Enthusiast

IN KY VOA FYI on service shop in Central Indiana

For anyone that needs work done but keeps putting it off as Sessions hasn't been to Indy for going on two years, this post is for you.

Per Steve-Indy's recommendation, I took my gen 2 over to Phil's Auto off 38th street in hopes that he could finally resolve my random high idle. While the shop looks rough on the outside, there is plenty going on, on the inside. First thing I noticed pulling in was a gen 2 gtsr front and center. Personally- seeing that there kind of helped reduce my anxiety haha. Spoke to Phil for 30 mins or so and he has quite the history with Dodge/Chrysler and Vipers specifically. I did have to schedule my shop time nearly a month in advance and the car has been there for going on 48 hours now. It's a two man team and as far as I can tell he is the only one who touches the Vipers so I suspect the turnaround time won't be lightning fast.

I will report back throughout the experience.

Enthusiast
    Took the car in on a Tuesday and got it back by Friday. Not bad for a shop with 2 guys and only one of them being a Viper tech. He was good at communicating what was going on and where he was at in the process which I appreciated. 10/10 would use him again. My car finally idles right and it feels so good!

Enthusiast
    Phil's Auto is no more. Owner of the building sold and now Phil has no shop.

Enthusiast
    Sad situation...especially for Phil who is a 25 year friend, excellent Viper Tech, and an all around good guy. Given the short notice by the out of town new owners, I HOPE that Phil can find another location nearby. He has a ton of customers in that area...to whom, he feels quite loyal.