Thread: Water Pump Help

Water Pump Help

Ok...our 2001 is slipping for sure (gets hot under load). Having problems sourcing. Had one on reserve with ROE who was expecting shipment from Mopar this week...just got word that it will be one or two more months

Anyone have a source for an in-stock 2001 waterpump? Hate having the viper laid up for months waiting for a water pump

Only person I know that has (or had) one recently is 99RT10&GTS at Viper Alley. Maybe ping him over there to see if he still has one as I don't believe he's a member here anymore.

Or you can send the OE one off to be rebuilt (what I'm in the process of) here - https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...build-Services

Or see if you can find a rebuilt one. Believe the only option left is the Cardone units which are hit or miss. Took me almost half a dozen attempts to get one in from Rock Auto that even had a machined gasket surface vs pitted/sand blasted and painted over. I'm having my OE rebuilt as I'm just not confident in the Cardone unit but some have had good luck with theirs.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    I have several good used and a fresh Cardone but no one likes any of those.

BTW the bead blasted surface isn't any issue that a thin layer of blue Permatex won't solve.

you could send your stock one off to FlowKooler and get is rebuilt with a highflow impeller. I think it is a pretty quick turnaround. Read through the thread posted about 5 down from this one.