Enthusiast

NARRA going to Road Atlanta!

NARRA has a huge event lined up for Road Atlanta the weekend of April 11. Bring your Viper for some big fun. There are both wheel to wheel and timed events (for those less daring or less familiar with their snake). This is a world class track. Check it out at www.narraonline.com

Russ, is a GT3-R in your future? Looks like Knox needs a teammate out there

Enthusiast
    I'll let you know at the end of this season. Dan should be thrilled with his GT-3R. (I'm thrilled with my new Gen V)

Is this event open for spectating? We thought about coming to race but our car needs some work done unfortunately. May want to come watch though.

Isn't the club going up there in a group that weekend?

I've talked to Joel about it, but I'm not sure what the plan is. The event manager contacted me and Jim talked to Joel as well. I'll be out of town at a race in Savannah, so I won't make it. It will just be spectating though unless you plan on w2w or TT.

Here is the deal. They are not going to have HPDE this year so many folks who wanted to get their cars on the track won't have the opportunity. That's the bad news. The good news is that they have a full schedule of racing with F1600, 2000, Atlantic, GT, Viper Cup, Radical and time trials on tap for Saturday and Sunday. Friday is a testing/time trials day. Here is a link to the schedule:
    https://app.box.com/s/7m79zdpf3860s2d5ecj6

Some of our racers and racer wannabes are going to the NASA event in Savannah so we won't have the contingent we did last year. But there will be parade laps both Saturday and Sunday so there is a chance to get out on the track and Road Atlanta is one of the most fun rides around - even if it is just one lap. Jim Stout called me and said they would arrange a car corral for us if we wanted. If you need additional info, please pm or email me. Last year there was no charge for entry and the racing was good. I am going to see who wants to go this week and we'll work out travel then. The racing will be quite good and Jim and Kathy Stout have new Gen V cars I think. The Formula cars provide very good racing and the GT/Viper Cup races are loud and fast.
    Last edited by Joel; 03-31-2014 at 08:02 AM.

I learned of the no DE thing recently as well. I did TT 2 years ago but the classes are less numerous for Vipers so I'd have to "play up" and they're GOOD. I plan on stopping in to breathe the 112 anyhow. ;-)

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    BUMP! See Y'all There !