Bruce H.

The Viper Club of Ontario is setting many World Records I believe

Here's a partial list...

-30 days of events in one 6 month long Canadian driving season must be some kind of a local Viper Club World Record!

-8 Track Days on 5 different tracks must be another World Record! (was 10... but, well, Covid restrictions)

-4 high volume Viper selling Dodge dealer Club Sponsors with 6 highly experienced Viper Techs between them should clinch another World Record.

But what I can tell you with absolute certainty is that it's just an AWESOME time to be a Viper Owner and Viper Club of Ontario Member in Ontario!

Having more Viper fun in 2021!

Cheers,

Bruce

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Here's a partial list...

-30 days of events in one 6 month long Canadian driving season must be some kind of a local Viper Club World Record!

-8 Track Days on 5 different tracks must be another World Record! (was 10... but, well, Covid restrictions)

-4 high volume Viper selling Dodge dealer Club Sponsors with 6 highly experienced Viper Techs between them should clinch another World Record.

But what I can tell you with absolute certainty is that it's just an AWESOME time to be a Viper Owner and Viper Club of Ontario Member in Ontario!

Having more Viper fun in 2021!

Cheers,

Bruce
    You guys are doing it right! And props to the local Dodge dealers for being a part of it.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    CONGRATS ! See Molson Note Below

HISSSSTORY-Trivia

Guess what was the FIRST international Viper Club? BC CANADA! (Spun-Off Pac-NW VCA 1995)

First Prez: ME !!

I Ceded to Gordon Roberts after Molson Indy 1995. His Viper was in Indy-500 Festival Parade, as "Polesitter" car 1996.

BC CANADA OWNERS: IF YOU WERE at either 1995 MOLSON INDY, I HAVE A GREAT MEMENTO FOR YOU.

Email me JonB@Partsrack.com

Enthusiast
    You are just crushing it, Bruce!!! Well done. This weekend is our "4 tracks in 48 hours" weekend. Its only two tracks, but we change direction after lunch both days.

Bruce H.
    Thanks guys. I feel that helping to strengthen the Viper community is so important, for many reasons.

I'm incredibly thankful that the Dodge dealers that sold most of the Vipers in Ontario are standing with us long after they sold their last new Viper. They are mostly Viper owners themselves, VOA members, they all have excellent Viper mechanics, and they're all generous club sponsors. I wish all VOA region members had this kind of club and technical support available locally.

Jon, that's interesting about B.C., are you from BC?

Doug, good job doubling your # of tracks! I don't think I've ever driven a track I wouldn't like to run backwards...although that would have the potential for some carnage at the end of some straights.

Enthusiast
    Doug, good job doubling your # of tracks! I don't think I've ever driven a track I wouldn't like to run backwards...although that would have the potential for some carnage at the end of some straights.

At two tracks, our group is the only one that has run backwards and in both cases the tracks weren't designed for that. So we do a complete safety audit first, including my partner and I working up to speed in our own cars. Once we identify the safety concerns we address them. Often, that involves putting a chicane towards the end of a straight, as you alluded to in your comment. Pit entry and exit presents some challenges but we figure that out. And we reposition our ambulance and fire / rescue crew for the fastest access should an incident occur. We also advise our insurer and so far, they've been fine with everything.

It's working well. And it's incredible how different everything is... when you change direction it's a brand new track!