I just listed ACRx 24 in the Classifieds if interested

Moving on down to a spec series. Gonna stop the HPDE and TT and run fender to fender.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    Moving on down to a spec series. Gonna stop the HPDE and TT and run fender to fender.
    Which spec series?

Enthusiast
    Before you sell, let me swap you engines. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Which spec series?
    cough.....cough......944

Sorry to hear that you're stepping out of the Viper...You gonna miss it..! GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Sorry to hear that you're stepping out of the Viper...You gonna miss it..! GLWS
    I still have the white one, though it's a street car.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Before you sell, let me swap you engines. lol
    won't work in the CC without a shit ton of work from what I am told, sorry. Maybe you can take it on trade for some new ford?

Enthusiast
    won't work in the CC without a shit ton of work from what I am told, sorry. Maybe you can take it on trade for some new ford?
    I've thought about doing a full gen 4/5 swap...

As soon as I actually get inventory back, would be more than happy to trade for it. lol It would be easier for me to justify running ballast in the VCC and I can in TTU with this car and TT1 with the VCC.

Enthusiast
    Great move, nothing beats racing! A whole different track experience.

Wish I could afford to track a Viper regularly - would be so cool to own a factory Viper racecar.

Is Spec 944 a big group where you are? Seems nothing beats Spec Miata entry counts, but have seen Spec46 growing in certain markets.

SoCal. The NASA group is about 30 cars though not all run every time. There are 5 of us that just decided to go that direction, one other Viper guy. I need to get my medical forms sign off then I am good to go other than additional equipment like radios, cameras etc. Its a good group with a ton of comradery.

Enthusiast
    If you are not totally committed to the 944, you should take a look at the rapidly growing spec-C5 Corvette series - faster, probably no more expensive. It's like a Miata on steroids!

is that still mainly a west coast group or has it started to catch on other placeS?

Enthusiast
    SoCal. The NASA group is about 30 cars though not all run every time. There are 5 of us that just decided to go that direction, one other Viper guy. I need to get my medical forms sign off then I am good to go other than additional equipment like radios, cameras etc. Its a good group with a ton of comradery.
    Sounds like a great time! The new NASA SoCal director is an old racing friend of mine from SCCA Mid-Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    If you are not totally committed to the 944, you should take a look at the rapidly growing spec-C5 Corvette series - faster, probably no more expensive. It's like a Miata on steroids!
    Pappy, I'm going budget and because I know some of the folks already. I have a car that race teched. It's a bit fugly outside so I may paint it or wrap it then again I may leave it like it is for awhile. They seem easy to drive at the limit which is floored most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    Sounds like a great time! The new NASA SoCal director is an old racing friend of mine from SCCA Mid-Atlantic.
    Is that Rich?

Enthusiast

- - - Updated - - -

Is that Rich?
    Mike C.

Enthusiast
    Good luck Carl, we'll miss you at the Viper events!! I know I'll run into you at some of the NASA events, I''ll be there in the fall at BW. Hope to have the paddles all set up. I''' bet your X sells quickly, its a great car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Good luck Carl, we'll miss you at the Viper events!! I know I'll run into you at some of the NASA events, I''ll be there in the fall at BW. Hope to have the paddles all set up. I''' bet your X sells quickly, its a great car!!!
    I still have the White "real" ACR-E for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by catwood; 05-29-2021 at 11:01 AM.