Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Autocross Track at Lime Rock EXPANDED AND REPAVED Drive it July 24 sign up now

Hey everyone, the 2021 NYCTVOA event at Lime Rock's Autocross is going to be even better than ever, thanks to some investments the new owners have made at Lime Rock

Check out this picture of the facility updates... new straightaway uphill connecting turn 1 with the skid pad! Fresh pavement everywhere!

Lime Rock AutoX Updates 2021.jpg

Enthusiast
    All signed up and ready to roll! Thanks Ed for help organizing our Marquee event yet again.

You DO NOT want to miss it this year! Our Vipers can totally dominate this setup. If you missed participating over the last couple of years, then your
    interest should be reinvigorated.

For those who are new to the club or haven't partaken in this event in the past, we'd strongly consider signing up. This is essentially a full day car control clinic in a very safe environment (no walls). We'll have coaching staff on hand for ride-alongs and advise. You WILL leave a better snake handler at the end of the day. We've never seen an unhappy camper at one of these events.

This event sold out last year and IT WILL sell out this year; especially given the added course layout. The subsidized member price is $160 which gets you a full day at our private event with coaching. You'd spend much more if you tried sign up at a public event and then only get a half day. There will be giveaways and prizes for those who attend.

It's going to be like the first time, on the course, of course.

...Also I heard there could be a really entertaining Steve VS Steve daily driver battle as an exhibition ...

THE LIST

Mike B.
    Steve K.
    Steve D.
    Ed
    Courtney
    Matt A.
    Viper Tony
    DENNIS !
    Nic
    Alicia
    Travis K.
    Don
    Kyle
    Karl
    Greg W
    Rock
    RI-Viper
    AnalogMike
    Mike T
    Rich H
    Jacob M
    Basil K (C8 Vette)
    Matthew I (R8)
    Matthew V (GTR)
    Last edited by SlateEd; 07-04-2021 at 11:59 PM. Reason: List is Growing.....

Will this be a timed event, as usual, to qualify for the year-end runoffs?

Looking forward to the new course!

Quote Originally Posted by analogmike View Post
    Will this be a timed event, as usual, to qualify for the year-end runoffs?

Looking forward to the new course!
    Hey Mike!

As far as I know, we will have qualifying during this event. I have not confirmed that with LRP, but will drop them a line this week. Hope to see you there!!

Enthusiast
    I'm a member but don't wanna race my viper. Could i bring another vehicle???

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RI-Viper View Post
    That's fine by me.

Enthusiast
    And it's not an event to be missed! If you haven't been to Limerock before it's well worth the trip. The NY/CT VOA regions know how to put on a fast, fun, safe event! Can't imagine how awesome it must be now with everything fresh and smoothed out. Someone might have a chance at completing a full lap around the skid pad now.

--RS

Quote Originally Posted by Schen View Post
    And it's not an event to be missed! If you haven't been to Limerock before it's well worth the trip. The NY/CT VOA regions know how to put on a fast, fun, safe event! Can't imagine how awesome it must be now with everything fresh and smoothed out. Someone might have a chance at completing a full lap around the skid pad now.

--RS
    Thanks Ron! Of course you're welcome to join us again this year!

sure! All VOA members are welcome, and you can bring something other than your Viper.

Timing for AxIS - YES!

here's the quote from Lime Rock:

"In regards to the timing portion of AxiS, we will actually be using two layouts to time you guys. So you will have the choice (and by "choice" I mean your group decides collectively which one you guys want to run) of either the original lower 1/2 course layout (3 timed laps) , or the original (last years) full course with the bus stop on top (2 timed laps)."

Enthusiast
    FULL COURSE!

The roundy-round bus stop stuff is neat, but full course is where it's at!

--RS

Enthusiast
    Well that's interesting. I wonder how they're going to do the Top 30 if there are different formats for the groups.

I think I'd prefer the full course as well, but will definitely be tighter with only two hot laps.

I'm sure ACR Steve will chew on which course is best for timing for us :-)

Of course, we will run full course plus the new stuff to make it full-course-extreme during the day.

Got your signup! Looking forward to meeting you!

Enthusiast
    i own 2 vipers one viper is setup for 1/2 mile racing 1500 hp(mamba black one) other yellow ones stock, but my corvette setup for a roadcoarse sorry!!!! i been to the NEV4 in Miami and raced at homestead and i spun out twice in my 05 yellow srt10 had Michelins on it on 19s. vette has a wide body and toyo r888r. cant wait!!!!

Enthusiast
    i own 2 vipers one viper is setup for 1/2 mile racing 1500 hp(mamba black one) other yellow ones stock, but my corvette setup for a roadcoarse sorry!!!! i been to the NEV4 in Miami and raced at homestead and i spun out twice in my 05 yellow srt10 had Michelins on it on 19s. vette has a wide body and toyo r888r. cant wait!!!!

Awesome! No need to justify, though I wanna see the 1/2 mile monster, well just because.

It’s going to be a great time as usual. Everyone has a blast. Catch you there!

Oh cool - I think we met at Homestead. I was working the grid on Friday afternoon.

Enthusiast
    Can’t believe we’re only days out now! This is going to be awesome with the repave and new layout.

We’re excited to announce the following awards:
    1st Place - Official timed daily run
    2nd Place - Official timed daily run
    3rd Place - Official timed daily run

Best Off Course Excursion

Most Improved Driver

Slower Steve Award - If you know, you know

Special Dennis Award

Hope you guys have a great time!

Be sure to take plenty of footage and post for us to enjoy.

Be safe
    Have fun

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetalonguy View Post
    Can’t believe we’re only days out now! This is going to be awesome with the repave and new layout.

Special Dennis Award
    May I PLEEEEASSSEEE be the judge of this award? I may have a bag of marbles left over from our Vegas trip to hand out.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    May I PLEEEEASSSEEE be the judge of this award? I may have a bag of marbles left over from our Vegas trip to hand out.
    Sure, you can bestow the award of Excellence!

I’m in for the special award!

Enthusiast
    anyone know the kid (was there with his father) that was taking pics at the event??? just trying to get some pics of my corvette spinning out into the dirt. also btw that u for the Special award!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast