Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: TA Thread

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't completed? Maybe the info just wasn't updated as has been the case.
    That would mean Tomball sold the car with open recalls on it undone. Can you even do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth78 View Post
    Can the dealership that has it now sell it without completing the R28?
    Yes, a USED car with open recalls can be sold by a dealer; but, not a new car.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...ls-tightens-up

Enthusiast
    The recalls haven't been done. Would you guys say this is worth taking the risk? Heading down there now to make the deal but worried about the open recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator02 View Post
    The recalls haven't been done. Would you guys say this is worth taking the risk? Heading down there now to make the deal but worried about the open recalls.
    No don't risk it. Let me know if you pass on the car, then I'll make the trip to Ohio and take the risk. I think it would be cool having a TA1 and a TA2.

I literally just completely lost interest in the car knowing the R28 was not performed. For me I cannot take such a risk. As for someone with deeper pockets then mine, I guess that is up to the individual to decide.

Enthusiast
    If this fails r28 would I definitely be screwed from engine replacement? I know one member is having issues but his engine failed before the test. If I have the recall done first would that help my claim? I'd imagine it's easier to pass the buck fo someone who has engine failure prior to having the recall performed?

Enthusiast
    Also would some Ken be willing to get ahold of Tomball to see the deal or the previous owner as I'm on the road headed to Ohio. Would love if the club could help me in this process. There are some major pros and cons

Can a factory warranty be purchased for a car thats been owned by 3-4 people as long as the miles are low?

What about this car being cammed, would that affect the warranty?

Enthusiast
    Would the dealer be willing to perform the recall prior to sale? Great deal to be had, worth the extra effort if possible.

this car may very well have had the R28 done, but the invoice was closed on the R29... Thus leaving R28 open... This seems to happening to several others. R28 done, but still showing open.

If it were me, I'd call Tomball and talk to them about the car. I don't care who you are, $7X,000 is a bit of change. R28 may show not completed but have actually been done, if the dealer doesn't go back in the system when the results letter comes back from Prefix and actually enter the results and close it out, then it looks like it wasn't done, when in fact it was. Tomball would know based on the VIN. I couldn't imagine buying this car without talking to someone at Tomball first, it's just a phone call, to see what background you find out. A tell tale sign that the above may have happened is if the R29 is showing it was done but R28 is showing it wasn't. Both of those occur on the same work order, so it'd be beyond amazing that R29 was done with doing R28, they are both instructed on the same sheet .. and this is why the R28 stays open until the results are entered later. This has happened to a bunch of guys, I had to call on mine and the dealer took care of it with SRT in one day. I too can't imagine Tomball of all places didn't do the recalls, that would blow my mind, but ...

Regardless of the recall, if the motor lets go, I'd presume it's on you period. We have an owner with a brand new car and literally the mildest mod you can do to the car who lost the motor and SRT is denying it, and this car has H/C, etc., it essentially has no drivetrain warranty anymore. I'd also ask Tomball if the 12/12 warranty they provide on the H/C install is still active if you buy. This is the only way I'd consider this car, if the motor goes, this $79K deal will turn into a $100K+ deal over night.

If this fails r28 would I definitely be screwed from engine replacement? I know one member is having issues but his engine failed before the test. If I have the recall done first would that help my claim? I'd imagine it's easier to pass the buck fo someone who has engine failure prior to having the recall performed?
    Myself as to anyone can only speculate but I would have to assume since this motor has been partially disassembled/reassembled, and the fact that it is now making an extra 100HP, Chrysler might have more of a leg to stand on in regards to possible bearing failure. Just my .02

Also would some Ken be willing to get ahold of Tomball to see the deal or the previous owner as I'm on the road headed to Ohio. Would love if the club could help me in this process. There are some major pros and cons
    Dude, pull in somewhere and grab lunch, and call Tomball, you're driving towards a gold nugget or a turd .... one call could answer it all. Excited for you, hoping it's all good, sounds good, but I think you need to be sure, to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    If it were me, I'd call Tomball and talk to them about the car. I don't care who you are, $7X,000 is a bit of change. R28 may show not completed but have actually been done, if the dealer doesn't go back in the system when the results letter comes back from Prefix and actually enter the results and close it out, then it looks like it wasn't done, when in fact it was. Tomball would know based on the VIN. I couldn't imagine buying this car without talking to someone at Tomball first, it's just a phone call, to see what background you find out. A tell tale sign that the above may have happened is if the R29 is showing it was done but R28 is showing it wasn't. Both of those occur on the same work order, so it'd be beyond amazing that R29 was done with doing R28, they are both instructed on the same sheet .. and this is why the R28 stays open until the results are entered later. This has happened to a bunch of guys, I had to call on mine and the dealer took care of it with SRT in one day. I too can't imagine Tomball of all places didn't do the recalls, that would blow my mind, but ...

Regardless of the recall, if the motor lets go, I'd presume it's on you period. We have an owner with a brand new car and literally the mildest mod you can do to the car who lost the motor and SRT is denying it, and this car has H/C, etc., it essentially has no drivetrain warranty anymore. I'd also ask Tomball if the 12/12 warranty they provide on the H/C install is still active if you buy. This is the only way I'd consider this car, if the motor goes, this $79K deal will turn into a $100K+ deal over night.
    Perfectly said.

Enthusiast
    I can't imagine Morgan would have done the H/C without doing R28.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximan1 View Post
    this car may very well have had the R28 done, but the invoice was closed on the R29... Thus leaving R28 open... This seems to happening to several others. R28 done, but still showing open.
    This is the case with my car.

Enthusiast
    What do you mean when you say, "the recalls have not been done?" Have you verified that with a Dodge dealer, specifically Tomball, or possibly the previous owners?
    When I look at the recall website, I see only ONE "recall" not completed, r28, not several "recalls." As others have stated, that may be a paperwork mistake; or, it may be that no one wanted to take the risk that it would fail r28, and cause a delay in a sale.

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsResults.aspx
    Last edited by AZTVR; 07-21-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSmith View Post
    I can't imagine Morgan would have done the H/C without doing R28.
    I agree. I'll bet its a clerical error. Nonetheless a factory warranty is absolutely out the window now so hopefully Tomball has some warranty on their job for some peace of mind for a potential buyer. The dealer who has this car is clueless.

By the way....when I owned it I never did ANY of the recalls so they HAD to have all been done at Tomball. Seat track, door opener etc.
    They wouldn't have skipped the most vital one.
    Last edited by ViperJon; 07-21-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    What do you mean when you say, "the recalls have not been done?" Have you verified that with a Dodge dealer, specifically Tomball, or possibly the previous owners?
    When I look at the recall website, I see only ONE "recall" not completed, r28, not "recalls." As others have stated, that may be a paperwork mistake; or, it may be that no one wanted to take the risk that it would fail r28, and cause a delay in a sale.

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...ADEAZ3EV200033
    All I can say is who would invest that kind of money (H&C) into a car and then get rid of it almost immediately. Something just doesn't add up.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    I agree. I'll bet its a clerical error. Nonetheless a factory warranty is absolutely out the window now so hopefully Tomball has some warranty on their job for some peace of mind for a potential buyer. The dealer who has this car is clueless.

By the way....when I owned it I never did ANY of the recalls so they HAD to have all been done at Tomball. Seat track, door opener etc.
    They wouldn't have skipped the most vital one.
    I just can't comprehend how someone could pay $9xk for your car, $15k for H/C then sell it for <$80k lol

Enthusiast
    I'm all set. Going to finalize the deal. Thanks guys.

Awesome, keep us posted. Good Luck!

Enthusiast
    Congrats...post some pics & a vid of that wonderful medoly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSmith View Post
    I just can't comprehend how someone could pay $9xk for your car, $15k for H/C then sell it for <$80k lol
    I think the last owner sold to a broker, who knows how that deal went, it was for export and some of those deals are enticing with good money from abroad, then the broker ran into an issue exporting due to emissions (from what I read, most likely due to the VE pkg, maybe no cats or non-compliant hiflows), and the deal probably fell thru, so the broker probably got to keep some deposit chunk of change and didn't care too much about the trade $, just wanted to turn over the cash and move on to another deal. Perfect alignment of the stars for Term02 ... hec, if there wasn't the emissions issue/thing, I'd have called on it myself, great for a trackday car for the money, but MD has the plug-in emissions every 2 years and I can't risk that BS.

Remember Term ... post pics or it didn't happen, lol!!

Enthusiast
    Who will be the 5th owner? sorry I couldn't resist

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I think the last owner sold to a broker, who knows how that deal went, it was for export and some of those deals are enticing with good money from abroad, then the broker ran into an issue exporting due to emissions (from what I read, most likely due to the VE pkg, maybe no cats or non-compliant hiflows), and the deal probably fell thru, so the broker probably got to keep some deposit chunk of change and didn't care too much about the trade $, just wanted to turn over the cash and move on to another deal. Perfect alignment of the stars for Term02 ... hec, if there wasn't the emissions issue/thing, I'd have called on it myself, great for a trackday car for the money, but MD has the plug-in emissions every 2 years and I can't risk that BS.

Remember Term ... post pics or it didn't happen, lol!!
    Cant you throw a stock pcm on there for the scan?

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast