponsor link button above. Woodhouse is also on that page. ALL THREE take a bunch of trades..... BAXTER might have a few, try them on that page?

You also might google up Marv H. Rose Co, a respected broker-seller in CA.

Where is this buyer located?

Enthusiast
    The True North Strong and Free Ontario, Canada
    I am always curious why the person who is looking for this sort of car is not enthusiastic enough to ask themselves. Never could understand when people are posting for others.

Quote Originally Posted by slitherv10 View Post
    I am always curious why the person who is looking for this sort of car is not enthusiastic enough to ask themselves. Never could understand when people are posting for others.
    Especially since the OP only has 1 post. So he joined to ask on behalf of his friend?

Enthusiast
    The True North Strong and Free Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Menace View Post
    Especially since the OP only has 1 post. So he joined to ask on behalf of his friend?
    Exactly !! Puzzling.

V1P3R
    Goin' fishin'

Enthusiast
    Grimlock, encourage your friend to register here and start getting involved -- the search is more rewarding that way.

JonB, he is in Alabama. Thanks for the info. Heading over to their sites now...

I myself am a longtime viper fanboy and have had an account on the VCA site for over 7 years (Different screen name) Though, I'm not quite yet established enough career wise to swing my own purchase, I jumped at the chance to help out a friend that has never been much of a forums guy with his search. He has since created an account over on the Alley and I'll see if I can get him to create one here.

Hey Guys, I am the guy Grimlock has been referring to. I do not do forums.... Not much time due to family obligations. But... I had 97 B/W with 8K Miles on it. I had an 03 C5 Z06 (11K Mi) before the Viper and an C6 Z06 (2K mi) then an XKR Coupe. I was about to get another C5 Z06... this one a commemorative edition with 3800 mi BUT BUT.... Grimlock asked me a key question.. "Which car do you miss?" (I have had several muscle cars over the years). My answer was instant.... THE VIPER!! So I looked at my budget and got the nod from the Boss Lady. So here I am. I found an 01 all yellow GTS in Dallas claimed to be a museum piece with 8K mi.... a Viper owner there put me in touch with Brandon Piper of BSP Motorsports (who works on racing vipers). This guy closed his shop early and drove across Dallas to perform the inspection. Best 185 bucks I have ever spent. He was fantastic! Anyway, The car was a piece of junk. Within 10 min I had another deal made in Denver on a 1 owner ACR with 10k mi. Much better car. Inspection will be completed this morning. Enclosed transport to Alabama is standing by. Yeeha! the forums and Grimlock have been invaluable. Thanks

Enthusiast
    Sounds like you found yourself a winner! Glad you're getting back in the saddle with another Viper. Welcome to the VOA forums!

CJ thanks. Inspection passed with flying colors and completed paperwork and money wired. Waiting on the enclosed transporter.

It's just nice how things work out sometimes! Post some more details on the ACR!

Indy, I most certainly will! Still no word on the enclosed transport. Since Easter is upon us it may be more difficult to get a transport this week but I am hopeful. I plan to resurrect my old tag if I can.... "CLWNSHU". I feel like Christmas will never get here.

01 Bumble Bee ACR arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feoc7 View Post
    Indy, I most certainly will! Still no word on the enclosed transport. Since Easter is upon us it may be more difficult to get a transport this week but I am hopeful. I plan to resurrect my old tag if I can.... "CLWNSHU". I feel like Christmas will never get here.
    The car was even better than described! 94oo miles confirmed one owner with all original paint. I have not been able to find a flaw. I have ordered my CLWNSHU tag and have been driving it to work on nice days.

Enthusiast
    Glad the car is better than expected. Post some pics when you have time.

Enthusiast
    Welcome to the VOA, lets see some pics of that Beast.

Bruce

feoc7, welcome to the VOA site. its nice to have another paxton love here
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    feoc7, welcome to the VOA site. its nice to have another paxton love here
    Pluscrazy gets around!

http://

I hope this one works

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Last

Enthusiast
    Great looking acr!

Enthusiast
    Congrats on the Viper!

Enthusiast
    Awesome!

Thanks.... Thousand percent better than the 97 i had in terms of condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast