Enthusiast

Project Cayenne Carpet Cleaning 101 The Junkman

As I start Project Cayenne, the first thing I decided to do was get rid of all the cooties left behind by the previous owner. Between the carpet and the engine, I don't know which one is worse but since I have to be INSIDE the car, the carpet is where I am starting. There will be a engine cleaning video, as well as other videos, down the road.

Enthusiast
    Part II

Enthusiast
    My carpets are all clean normally too, but I blow out the interior and wipe with damp MF towel. A vaccuum head can tear the fabric over time.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    What kind of vacuum head are you referring too? I have neve had that happen and I might vacuum up to three times a week and that's on a car that is 20-years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    As I start Project Cayenne, the first thing I decided to do was get rid of all the cooties left behind by the previous owner. Between the carpet and the engine, I don't know which one is worse but since I have to be INSIDE the car, the carpet is where I am starting. There will be a engine cleaning video, as well as other videos, down the road.

I've owned the Big Green for approx. 3yrs and it kicks ass. Just a heads-up... That handle on top goes back to lock, not forward. LOL!
    20211205_090307.jpg
    Last edited by Grcforce327; 12-05-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Enthusiast
    I don't think that you can operate that machine with the handle in the wrong position. Did you see me operating it that way in the video?

I don't think that you can operate that machine with the handle in the wrong position. Did you see me operating it that way in the video?
    1Untitled.jpg

Enthusiast
    No, that's when I was using the optional hose attachment. You can't raise the handle with the optional hose attachment connected. The handle would block the opening where the hose attaches.

No, that's when I was using the optional hose attachment. You can't raise the handle with the optional hose attachment connected. The handle would block the opening where the hose attaches.
    Ummm... NO! You tend to such air with it unlocked.
    Screenshot_20211205-133336_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by Grcforce327; 12-05-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Enthusiast
    Well, that handle obviously doesn't stop it from working! Look at my carpet!

Well, that handle obviously doesn't stop it from working! Look at my carpet!
    You will suck much more water out with it locked.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4FkRpLuws

Enthusiast
    I will have to check that if I ever need to use one again. But like I said in the video, I NEVER allow my cars to get remotely in that kind of shape. That thing was trashed. For someone to spend 95K on a SUV and treat it like that, I can just imagine what their house looks like.