Enthusiast

Junkman s Debadging Damage Repair

In this video, I repair the damage someone did while trying to remove a dealer badge from the rear of the car. A lot of information about what is going on in the video can be found in the annotations that I have inserted into the video so make sure that you read them.

By the way, it was cut off in the video but for those wondering where my Corvettes are, They live in the garage where I make all my videos, which is across the street from the police station. I set the alarm off in my garage once and they didn't even bother to drive to my house. They just walked across the street. I looked up and seen them coming down my driveway and was like dang... they fast!

My daggone blur covered up some of my text but I didn't want anyone with a 105 mm M101A1 Howitzer to be raining down artillery's on my grid coordinates, which is embedded in the video by my body camera

Enthusiast
    Looks good.
    I've removed a sticker with a caramel/toffee wheel and wasn't very pleased with the result. Later I used a hairdryer. Was a black Van, so you could still see the outlines.
    And yes, I've tried with my hands to buff it out. You'll know the result...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heysie View Post
    ... And yes, I've tried with my hands to buff it out. You'll know the result...

Trust me my friend, you are NOT the only one! Not by a country mile!

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Watched and Learned. Thanks.

How did the owner get the decals '98% off" ??

I have "Old PaceCar Decals" on several cars, and worry about the day the decals and adhesive residue have to come off...........

Enthusiast
    This guy repairs laptops, as well as computers and such, just as I do. When he gets a laptop for sale with stickers all over it, he removes the stickers with alcohol and elbow grease. He found out that his practice doesn't translate to automotive paint and the more he scrubbed, the worse it got. Then he finally called me.

He and I cover each other big time in our businesses. I hate doing laptop hardware repairs and he doesn't do anything outside of his shop so we cover each other when the opportunity presents itself.

What YOU need is a product called Rapid Tac Adhesive Remover. This is what the guys in the sign industry use. I made a video about it, which showed how to use it and what it does but I accidentally deleted it. That sucked.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    What YOU need is a product called Rapid Tac Adhesive Remover. This is what the guys in the sign industry use. I made a video about it, which showed how to use it and what it does but I accidentally deleted it. That sucked.
    THANKS...........

Is the anti-decal process simple? Heat-Gun on decals, and later Rapid-Tac on the leftover goo? Or is there a "decal softener" process? I'm nervous about plastic-blade scraping of the decals. Im considering a window-tint / body wrap professional to do it.

Thanks Junk !
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 02-02-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Enthusiast
    Yea, that's the guy who gave me my supply to do the videos with. But my video had a HOT next door neighbor drop in wearing a red dress and high heels.

I don't think I will ever run out. That stuff works like a charm but you have to follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.

Enthusiast
    I've been using the 3M adhesive remover for years on cars. Never had a problem with damaging the paint. Not sure I'd ever use anything but this product.

https://www.collisionservices.com/pr...BoCeUAQAvD_BwE

Enthusiast
    I've used 3M, Goo Gone and a host of other products but nothing comes close to Rapid Tac. I used Rapid Tac to remove the glue from a car where the owner had taped plastic to a busted passenger door window. That stuff baked all summer long and if you know duct tape like we do here in Kentucky, that stuff will hold the Titanic together. Rapid Tac melted that glue off the car so easily that I gave my other stuff away. It is now my only go to product for adhesive removal.