Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    The Gen 5 intake manifold should have come with new, longer bolts...those are what you'll need to use. The OEM bolts are way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    The Gen 5 intake manifold should have come with new, longer bolts...those are what you'll need to use. The OEM bolts are way too short.
    Yep, Doug clarified. I will have to find something local to work. Hope Fastenal has them
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    I'm curious to see if you can find something that will work...if you can buy them from Mopar, I'm sure they'd be about $10 each.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRon View Post
    Andy, I didn't need the 2013 PCV line as I used the OE hardline that runs from the passenger valve cover in front of cylinder 2 to the stock intake and then bought a 5/8" 90 degree rubber elbow from auto zone. For the test drive, I just capped the pcv as well as the vacuum line going under the front of the intake. Since I had the driver side PCV vent that plugs into the airbox between the MAF sensors hooked up, I had a vent for the crankcase. It's not optimal nor the way the system was designed to work, but is sufficient for just the test drive until I get my catch can this week.

Frgmstr, I'm sure the angled cuts on the dowels would and are working just fine too. I just didn't want to chance it even if it were a remote possibility of causing a problem. Thanks for posting the dyno numbers on your setup. I am curious, you had good gains from the switch - 18rwhp peak, but I was thinking in other dynos, the intake was worth 25-30rwtq in the midrange. in your runs, it seems to be pretty linear at approx. 12-18rwtq increase throughout. What other upgrades do you have done to hit 608?
    How long did the install take?

Enthusiast
    If you have everything lined up (you know what you are doing for PCV routing, have Doug Shelby's adapters, etc.), it should go pretty quick. I had mine done in a few hours, and I work SLOW.

Enthusiast
    You need these either from DSE or OEM.

$31 DSE-VP-CL-002: 20 Black Stainless Steel Gen V Manifold Bolts (OEM Eqiv. 06510753AA)

Hello all - I'm looking to purchase my first viper. It is a 2008 with the gen 5 intake and has the mopar pcm with arrow tune. From my research, the car will not pass PA inspection with the current PCM. If I were to have an OEM PCM with factory tune installed, would there be any issues with the gen 5 intake in terms of passing inpection or the OEM PCM throwing errors?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper_PA View Post
    Hello all - I'm looking to purchase my first viper. It is a 2008 with the gen 5 intake and has the mopar pcm with arrow tune. From my research, the car will not pass PA inspection with the current PCM. If I were to have an OEM PCM with factory tune installed, would there be any issues with the gen 5 intake in terms of passing inpection or the OEM PCM throwing errors?
    The car will not pass a plug-in OBD-II check with the Mopar PCM.

The Gen 5 intake manifold itself should not cause any issues with the OEM PCM.

You need to make sure that those are the only mods - the OEM PCM does not play well with high flow cats and/or headers when it comes to emissions. So as long as the factory exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters are in place, you should be fine, even with the different intake manifold.

In an ideal world, the seller would include the stock PCM in the purchase. If not, you'll have to do some leg work to obtain a stock PCM, and then have a tech marry it to your car (set the VIN, mileage, do a throttle relearn, etc.). Finding a competent Viper tech is getting harder to do these days. I'd expect the final bill to run you upwards of $2k (PCM + labor) if you have to purchase the stock PCM yourself, so keep that in mind when negotiating the price of the car.

This is one of those areas where you need to be a well-educated buyer, and I think you are well on your way. Please let us know if you have any other questions/issues, and good luck!

Anyone on this thread interested in trading a gen 4 intake for a gen v?

Enthusiast
    sent you a PM

Enthusiast
    Bringing this post back up from the dead, but for a reason.

I'm in the process of cleaning up some stuff in my engine bay over the winter. I the process of doing that, I noticed this:

The part with the 90° bend started out like this, as I showed earlier in this thread:

It isn't totally collapsed, but pretty close to it. Might as well fix it while I'm in there.

Although it lasted quite a while, clearly that hose I linked to many years ago (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DAC-80405) was not up to the task, at least not long term. I'm working on a new solution, but I at least wanted to get this info out there in case anyone was looking to do something similar in the future.

I cut the plastic nipple off flush and tapped the hole for a 90deg NPT to hose barb fitting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12