Enthusiast

Post EMI Racing toe stiffener

Hello,

Where i can buy EMI Racing toe stiffener for 2002 Viper please?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks

Enthusiast
    EMI brace goes on the knuckle, ipsco version is toe link frame attachment to differential upper rear mount brace.

Enthusiast
    I built my own versions of the IPSCO and have been running them for about 23 years. Take a close look at the spindly inner toe link bracket and tell me which end of the links are going to flex first under load. No knuckle braces on my car - at least not yet.

Enthusiast
    I got the Ipsco ones then got them Anodised Fast Red to match the Car

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    ^^^ red parts are faster than blue parts ^^^

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    ^^^ red parts are faster than blue parts ^^^
    Exactly, I did first think about painting them with etch primer and Viper Red PRN but the Primer and paint added too much weight! LOL

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLS.GEN2 View Post
    EMI brace goes on the knuckle, ipsco version is toe link frame attachment to differential upper rear mount brace.
    Yup. The issue is at the knuckle, NOT the chassis side. This is the only other product that addresses the major cause of toe changes under load:

https://www.viperpartsusa.com/produc...ort-1996-2002/

Enthusiast
    There's another potential supplier out there (not me). I'm Beta testing the beta version at Road America this weekend. Fit was perfect and installation has one minor bug to clear.

Don't waste your time trying to get a hold of Erik at EMI. We exchanged 5-6 emails where I repeatedly tried to give him my money to no avail.

I've been looking for a pair that attaches at the knuckle for a while, similar to the ones Erik made. I also emailed him, and he didn't want my money either Interested in what you're talking about Dean!

Enthusiast
    Someone needs to make one of these that works with the Ipsco parking brake.

Enthusiast
    My track report on the new ones I installed:

With my home built inner toe link supports installed for years, I always felt good, but I had a small bit of concern that the aluminum knuckle at the outer tie rod could suddenly fail from fatigue with little notice.

I did 4 track sessions at Road America over 3 days. The longest was 25 minutes, the shortest was 15. Each session I got faster as I gained confidence. At every corner, and especially at the Carousel where throttle steer and left side loading are heavy, I felt absolute confidence in the back end stability. Both ends of the car have been bump steered. Both ends had caster set using the 6990 Viper Service Tools and a DRB.

I would say that regardless of who makes them, they are a worthwhile investment.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    My track report on the new ones I installed:

With my home built inner toe link supports installed for years, I always felt good, but I had a small bit of concern that the aluminum knuckle at the outer tie rod could suddenly fail from fatigue with little notice.

I did 4 track sessions at Road America over 3 days. The longest was 25 minutes, the shortest was 15. Each session I got faster as I gained confidence. At every corner, and especially at the Carousel where throttle steer and left side loading are heavy, I felt absolute confidence in the back end stability. Both ends of the car have been bump steered. Both ends had caster set using the 6990 Viper Service Tools and a DRB.

I would say that regardless of who makes them, they are a worthwhile investment.
    Hopefully these that you’re testing come out soon?

Enthusiast
    Hopefully, but there's no guarantee because it isn't at all my decision. I've offered some constructive input toward what may be a final market version.

Enthusiast
    Dean how did this go? Are the toe link supports available yet?

Enthusiast
    I've not had any more track time, nor contact with the person who made them. He's probably as busy as I am and just doesn't have the time for the side project right now. I'm grateful he did me the solid and hope it works out that he could do more some day.