For Sale & Bring A Trailer & Price Check Sub Section

Maybe it’s time to create one? Since every day there is a new thread with a a car that is on the market, keep all the new topics in one area people can look at rather than littering them all over?

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Interesting suggestion. But not my call. I like the idea since I also see it as "littering".

Still there are concerns:

• Would a specific forum area with "outside listings" hurt members interested in selling their cars
    • How would it affect our classified section
    • Are we going to include all "outside websites" (Ebay, Car.com, Autotrader, etc.)

Nothing is as simple as it often seems.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    I'm not sure I would call it littering, as they are the most active threads on this forum...always.

I find it incredibly annoying that people would rather comment on the value, or perceiving value of a Viper, rather than spring rates, compression settings, heads/cams, etc etc etc.

But then again, I'm obviously in the minority as most of the technical/track threads only garnish a dozen or so posts.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Interesting suggestion. But not my call. I like the idea since I also see it as "littering".

Still there are concerns:

• Would a specific forum area with "outside listings" hurt members interested in selling their cars
    • How would it affect our classified section
    • Are we going to include all "outside websites" (Ebay, Car.com, Autotrader, etc.)

Nothing is as simple as it often seems.
    It’s only as complicated as we choose to make it. We have a stagnant SRT & New section that hasn’t seen a post on 3 years.

And as the most active and near daily posts recently, what is so hard about adding a section below the SRT news section where members can share the several new Vipers that pop up for sale weekly. People can post their threads asking what their Viper is worth there. We can keep the discussions in one section.

Leaving the Gen specific sections Gen specific, not burying other topics making easier to search in the future.

Just think years from now, if there are hundreds of threads in a Gen V section dedicated to 1 car that was for sale that 1 time on that 1 site, how annoying it would be to go through and look for real relevant info.

Now multiply the at through the 3 different Gen sections.

Seems to me it’s a simple solution. Create a new section. Move all these recent threads there and ask members to start new ones there.

Nothing complicated about it. It has nothing to do with the classified section, we allow these topics already. They are just scattered all over the forum currently.